Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
I never found the 2022 ticket prices released as advertised.
Today is supposed to be the day to order and /or reserve 2022 season tickets.
If I have information about the price for season tickets I will post it.
Or, maybe they will post prices today.
We will see how this works.
By LUOrange
Got the email this morning. They're only taking n$50 deposits per ticket for next year's season tickets. Like the Liberty Sports Nerd that I am, I went ahead and placed my deposits. However, it appears that they're raising prices next year based upon BYU and Tech, as tickets will range $110-800. It also appears that they're going to do some renovations or "enhancements" to the Bill for next season along with the "tiering" of the berm.

I know most or every school and team fluctuate prices based on who they're playing, but I think raising them is a mistake, just as I thought reserved GA/bleacher seats was a mistake. Based upon my flawed memory, they're was a noticeable difference in attendance from the first year of reserved seating and the year before. To me raising prices while you're still trying to build your fanbase and you regularly can't fill 30% of your stadium isn't a good idea. So I hope this doesn't backfire, as the reserved seating appeared to do. Of course, I could be wrong. I hope I am.

I do also hope that they bring back most of the gameday activities/ceremonies that they last did in the 2014 & 2015 seasons. I think having those fun, family orientated things along with the fanfest really helped make those seasons special.
CCWMichael liked this
By CCWMichael
I have not dropped my money yet.
I want to know cost. No way I will give 150 to find out the price is going up say 300. Bet the 50 is non-refundable as well.
I will spend even if it is a drastic increase but I NEED TO KNOW.
I feel like they are fishing to see interest to determine price increase.
And, yes LUOrange I agree. As we are attempting to build a fan base it is more than likely the "mystery increase" is not the best idea.
At least give a cost as was promised last month.
I will still purchase at some point but knowing our current season ticket sales I am sure not worried about not being able to get tickets.
SHOW ME THE COST.
LUOrange liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: October 1st, 2021, 11:53 am Got the email this morning. They're only taking n$50 deposits per ticket for next year's season tickets. Like the Liberty Sports Nerd that I am, I went ahead and placed my deposits. However, it appears that they're raising prices next year based upon BYU and Tech, as tickets will range $110-800. It also appears that they're going to do some renovations or "enhancements" to the Bill for next season along with the "tiering" of the berm.

I know most or every school and team fluctuate prices based on who they're playing, but I think raising them is a mistake, just as I thought reserved GA/bleacher seats was a mistake. Based upon my flawed memory, they're was a noticeable difference in attendance from the first year of reserved seating and the year before. To me raising prices while you're still trying to build your fanbase and you regularly can't fill 30% of your stadium isn't a good idea. So I hope this doesn't backfire, as the reserved seating appeared to do. Of course, I could be wrong. I hope I am.

I do also hope that they bring back most of the gameday activities/ceremonies that they last did in the 2014 & 2015 seasons. I think having those fun, family orientated things along with the fanfest really helped make those seasons special.
I agree about reserved GA seating. We’ve foregone season tickets because of it. Our kids are Flames Kids Club members and if we got season tickets we wouldn’t be able to sit where their FKC seats are assigned (they’re assigned week to week on first come, first served basis). Also, if we get season tickets and want someone to join us for a game, we can’t get tickets next to us with reserved GA season tickets. Same thing with trying to coordinate with extended fam or friends who have season tickets. If GA wasn’t reserved we could find spots with them or with different ppl for different games. As is, it’s taken a lot away from the experience for us.
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
Again, my memory might not match actuality and this was before the student side upper deck expansion. But prior to reserved GA seating the Baptist upper deck ends filled up more than the baring wastelands that they are now. I remember cause that's where I'd sit back then.
stokesjokes liked this
By LU 57
I was contemplating upgrading to club seats next year, and I thought I remembered hearing that they were already spoken for, so I decided to ask.

At this point, although not final, the Flames Club guided me to expect a required President’s Level membership ($6K) to qualify due to expected demand. I was also told to expect an announcement regarding a West Side renovation and after that ticket prices and required membership levels would be disseminated.

I ended up just placing a deposit on seats and will readdress when more info is available. It’s safe to say we may all want to budget an increase given the home schedule.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
All seats on the west side will now be chair back. I am tentatively told that Directors Level (required to be club seats), will remain at $3k. The lower FC levels will increase. ie. the $1200 level will increase to $1500.
The ticket prices will surely increase with BYU and VT coming in.
By LUOrange
I think they're making another mistake by changing and increasing too fast. I would understand an increase for just the Tech and BYU games, but overall doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Especially when you consider that we're joining CUSA in 2023 and we don't know what our home non-conference opponents will look like, what P5's we're keeping, etc. A stickler for me, was that we were told we'd get a premium home game a year, and now we're being told probably only 1 P5 a year. I maybe getting ahead of myself, but I'm not sure that a huge increase is warranted right now.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I suspect this is 100% targeted at the Tech folks forcing them to pony up to get the tickets they want for that one game. You will likely see season tickets sales go up and a bunch of tickets then finding its way to the secondary market aside from that one game. Ian used to work his magic that way when he was in Waco getting Longhorn & Aggies to buy season tickets to get access to the one game they wanted. Ian is a great business man.
LUOrange liked this
By LU 57
flameshaw wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 11:30 am All seats on the west side will now be chair back. I am tentatively told that Directors Level (required to be club seats), will remain at $3k. The lower FC levels will increase. ie. the $1200 level will increase to $1500.
The ticket prices will surely increase with BYU and VT coming in.
They did say points and such factor in as well, so I could see where folks who have been in club level awhile at the Directors level would be given preference over someone like me looking at club level for the first time, hence the Presidents level guidance.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Be on the look out for PSL type additions as well. Very excited about that. Need to remove those interlopers from my seats. “Friends of Junior” no longer get the run of the place!
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]