Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jmclaughlin
College football is not like the NFL where injuries have to be disclosed. Why give your opponent any "real information" if you don't have to?
JK37 liked this
By sstaedtler
I do not feel good about this one. UAB is hot, going to be emotionally charged in the new stadium with tons of fans. We had our bubble burst last week as far as being undefeated and teams coming off that often come out flat. We cannot afford to come out flat. TJ Green needs to start at running back. He's more physical. Let him wear out the defense and then bring in Shedro when defense is tired.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
sstaedtler wrote: September 29th, 2021, 11:50 am I do not feel good about this one. UAB is hot, going to be emotionally charged in the new stadium with tons of fans. We had our bubble burst last week as far as being undefeated and teams coming off that often come out flat. We cannot afford to come out flat. TJ Green needs to start at running back. He's more physical. Let him wear out the defense and then bring in Shedro when defense is tired.
Thank you!!!!!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Key Offensive Players

#9 Dylan Hopkins
6' 2" 215 lbs Redshirt Junior Quarterback
Thru 4 Games: 29-of-39 for 501 Yds with 7 TDs & 1 INT
*** Took over from senior Tyler Johnston III leading Blazers to victory over Tulane Last Week ***

#22 DeWayne McBride Jr.
5' 11" 215 lbs Sophomore Running Back
Thru 4 Games: 52 Carries for 282 Yds with 1 Rushing TD

#20 Gerrit Prince
6' 5" 240 lbs Senior Tight End
Thru 4 Games: 13 Receptions for 269 Yds with 5 TDs
jmclaughlin liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Big article about Prince in today's Lynchburg paper. He averages over 20 yards per catch.
By jmclaughlin
If you haven't heard the interview with Kendy Charles from todays LU press release, it is worth the listen. Manson and crew got to ask him questions. Incredible story of a kid coming from Haiti with 0 reference for American football. He tells a story about seeing a football when he was kid and having no frame of reference for what it was. They tried to play soccer with it until realizing that was no fun. Never saw a football game until he was 10 years old now playing high end DI football. God's Plan is always a compelling ride!
LUOrange, Sly Fox, rtb72 liked this
By rtb72
Solid interviews with some of our kids this week following our loss to SU. Sounds like they are of the right mind set and hungry. We will certainly need that motivation.
By jmclaughlin
What is the scoop with Stetson Moore? Didn't notice him on the field last week.
Looks like Coleman and Lofton may still be out. We need a big target on the outside and was optimistic Moore would be a guy who could help in short yardage / goal line situations. Even though Stubbs is not a BIG option, if we don't have him again, that forces CJ to the outside and we are right back to the limited looks for Malik that have plagued our offensive production.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: October 1st, 2021, 10:23 am What is the scoop with Stetson Moore? Didn't notice him on the field last week.
Looks like Coleman and Lofton may still be out. We need a big target on the outside and was optimistic Moore would be a guy who could help in short yardage / goal line situations. Even though Stubbs is not a BIG option, if we don't have him again, that forces CJ to the outside and we are right back to the limited looks for Malik that have plagued our offensive production.
I don't think he is injured. He recently switched positions, and although he made plays late against ODU's reserves, my guess is our coaches don't think he is "ready for prime time" yet. I do know they like his talent and up-side.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Wait, people read newspapers?
ballcoach15 liked this
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
How quickly does the espn app allow the replay to be watched. I’ve got an event tonight for an organization I’m on the board of and it starts at kickoff. I don’t want to spoil it by looking at the score so I want to come home and watch it tonight. Is the replay available that quickly?
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I know we have had some penalty problems to start the year but so has UAB. They average just under 10 penalties and just under 100 yards in penalties per game. The penalties are going to be something to watch tonight as the game unfolds.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 9:34 am The game is on CBS Sports.
If you have DirecTV, you can upgrade for one month and only pay $11.61 to get the CBS Sport Network channel that covers the LU-UAB game tonight. I just did it an hour ago and am thrilled to be able to watch the game in only 4 more hours!
:clapping :pbjtime :oldhag
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Thanks to a local high school messing their field up and not getting the turf on it in time, we are having a high school game tonight. SO I will be "watching" from the stadium on my phone (except at our halftime, when I will be streaming the band on Facebook).
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]