Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Really bad decision to call that timeout on 3'rd and 1. Waste.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
NC State. Syracuse.

Getting really sick of this terrible clock management.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
We should have taken three on that last drive. Maybe he doesn't trust Barbir...or the defense. I think we could have held them on a drive.
By Touchdownmaker
Willis was holding the ball and trying to do too much. That works against Campbell or Old Dominion….not an ACC opponent.
Yes, bad call by Freeze not to kick a chip shot FG…..but our kicker is shakey at best. Willis fumble broke our back….. throw the ball away or take the loss.
Don’t get me wrong ….., Willis is our best player by far…..but, he’s human.
By willflop
Barbir already proved unreliable, but this was like an extra point. It's a momentum thing, feels like you can't be stopped until you are. Of course we still get the defensive stop but pick the worst time through 4 games to fumble it.
Cider Jim liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
What was Freeze thinking tonight. I guess even the best has a bad night.

Syracuse has a good defence and a one man offence. Tough loss guys.

Can't win them all.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Probably one of the worst coached game by HCHF. Terrible decisions all around. Run Malik on 3rd and 4th down at the goal line when everyone knew that’s where he was going to go. Then the timeout, wasted on icing the kicker at what 20 yd fg? That’s like when Fuentes tried to Ice Babir on the 64 yard attempt.

Wasted points and wasted 25 seconds with one of the best QBs in the game. So dumb and frustrating.
jinxy liked this
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Losing always hurts, but this one hurts worse because we were in command and lost our composure. A TD on that 2nd-to-last drive - maybe run to the left rather than the right, or run a different play on 4th and goal? - or a field goal on 4th down would have put all the pressure on Syracuse, and they would have been the ones losing their composure.

And the ACC in-studio crew seemed to want Malik Willis to fail so badly, and Coach Richt wouldn't concede anything to him, even after he rallied the team and brought them from 21-7 to tie the game.
By tyndal23
willflop wrote: September 24th, 2021, 11:29 pm Yea. The pre game guys all picked LU to win, but they and the announcers were all giddy to see them lose.
It’s called the ACC Network for a reason.
We should have lost this game by 17.
Banged up G5 O lime vs Good P5 D Line
230 QB with a stud RB and screen game.
Where were our tight ends? I know u keep them in to block but at least call a couple rub and route throws.
Agree with the field fpgoal attempt on 1st drive - disagreed with not taking field goal in 4th qtr to take the first lead if the game.
By rtb72
They caught us on one of our worse nights and they played one of their better games. It happens. We have some things to fix and we knew that. I'd rather take the "L" now though. Not saying I like it, but I think it'll make us stronger. Just my humble opinion...
LUOrange liked this
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]