Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Old Dominion University
Norfolk, Virginia

ODU Football Official Site

The Monarch's Den Message Board

Ricky Rahne
1st Season as ODU Head Coach - Formerly Penn State OC

2021 Schedule/Results

SEP 03 - @ WAKE FOREST ........................... L 10-42
SEP 11 - HAMPTON ..................................... W 47-7
SEP 18 - @ LIBERTY .................................... 6:00 PM
SEP 25 - BUFFALO
OCT 02 - @ UTEP*
OCT 09 - @ MARSHALL*
OCT 16 - WKU*
OCT 30 - LOUISIANA TECH*
NOV 06 - @ FIU*
NOV 13 - FAU*
NOV 20 - @ MTSU*
NOV 27 - CHARLOTTE*

Key Players

#8 DJ Mack Jr.
6' 3" 226 lbs Junior Quarterback - UCF Transfer
Thru 2 Games: 29-of-65 for 363 Yds with 2 TDs & 2 INTs + 32 Carries for 127 Yds with 6 Rushing TDs

#12 Elijah Davis
5' 10" 209 lbs Sophomore Running Back from Heritage HS
Thru 2 Games: 20 Carries for 178 Yds (8.8 YPC) with 1 Rushing TD + 1 Catch for 1 Yd Receiving

#83 Isaiah Spencer
6' 5" 226 lbs Sophomore Tight End
Thru 2 Games: 4 Catches for 26 Yds with 2 TD Receptions

#3 Jordan Young
6' 3" 230 lbs Senior Linebacker
Thru 2 Games: Team-Leading 14 Tackles

#6 Tre Hawkins III
6' 3" 195 lbs Junior Cornerback (JUCO TRansfer)
Thru 2 Games: 11 Tackles including 3.5 for Loss + 1 Forced Fumble
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ODU had 3 injuries last night, will not know how bad for a few days. Davis left the game hurt in the 2nd quarter. He had over a hundred yards on 8 carries. Smart Strong WR left hurt in the 3rd, as did OL Weaver.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: September 12th, 2021, 4:45 pm We recruited Davis back in the day out of Heritage HS.
For whatever reason, TG and his crew got in on Davis pretty late in the game. Once they did, they went after him hard, but he ended up going with ODU based on the fact that they were the first to offer and never slacked off in pursuing him.
By Geraldos Mustache
Just stay healthy and get ready for Syracuse. That is all.
Beating a much improved Syracuse squad will potentially put in the Top 25 with a 4-0 record. A loss to Syracuse will affect the trajectory of our season in many ways.

Syracuse will be more determined than ever to avenge last year's loss to Liberty. It will not be a cake walk.
LUOrange, ballcoach15 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Liberty is a 27.5 point favorite against ODU. That's a lot of points. I was going to say we probably have never been that big of favorites against an FBS team, but we may have been against UMass.
By willflop
27.5 does seem really high, especially when Campbell was 35. With that said, ODU looked really bad against WF from what I saw, even adjusting for the G5 vs. P5 differences.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: September 15th, 2021, 9:28 am ....just hoping that we have the wherewithal on this current roster to make progress with this underperforming o-line
Never saw our OL being the weak link this early in the season.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Really? I’ve thought our o-line has underperformed consistently. We’ve covered over it with a mobile QB and quick hitters, but I don’t think I’ve ever been impressed by how we do in the trenches.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: September 15th, 2021, 8:38 am We’re probably a better team than Wake Forest
At 100%, maybe so. We are not 100% right now, and it's unlikely we will be Saturday, although hopefully we will be closer. Anyway, we are playing ODU, not Wake, but I do think the spread is a bit large.

Speaking of ODU's previous opponents, how bad must Hampton be to lose to them by 40?
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I'd like to know if our covid issues got better or worse. Seems unlikely that there's not some sort of domino effect.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’ll have to make a wager with my seat neighbor again.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: September 17th, 2021, 1:27 pm LU 34
ODU 23

288 yards passing
Not sure you'll get credit for your pick unless you post it in the predictions thread. :wink:
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]