Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 8:49 am I think we're safe for a little bit. Auburn and Tennessee aren't in the mix. Within 5 years, the only one that scares me is if Clemson can't steady the ship. Is FSU enough of a resource heavy blue blood to be attractive?
FSU may have resources, but they have not invested them in the football program to the extent of other teams on their "level". That's a big reason why Jimbo left.

You actually think Clemson would fire Dabo and hire HF? If they did, we should back up the Brinks truck to the bank and drive it to Dabo's house. Only coach on the planet I MIGHT trade for Freeze.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I know Clemson’s offense hasn’t looked great this year, but Clemson being in any kind of danger of the ship being unsteady is one of the hottest takes I’ve seen in a while.

Their loss this season was by a TD to a top-5 team. The last time they finished outside of the top 15 was 2011. They’ve ended the season in the top 5 for 5 straight years. Dabo is only leaving if he wants to coach in the pros, no way Dabo being fired should be on anyone’s minds. We shouldn’t even be thinking about thinking about it.
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 10:00 am I know Clemson’s offense hasn’t looked great this year, but Clemson being in any kind of danger of the ship being unsteady is one of the hottest takes I’ve seen in a while.

Their loss this season was by a TD to a top-5 team. The last time they finished outside of the top 15 was 2011. They’ve ended the season in the top 5 for 5 straight years. Dabo is only leaving if he wants to coach in the pros, no way Dabo being fired should be on anyone’s minds. We shouldn’t even be thinking about thinking about it.
In addition to the NFL, I think Dabo might consider Bama when Saban retires.
ballcoach15 liked this
I didn't mean for that to be a hot take. I think we all know that 5 years of this kinda of performance wouldn't be well tolerated. I'm not saying the ship is going under but 17 total points against two FBS teams isn't exactly smooth sailing either. Dabo is one of the best out there and I imagine he can steady the helm.
stokesjokes liked this

If the new players picks up on the pack line defen[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]