Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
UAB getting absolutely smoked by Georgia. 42-0 midway through the 3rd quarter. Of course the Bulldogs are one of the best teams in the country, but still..........
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Final score was 56-7 Bulldogs.
UAB touchdown was on an interception return off UGA's 3rd string QB. Georgia's starting QB JT Daniels did not play.
By Geraldos Mustache
olldflame wrote: September 11th, 2021, 6:55 pm Final score was 56-7 Bulldogs.
UAB touchdown was on an interception return off UGA's 3rd string QB. Georgia's starting QB JT Daniels did not play.
I do not believe this is a reflection in any way of how difficult our game @ UAB will be. A game at Georgia, one of the top 3 teams in the nation, can get away from you real fast if you are not careful. There is such a massive talent gap between the 1st and 5th ranked teams in the nation. How much more of a gap between the #2 and #73 ranked teams?

See this weeks rankings here...
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... s-ranking/
By willflop
Troy beats USM 21 to 9. Looks like their offense didn't improve much, but they validated they are good on defense. They held them to 157 total yards, -1 yard rushing on 39 attempts, 4 sacks and 9 TFLs. USM's only TD came on a fumble return at the end of the 4th.
By willflop
willflop wrote: September 20th, 2021, 10:13 am Troy beats USM 21 to 9. Looks like their offense didn't improve much, but they validated they are good on defense. They held them to 157 total yards, -1 yard rushing on 39 attempts, 4 sacks and 9 TFLs. USM's only TD came on a fumble return at the end of the 4th.
Troy holds ULM to 290 yards but somehow manages to lose 29 to 16. Not a good look for our offense.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Louisiana 41 App State 13 final. Most bowl projections have Liberty playing App State in a bowl. Why, i do not know. I hope we don't . I want a better opponent in bowl.

With Ga Southern, Coastal and App State, it almost seems like FCS.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 7:12 pm Syracuse losing to a winless FSU team who lost to an FCS team is not a good look.
The same FSU that wreaked havoc in Chapel Hill. :lol:
Last edited by TH Spangler on October 13th, 2021, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote: October 13th, 2021, 7:25 am Louisiana 41 App State 13 final. Most bowl projections have Liberty playing App State in a bowl. Why, i do not know. I hope we don't . I want a better opponent in bowl.

With Ga Southern, Coastal and App State, it almost seems like FCS.
What G5 teams out there would you deem worthy of playing us ?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
What G5 teams out there would you deem worthy of playing us ?
[/quote]

UCF
SMU
ECU
Tulane
Marshall

and any Power 5 school.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 13th, 2021, 3:04 pm What G5 teams out there would you deem worthy of playing us ?
UCF
SMU
ECU
Tulane
Marshall

and any Power 5 school.
[/quote]

You make a list of 5 and MARSHALL is on it? :roll:
In their last 2 games they lost to MTSU and had to go to OT to beat ODU. We beat those teams by a combined 56 points. "Chad Pennington and Randy Moss are not walking through that door".
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Agree - no way for us to know the future when these games are schedule years in advance. I'm impressed we are able to get the teams on our schedule. Army, Louisiana, Syracuse, North Texas, Alabama Birmingham, Troy, etc... Those are teams that would have killed us 10 years ago. Then BYU and VT at home next year - are you kidding me? Liberty's killing the scheduling part. Look at CCU's schedule and tell me it's better?
ballcoach15, LU 57 liked this
By tyndal23
prototype wrote: October 13th, 2021, 4:09 pm Agree - no way for us to know the future when these games are schedule years in advance. I'm impressed we are able to get the teams on our schedule. Army, Louisiana, Syracuse, North Texas, Alabama Birmingham, Troy, etc... Those are teams that would have killed us 10 years ago. Then BYU and VT at home next year - are you kidding me? Liberty's killing the scheduling part. Look at CCU's schedule and tell me it's better?
BC is talking about upcoming bowl game not yearly schedule. Not sure how 1-5 Tulane made his list either...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
When answering the question , i looked at every team in AAC, Sun Belt and C-USA. Those 5 teams were only ones who made my list. All others are not a known brand. The best G5 matchup would be Liberty vs Marshall.
But in a perfect world, we'll play a P5 team in bowl.
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote: October 13th, 2021, 4:36 pm When answering the question , i looked at every team in AAC, Sun Belt and C-USA. Those 5 teams were only ones who made my list. All others are not a known brand. The best G5 matchup would be Liberty vs Marshall.
Memphis ?
By LU 57
ballcoach15 wrote: October 13th, 2021, 8:10 pm I thought about Memphis , but they are more of a "basketball school", and don't move the needle in football.
They were pretty good during the Fuente and Norvel eras. Even back when Tommy West was at the helm.
By rtb72
ballcoach15 wrote: October 13th, 2021, 4:36 pm When answering the question , i looked at every team in AAC, Sun Belt and C-USA. Those 5 teams were only ones who made my list. All others are not a known brand. The best G5 matchup would be Liberty vs Marshall.
As much as I hate to say it, Marshall most likely won't make a bowl. They are pitiful this year. As for your list, ECU hasn't fielded a decent team since, well...maybe since they played in the Peach Bowl years ago. I would take CCU or App State over either of those. As far as brand, I'm not sure I would say the former are bigger brands than the latter. ECU is not "moving any needles" and neither is MU this year. Love my Herd...but I'm resolved that this is not the year. CCU and App State presently get much more exposure than most of the teams you listed, and their brand is up and coming. Some of the others are just not that hyped anymore.
By Ill flame
If it's going to be a G5 I would rather it be a top AAC school, Boise St, San Diego St or air force. As much fun as our 11-2 record against the sunbelt and c-usa since the transition has been, I would like to see different opponents
LUOrange liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]