Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I will be shocked and disappointed if this ends up a 2 touchdown game. I think a lot has been made of the 7 FBS transfers Campbell has added this year, but based on the latest report, while a few of them are "pushing" for jobs, none is yet a clear-cut starter. In other words, they are providing depth, which is not a bad thing, but they lost by an average of 24 a game last year and none of the teams they played were as good as us (although you could argue Coastal and Wake were close.) I suspect they have gotten better, but I also believe we have. I don't predict scores, but I say we beat the spread.

An added observation is that the days of FCS teams snatching up highly recruited P5 players who were frustrated with the number of snaps they were getting and wanted to play a lot, right away, are probably pretty much gone with the advent of the one-time transfer rule. G5 level teams or P5s who have a need at the position are going to be getting them. The ones who end up at FCS schools will be a notch down the pecking order.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Really bumming that I can't use my four season tickets tonight. Got ambushed from behind at my store last week and got a broken jaw out of the deal. Praise to God for shielding me from worse. Hope to see some of you in 4-6 weeks. I actually think it will be close early. HCHF will not reveal much of the playbook being used next week but the Flames pull away in the second half 34-10 !
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
rtb72 wrote: ↑September 1st, 2021, 5:42 pm I'm so excited to finally see the first one of these for the year! Seems like it's been forever waiting.

LU 48
CU 10

Attendance 18,007 (The seven is me and my fam!) So glad 'fans in stands' is back!
LUGrad2000 wrote: ↑September 2nd, 2021, 1:12 pm LU 45
CU 7

Very close this week so I went with the tiebreaker. Attendance was 15,834 so the nod goes to @LUGrad2000
CCWMichael liked this
By LU 57
Racenut wrote: ↑September 4th, 2021, 3:36 pm Really bumming that I can't use my four season tickets tonight. Got ambushed from behind at my store last week and got a broken jaw out of the deal. Praise to God for shielding me from worse. Hope to see some of you in 4-6 weeks. I actually think it will be close early. HCHF will not reveal much of the playbook being used next week but the Flames pull away in the second half 34-10 !
Wow, really sorry to hear this. Glad you are okay thoughπŸ™.
By rtb72
ASOR Forums Admin wrote: ↑September 4th, 2021, 9:36 pm
rtb72 wrote: ↑September 1st, 2021, 5:42 pm I'm so excited to finally see the first one of these for the year! Seems like it's been forever waiting.

LU 48
CU 10

Attendance 18,007 (The seven is me and my fam!) So glad 'fans in stands' is back!
LUGrad2000 wrote: ↑September 2nd, 2021, 1:12 pm LU 45
CU 7

Very close this week so I went with the tiebreaker. Attendance was 15,834 so the nod goes to @LUGrad2000
Nice job LUGrad2000! I was really hoping we could've had more fans. I thought we would have with no fans last year, but...

Students were strong and I hope they keep that up. That was really nice to see.
By tyndal23
LU 57 wrote: ↑September 5th, 2021, 2:18 pm
Racenut wrote: ↑September 4th, 2021, 3:36 pm Really bumming that I can't use my four season tickets tonight. Got ambushed from behind at my store last week and got a broken jaw out of the deal. Praise to God for shielding me from worse. Hope to see some of you in 4-6 weeks. I actually think it will be close early. HCHF will not reveal much of the playbook being used next week but the Flames pull away in the second half 34-10 !
Wow, really sorry to hear this. Glad you are okay thoughπŸ™.
Sounds like a good juicy story that must be shared on this board immediately. Feel free to embellish a little if needed...but do not hold out. So much more promising than Covid arguments.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Not much to put out there. Loud mouth, unruly customer at my Mom and Pop convenience store at 1:30 in the afternoon who gets asked to leave and not come back decides he's going to trash a few displays, so I follow him outside to discuss reparations and his buddy clobbers me from behind. According to witnesses, he continues to beat on me when I'm out for a few seconds. My jaw gets broken in multiple places, but luckily I am able to get up and hit my silent alarm which brings first responders who get me to a great surgeon who puts a plate in my chin and wires my mouth shut for 4-6 weeks. I'm a pretty big boy and can take care of myself with a guy in front of me but should have been aware of the guy behind me. It could have been much worse, but God has put a hedge around me and my store for 27 years. My store is 600 yards from I-40 in South Raleigh. Not in a bad neighborhood, but not very far from some. No one has shown us a gun in all the time we have been there. Convenience store operations are statistically the most dangerous job in America after law enforcement, yet God has delivered us from evil. I should have just let this incident roll off my back, but in my mind allowing hoodlums to rule the day just perpetuates more of the same behavior. Perhaps I need to rethink.
So. no juicy story. Just a guy who missed a great game and the opportunity to visit one of my favorite places on this earth last Saturday, but it could have been so much worse. The marquee in my sign at the store has said the same thing for the last 17 months, "God is bigger than all this". I need to rest in that.
Hey, I've lost 13 pounds in the last week, 18 more and I'll be where I need to be. Hope to be well enough to get to the next game or maybe the ones in October. It would be great to meet some of you guys.
LU 57, flameshaw, Baybird and 5 others liked this
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]