Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LU 57
Better for him IMO. Extremely dysfunctional organization even if it appears Rivera has it moving in the right direction.
Kricket liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Big mistake by the Redskins. AGG showed out the last 2 preseason games and by Rivera's own words had a really good camp. Plus they kept Dax Milne over AGG, which is total garbage! AGG will get picked up and will be making plays for some NFL team this season.
LU 57 liked this
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
They may be hoping to have their cake and eat it, too. If he's not picked up on waivers, it's a lock that he'll be on the practice squad. I think their insane depth at the WR position led them to keep the two WRs who could double as kick returners. Being able to contribute on special teams is always a boost for a player trying to make a roster.
LU 57 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I think he deserves a shot with another team... A QB who can throw a WR open is ideal. For AGG to be successful he's gonna need a QB who's confident in him and in his own arm.
LU 57 liked this
By LU 57
Kricket wrote: August 31st, 2021, 2:59 pm I think he deserves a shot with another team... A QB who can throw a WR open is ideal. For AGG to be successful he's gonna need a QB who's confident in him and in his own arm.
I am a long suffering WFT fan; albeit with much less interest over the last 5 years or so. Yet, I am very happy to see him go somewhere else where he can thrive. Washington is where good football players and coaches go to “die” unfortunately
Kricket liked this
By LUalum12
Registration Days Posts
He will get a chance. Keep an eye out for the Panthers. They need some WR help. Also, worse case scenario he should be back on the WFT practice squad.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote: October 16th, 2021, 8:17 am AGG was called up from the practice squad last week, and they are thin at WR again this week, with Curtis Samuel out and Terry McLaurin questionable. What are AGG's chances of seeing action in a regular season game once again?

https://washingtonfootballwire.usatoday ... ice-squad/
Seems to be even a little better news for AGG this week:

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. -- The Washington Football Team announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Washington Football Team has signed the following player from the practice squad:

WR Antonio Gandy-Golden

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news ... -from-prac
rmiller1959, badger74 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
He was never given a chance in Washington. Hopefully he will get picked up by a team that knows something about wide receivers.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 3:35 am He was never given a chance in Washington. Hopefully he will get picked up by a team that knows something about wide receivers.
I didn’t realize you were at practice every day! :shock:

Game time isn’t for chances. Chances are given in practice. What you do with them dictates game time.
Purple Haize liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 9:36 am It's rare, but I have seen players perform better in games than practice, and some perform better in practice than games.
There are always exceptions, but as a general rule, when there is a disparity, the players who underperform in practice are not giving maximum effort, and those who underperform in games have some sort of anxiety issue. As a result, sometimes a player is lauded as being a "gamer", when in fact they are just lazy in practice.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Practice? We out here talkin bout practice? Not a game. Practice.
Baybird, JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 7:19 am
ballcoach15 wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 3:35 am He was never given a chance in Washington. Hopefully he will get picked up by a team that knows something about wide receivers.
I didn’t realize you were at practice every day! :shock:

Game time isn’t for chances. Chances are given in practice. What you do with them dictates game time.
You know who would understand that? A coach.
You know who wouldn’t? A fraudcoach
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 4:54 pm
TH Spangler wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 2:46 pm Hopfully he lands on a team with a name :lol:
I'd like to see him go to Tampa Bay, to replace Brown.
He may go to TB, but he’s not “replacing” Antonio Brown.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]