Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 11:17 pm ]
Yeah, I even heard Virginia Tech - of all possibilities - might make a bowl. Talk about a bowl committee scraping the bottom of the barrel.
OVER RATED. They have to get past UVa first. Not gonna happen. :nono :BS :nonono
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Win or lose Saturday, the Boo Hoos will emerge from the scum swamps and get a bowl bid someplace. I hope they get sent to a bowl far far away from Charlottesville. So far that their fair weather fans can't make the trip.
JK37 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 11:02 am Win or lose Saturday, the Boo Hoos will emerge from the scum swamps and get a bowl bid someplace. I hope they get sent to a bowl far far away from Charlottesville. So far that their fair weather fans can't make the trip.
BITTER much, Ballcoach? :furious :banghead :frustrated
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 1:04 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 11:02 am Win or lose Saturday, the Boo Hoos will emerge from the scum swamps and get a bowl bid someplace. I hope they get sent to a bowl far far away from Charlottesville. So far that their fair weather fans can't make the trip.
BITTER much, Ballcoach? :furious :banghead :frustrated
Remember the old Bitter Beer Face commercials in the 90’s? That’s all I ever think about when I envision BC.
Liberty22 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 16th, 2021, 8:06 am ODU is 4-6, with games with MTSU and Charlotte left. If ODU makes a bowl, the bowl field will be watered down.
ODU is in. ODU Insiders say most likely they get Coastal Carolina, to help start building a rivalry.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ODU vs Georgia State in Cure Bowl.

LU vs Marshall in Boca Raton Bowl.

Source: ESPN website

If my count is correct, there are 83 teams bowl eligible, for the 84 slots.
TH Spangler liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 6:32 am ODU vs Georgia State in Cure Bowl.

LU vs Marshall in Boca Raton Bowl.

Source: ESPN website

If my count is correct, there are 83 teams bowl eligible, for the 84 slots.
Maybe but ODU is in talks about playing Coastal in Myrtle Beach bowl.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
With the Tech and ODU wins yesterday on the last day of the regular season, all 4 in-state FBS schools should go bowling this year. How historic is that? :shock:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
CUSA has 8 eligible teams for 7 slots according to article in newspaper. Any bowl that invites ODU is hard up for a team.
By rtb72
ballcoach15 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 8:41 am CUSA has 8 eligible teams for 7 slots according to article in newspaper. Any bowl that invites ODU is hard up for a team.
The same could be said of LU. ODU dropped the front end of their season, no doubt. BUT...they figured out a way to make adjustments and win the back half. They made the adjustments and improved. So, when compared to other teams, they may have a pretty strong argument for going bowling; moreso than some other teams that are eligible.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 10:50 am
ballcoach15 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 8:41 am CUSA has 8 eligible teams for 7 slots according to article in newspaper. Any bowl that invites ODU is hard up for a team.
The same could be said of LU. ODU dropped the front end of their season, no doubt. BUT...they figured out a way to make adjustments and win the back half. They made the adjustments and improved. So, when compared to other teams, they may have a pretty strong argument for going bowling; moreso than some other teams that are eligible.
Thing about ODU is they were mostly freshman and sophomore. They just needed some snaps. They will be a handful next season.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 8:41 am Any bowl that invites VT is hard up for a team.
FIFY :lol:
JK37 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 9:45 pm VT has reputation as attractive bowl team, because VT fans travel well to bowls.
Everybody wants to get out of that loser town of Blacksburg. :brownbag They load up the truck and get the heck out of town! :pbjtime
JK37 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 29th, 2021, 7:41 am Cider, I need to take you on a tour of VT.
In my 16 years of coaching LU's Quiz Bowl team, I've probably been to Tech more often than you have. Believe me, I've seen it. Even my students complain about how it looks like a prison.
JK37, Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 29th, 2021, 8:39 am
ballcoach15 wrote: November 29th, 2021, 7:41 am Cider, I need to take you on a tour of VT.
In my 16 years of coaching LU's Quiz Bowl team, I've probably been to Tech more often than you have. Believe me, I've seen it. Even my students complain about how it looks like a prison.
Mom and Dad are fighting again!!
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Yahoo! Sports wrote:Bowl projections: One eligible team will get left out of a bowl in 2021

Nick Bromberg
Wed, December 1, 2021, 8:07 AM·

A wild final week of the season gave us more bowl-eligible teams than bowl spots.

With teams like North Texas and LSU pulling upsets, 83 teams finished the season at 6-6 or better. There are 82 bowl spots, so someone is going to get left out. Who will it be?

There are a couple candidates. The first is a team from the MAC like Ball State or Miami (Ohio). They finished 6-6 and the MAC has had teams left out from bowls before when there are more eligible teams than spots. The other is Liberty. The Flames finished 7-5 and don't have a bowl tie-in as an independent.

We're going with Liberty as the team left out. The MAC has eight bowl-eligible teams and has six bowl tie-ins and the ability to fill a bowl or two in other bowl games. The Quick Lane Bowl was our last game filled this week and we chose Ball State over the Flames because of Ball State's proximity to Detroit. Sorry Liberty, please hope all you want that we're wrong.
Click Here for Full Story
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I hate to be "that guy" but I had a bad feeling going into these last two games that we could find ourselves in this predicament. The ESPN deal only gives us access but not necessarily protection.

ESPN Events Bowl Lineup where we are eligible:

12.17 - Bahamas Bowl in Nassau: MTSU vs. Toledo on ESPN

12.17 - Cure Bowl in Orlando: TBD vs. TBD on ESPN2

12.18 - Boca Raton Bowl: TBD vs TBD on ESPN

12.18 - New Mexico Bowl in Albuquerque: TBD vs TBD on ESPN

12.20 - Myrtle Beach Bowl: TBD vs TBD on ESPN

12.20 - Famous Idaho Potato Bowl in Boise: TBD vs. TBD on ESPN

12.21 - Tropical Smoothie Frisco Bowl: TBD vs. TBD on ESPN

12.22-25 - Hawaiian Airlines Diamondhead Classic in Honolulu: TBD vs. TBD on ESPN

12.25 - Camelia Bowl in Montgomery, AL: TBD vs. TBD
LU 57 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]