Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
Sloppy first half. Malik has to run to keep defenses off balance. Seemed like he was avoiding running earlier in the half. High time we give one of those freshman kickers that Freeze was raving about a shot. Can't be any worse. Inexcusable for a senior kicker to look that bad. Good to see the Flames back in action!
ballcoach15, Liberty22 liked this
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
I really would not want to be in that locker room right now.

Disappointing first half - we should have 30-35 points by now, and be starting to put in the second team in the second half. Defense does not look good to me at all.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Final 48-7. After a few hiccoughs in the first half, we TCB. Seeing Bennett play that well is very encouraging.

For what it's worth, none of Campbell's 4 FBS opponents last year (all bowl teams) held them to less than 14 points.
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Yep, nice to have JB looking good and glad he’s back after that freak injury. RB depth looks good too.
I am worried about our run-blocking, we didn’t make much room for Mack in the 1st half and we should be dominating in the trenches against FCS schools. Although that might have been more a function of Mack not finding the room than the room not being there.
sstaedtler liked this
By Ill flame
It was nice to see Malik not having to rely as much on his legs to move the ball. He was still effective with his legs but you can tell he didn't feel like he had to carry the team on his back like he had to do at times last year.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: September 4th, 2021, 5:48 pm Spoke too soon. Brad is just "filling in" while Paul is under the weather. :roll:
Not sure what is wrong with him but he has been ill for awhile apparently. They mentioned him on the prayer list at TRBC two weeks ago.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: September 4th, 2021, 9:31 pm Yep, nice to have JB looking good and glad he’s back after that freak injury. RB depth looks good too.
I am worried about our run-blocking, we didn’t make much room for Mack in the 1st half and we should be dominating in the trenches against FCS schools. Although that might have been more a function of Mack not finding the room than the room not being there.
Mack was the least impressive RB in the game. Don't know why he is starting. Green is going to be much better. Faster, bigger, quicker.
sstaedtler, cruzan_flame13, Dalegarz1 and 1 others liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

It’s the common conversation on here. Trash[…]

G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]