Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I came here to say it looked like Malik wanted to stay in the pocket as much as possible tonight and that Mack doesn't look like the best running back, but you guys got me covered on that.

Other than that it was good to see JB throwing the ball around and to get Storey Jackson, Khristian Zachary, and all the other newcomers in the game. Man, I'm glad Liberty football is back!
By tyndal23
JK37 wrote: September 5th, 2021, 8:32 am I don’t think Malik wanted Malik to run.
If Malik is our leading rusher more than 1 or 2 games this year, we are in trouble. 3-4 called run plays a game and 3-4 RPO runs and scrambles is plenty.
By LUOrange
I was disappointed about the attendance. Although, I'll cut us some slack due to regions rise in Rona numbers, the local media's reporting of Liberty's Rona numbers, and the fact that we were playing Campbell.

The team looked out of sync, especially in the 2nd quarter and with 12 penalties. Hopefully, that's just game 1 kinks, that they'll get worked out for Troy.

I was most disappointed that they didn't replace the red uniforms. I was hoping they'd get new reds to match the look of the whites and blues. Also, from my friend's cell phone footage, the team's entrance appeared to be pretty much nothing. They should at least keep using the Turbulence intro vs. the nothing they've got now.
Last edited by LUOrange on September 8th, 2021, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Veritas
olldflame wrote: September 4th, 2021, 7:58 pm The team did not have a stellar first half, but not as bad as the guy doing live stats. Dumpster fire. We are usually pretty strong there. Must be a rookie.
I was fairly surprised at the consistent number of errors in the yards to first down stats on the live broadcast, Q1-Q4. I think a random number generator may have been more accurate!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 5th, 2021, 1:35 pm Does anyone know if Dr. Prevo was at the game ?
I believe a better question would be, why would anyone care? Secondly, he is not a real Dr. The skool that awarded him that honorary piece of paper, was/is not capable of doing such. They are really stretching it by saying they are a kawlage. 8) 8)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The improvements Malik made from last year to this year is astonishing. He made throws last night he couldn’t have made last year. It was really good to see
Our WR’s…..need to buy Malik dinner. Several times he dropped the ball right in their hands several time. But LU doesn’t have anyone who can go up and make a play.
The concessions situation was a disaster. I’m not sure if it was a lack of workers or what. EVERYBODY is struggling to find help so that can be forgiven. Maybe opening a couple of Drink Only carts would help. Not a lot of personnel needed and can thin out the line for food. They are not doing bottomless drinks this year so that’s disappointing
Student section was loud and involved
LOVED the flashing disco lights during Dont Stop Believing. Wish they would have kept it that way longer
Not thrilled my seats (and others) were taken by a family with 2 young kids. C’mon man. Bumping my season tickets for toddlers rubs me wrong. But I’ll up my donation next year and hope I can dislodge them!
LU 57, tyndal23, LUOrange and 2 others liked this
By LU 57
Concessions were brutal. Think we will tailgate outside next time. We were a little pressed for time and hungry when we got there but did not attempt getting food until the 3rd Q due to the lines.

I echo you on Malik. Much, much more polished. He was literally placing balls in our receivers hands.

Also agree on not having any receivers right now that can create their own space. Hoping Frith and maybe Coleman can fill that role when healthy. Maybe Moore as well, as he looked pretty good on a couple of balls.
sstaedtler, rtb72 liked this
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: September 5th, 2021, 5:51 pm The improvements Malik made from last year to this year is astonishing. He made throws last night he couldn’t have made last year. It was really good to see
Our WR’s…..need to buy Malik dinner. Several times he dropped the ball right in their hands several time. But LU doesn’t have anyone who can go up and make a play.
The concessions situation was a disaster. I’m not sure if it was a lack of workers or what. EVERYBODY is struggling to find help so that can be forgiven. Maybe opening a couple of Drink Only carts would help. Not a lot of personnel needed and can thin out the line for food. They are not doing bottomless drinks this year so that’s disappointing
Student section was loud and involved
LOVED the flashing disco lights during Dont Stop Believing. Wish they would have kept it that way longer
Not thrilled my seats (and others) were taken by a family with 2 young kids. C’mon man. Bumping my season tickets for toddlers rubs me wrong. But I’ll up my donation next year and hope I can dislodge them!
I don’t know about the “couldn’t do it last year” part, but he did it much more consistently. Felt like he stayed in the pocket 2 seconds longer than last year and never looked “ fidgety”. Footwork, drop back steps, reads looked much improved ( all the things Kent Austin said he needed to improve on ) but then again he had a lot of time - will need to keep that up as competition and pressure gets tougher. His numbers don’t tell the story - ( unfortunately ). Stetson Moore will be a stud, loved the Bollinger 2nd half H Back role - huge for when teams are able to trying to stuff our run.
By sstaedtler
I'm mostly encouraged. We saw newcomers like Skyler Thomas, TJ Green, Khristian Zachary, Stetson Moore, Kylen Austin, and others make plays. Jonathan Bennett looked much better backing up Willis than last year. The offensive line had too many penalties and I still think our lack of outside WR's will come back to bite us. Disappointed we could not run more in the first half and that Joshua Mack looked really pedestrian.

Defensively, hard to fault much other than Rahimi getting burned on that one play and being out of position.
LUOrange, Redbonebandit liked this
By tyndal23
Really good replays of several angles of the big plays - wish LU did this weekly. This came from Campbell - so not sure how they tapped or requested our multi cam feed for this. Would love to see it every game from LU.

ballcoach15 liked this
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]