Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
I love watching the students in our student section. The fun costumes and such. The great energy they have. The smiling faces. However, they could become a tremendous problem for opposing teams if they were instructed how to. I am in no way criticizing them. They are great considering there has never been a truly great reason to get loud. For many it is purely a social event and that is a great reason to attend the games. It is fun. For example, at Texas A&M they have a "yell practice" for the students the night before a home game. I wonder if they would instruct the students how to be loud. I was not at the Syracuse game, but a friend told me that the first half was pretty loud. With the excitement generated as we return to full capacity this year paired with the high expectations it should be a fun atmosphere. I cannot wait.

CCWMichael liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My son attends A&M and since the onset of the pandemic yell practice was limited to members of the Corps of Cadets. Think of them as a mini-VMI in the middle of a major university.

And for the record, the yells are strange but unique to their culture. Farmers Fight!
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
I seem to recall the LU version of a 'yell practice' occurring at least once during the Rocco era. Also the era of the greatest student fanclub, the LUnatics....
PAmedic liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JDUB wrote: August 18th, 2021, 4:24 pm I seem to recall the LU version of a 'yell practice' occurring at least once during the Rocco era. Also the era of the greatest student fanclub, the LUnatics....
I attended one of those for freshmen and faculty, and that's where our AD Jeff Barber personally taught us the "move those chains" cheer after an LU first down.
Last edited by Cider Jim on August 19th, 2021, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
LUOrange liked this
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
JDUB wrote: August 18th, 2021, 4:24 pm I seem to recall the LU version of a 'yell practice' occurring at least once during the Rocco era. Also the era of the greatest student fanclub, the LUnatics....
I attended one of those for freshmen and faculty, and that's where our AD personally taught us the "move those chains" cheer after an LU first down.
Yes, that is one of the many great things about our student section. Just think if the students were to make it loud at Williams Stadium like our last game in the Vines Center.
LUOrange liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?!

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: