Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By TexanMark
Hey

As payback for the great help you guys gave me in 2019 for parking info and setting up my tailgate...

I'll check in here over the next few weeks...

Fire away any questions about ticketing, parking, motels, restaurants, tourist stuff to do, Dome amenities, Covid Policies

Also, if a few of you would like to join my tailgate reach out to me. Being a Friday night game it will be compressed timewise. We tailgate in a parking lot abut 3 blocks from the Dome (since it it used for classes we might not get into it until 4pm) . We do serve beer. We ask for a nominal donation to cover expenses.

Here is an article about our tailgate from 2019.
http://dailyorange.com/2019/09/syracuse ... -tailgate/
By LUOrange
TexanMark wrote: August 18th, 2021, 9:07 am So no questions?
We've been somewhat quiet since realignment buzz fizzled a week or so ago. It'll start picking up some more closer to kick-off.

But what are your suggestions for parking?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Being a former Texan yourself, I think you can understand my engagement on the subject. Upstate NY is a tad away from the reality of most southern fans.
By TexanMark
Upstate NY is generally conservative. We are not NYC.

For parking: how early do you plan to arrive? Do you plan eating before the game? How far can you walk? Do you want to tailgate? Cuz these things will drive a different answer.

LUOrange...shoot me a private message
By TexanMark
Here is a map of all the permit lots

https://give.cuse.com/documents/2021/5/ ... arking.pdf

The only lot that takes cash is Skytop about 1.5 miles south. There is very good tailgating there. There is also one indoor toilet facility as well as porta-potties. You pretty much have to take a shuttle unless you want a nice walk.

Another option is arriving early like 4pm and finding some cash lots or parking garages near E. Adams St and S. Crouse Ave area. Expect to pay around $25.

Another option is to go on the secondary market and buy a parking pass from a season ticket holder. The closer to the Dome the more...Anything close will cost $30-40.

Lastly, some of the bars and hotels around downtown run shuttles. Coming off Covid...we probably will have to wait another couple weeks for who is doing one.
LUOrange liked this
By TexanMark
For RV'ers

The Syracuse University parking office said that RV's are welcome to stay overnight at Skytop for $40, but there are no water, electric or sewer hookups. Rest rooms are available, though.

H/t OrangeAl
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
We will be there, already have hotel reservations, but unsure of the time we'll be arriving. I am assuming I'll need to show my vaccine card???
By TexanMark
ATrain wrote: August 27th, 2021, 7:35 am We will be there, already have hotel reservations, but unsure of the time we'll be arriving. I am assuming I'll need to show my vaccine card???
Latest is a card and your ID.

I'll let you know what to expect after our Rutgers game

BTW we are going cashless (credit cards or Apple Wallet or Google Pay)
CCWMichael, ATrain liked this
By TexanMark
tyndal23 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 3:13 pm
CCWMichael wrote: August 27th, 2021, 11:22 am
ATrain wrote: August 27th, 2021, 7:35 am We will be there, already have hotel reservations, but unsure of the time we'll be arriving. I am assuming I'll need to show my vaccine card???
That, or a negative test
https://cuse.com/sports/2021/3/25/covidreopen.aspx
How is that going over locally ? Expecting a sellout ?
No way close to a sellout

Season Ticket sales actually pretty good but this Covid thing is killing attendance.

Should have 40-42K but I think 25-30K is more likely
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]