Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts

Mixed feelings here. On one had, I am a firm believer in second chances. On the other hand, our track record with "reclaimation projects" is not stellar, both in terms of behavior and on field performance. I believe this would be HCHF's first at Liberty. Not sure about his other jobs.

After reading his tweets, I have to say that he (or whoever is handling his social media) at the very least knows the lingo.
By tyndal23
What is the rule on in person ( or any contact ) meetings in a dead period for transfer portal athletes - is it different than HS? I doubt HF would pull the trigger unless he had face to face/sit down with a QB and future face of program and he was real comfortable that the kid is salvageable.
Two drug charges in four months is a little too close to a former reclamation project that bit us in the butt.

If we brought him in, I think he’d need to sit a year to prove he could do the things he needs to.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: July 8th, 2021, 6:29 pm
Purple Haize wrote:@olldflame LU has two glowing examples of successful reclamation projects
Purple, who was the other example aside from Walt Aikens?
I was thinking higher up
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: July 8th, 2021, 9:49 pm Speaking of transfers with troubled pasts. Anyone hear of any movement with J.J. Holloman?
Maybe it's just me, but Choking and punching your GF and sending her to the hospital for 6 stitches is not the same as getting caught with a little weed.

I'm sure he is talented, but he didn't exactly light it up for FIU last year (8 catches, 108 yards, 1 td). Hard pass IMHO
Kricket, LUOrange, cruzan_flame13 and 1 others liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: July 9th, 2021, 10:05 am Prepare to be disgusted then. Good chance hes here.
My trust level with HF is pretty high, so no, I would not be disgusted if we end up with Holloman on our team. Just a little skeptical. Beyond HF, there is the fact that Ian has a ton of experience with sketchy transfers from his Baylor days, and I think he will exercise oversight if he deems necessary, and will have the stroke to do it, which was clearly not the case in Waco.
Last edited by olldflame on July 9th, 2021, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
LUOrange liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Hchf has as much as anybody riding on the line with his reputation that he's trying to restore. I think he's vetting these guys very carefully. As long as he has a strict plan and holds them accountable to it im ok. I think he's built the culture to a point where they will be held accountable from a locker room standpoint. That being said I would not want to take anymore until we see how these pan out.

There's walt Aikens and then there's Asa Chapman.
phoenix liked this
By LUOrange
I'm not big on him due to his beating his ex-GF either. But he's entitled to the benefit of the doubt that he's paid his due, learned his lesson, and is a better man (although statistics aren't on his side). As far as we know, he didn't have any issues at FIU. Although, I'm somewhat hypocritical, cause I'm leery of him coming here, while at the same time the Christian environment is what he and many needs. Anyway, just curious as to an update on our recruitment of him.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: July 9th, 2021, 3:57 pm I'm not big on him due to his beating his ex-GF either. But he's entitled to the benefit of the doubt that he's paid his due, learned his lesson, and is a better man (although statistics aren't on his side). As far as we know, he didn't have any issues at FIU. Although, I'm somewhat hypocritical, cause I'm leery of him coming here, while at the same time the Christian environment is what he and many needs. Anyway, just curious as to an update on our recruitment of him.
As a parent to 2 females, I am not too excited about giving people, with his past, a second chance. It is a fine line to walk. I would hope that we would treat him as a non-athlete, when making a decision to let him attend. However, I am not sure that is possible.
LU 57, LUOrange liked this
I can get pass the stuff with Salter at QB, but i have a real hard time the more I read about the JJ Holloman story. I don't think he is a guy I want representing LU. I don't know why we don't go for recent transfer WR Malachi Wideman from Tennessee .
LUOrange liked this
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]