Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Ill flame wrote: November 13th, 2021, 1:52 pm I'm not sure that an entire conference of teams that are afraid to leave their region to play ooc games should be bragging about other conferences not playing anyone good.
I am. SEC is the best conference in the country, top to bottom. And it’s not even close.
Ugh ballcoach your anti-everything-not-southern is getting extremely tiresome. Liberty WISHES it had the pedigree of a mediocre to bad B1G program like Purdue or Northwestern.

B1G has been the 2nd best football conference for over a decade, and is easily the best basketball conference top to bottom for 2 decades. The world is bigger (and better I might add) than the South.

All that said, Go Flames.
Purple Haize liked this
Ballcoach is basically the Screamin A Smith of ASOR. He doesn't care if what he says is even right or wrong. He just blurts whatever personal opinion he has on anything.
aredd33 liked this
jbock13 wrote: November 14th, 2021, 8:41 pm Ballcoach is basically the Screamin A Smith of ASOR. He doesn't care if what he says is even right or wrong. He just blurts whatever personal opinion he has on anything.
The majority of posts on any message board are " personal opinions".

With that being said, the Big 10 is loaded with overrated teams.
Fair enough.

For me, ASOR is like the extended family Thanksgiving we host every year. A full cast of characters with wide ranging styles and opinions. Some of which I take seriously, and some of which I totally discount. All part of the mosaic that makes life more interesting. I appreciate all of you all, even the ones who give me grief for posting about food, smokers, etc.
LUOrange, olldflame, phoenix liked this
Have_a_Gansett_2011 wrote: November 14th, 2021, 7:57 pm Ugh ballcoach your anti-everything-not-southern is getting extremely tiresome. Liberty WISHES it had the pedigree of a mediocre to bad B1G program like Purdue or Northwestern.

B1G has been the 2nd best football conference for over a decade, and is easily the best basketball conference top to bottom for 2 decades. The world is bigger (and better I might add) than the South.

You were doing well until that better than the South remark.
LUOrange wrote: November 14th, 2021, 10:39 pm
Have_a_Gansett_2011 wrote: November 14th, 2021, 7:57 pm Ugh ballcoach your anti-everything-not-southern is getting extremely tiresome. Liberty WISHES it had the pedigree of a mediocre to bad B1G program like Purdue or Northwestern.

You were doing well until that better than the South remark.
Haha. Right? Not a lot of people move North!
LUOrange liked this
The playoff committee is putting expansion on hold as they wait out the current contract. Their hope is to expand and not include the G5 at all. The split is coming.

“PAC 12 commissioner George Kliavkoff said Friday night before his leagues title game in Las Vegas the group was starting to look beyond the current agreement at the possibility the next iteration of the playoff would not need the approval from the so called Group of 5.”

https://www.espn.com/college-football/ ... e-jeopardy
Liberty22 wrote: December 4th, 2021, 4:17 pm The playoff committee is putting expansion on hold as they wait out the current contract. Their hope is to expand and not include the G5 at all. The split is coming.

“PAC 12 commissioner George Kliavkoff said Friday night before his leagues title game in Las Vegas the group was starting to look beyond the current agreement at the possibility the next iteration of the playoff would not need the approval from the so called Group of 5.”

https://www.espn.com/college-football/ ... e-jeopardy
That last line of the article says a lot. There is fear that if they start favoring the P5 with autobids that they will get sued and congress might get involved. Evidently the pac 12 would rather burn the ncaa to the ground than risk being left out of an expanded playoff and for some reason the big ten is on their side and I have no clue why because they benefit more siding with the SEC.
Liberty22 liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]