Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 5:00 pm
Purple Haize wrote: June 6th, 2021, 4:11 pm
LUAlum1215 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 4:02 pm Got 'em! Front row, upper deck, baptist side. For the first time in 10 years I'll get to watch the game and be a fan. Can. Not. Wait. Anyone else in 204?
Did you take my seats? Cause Smoothie and I will toss you off the deck
Possibly. While there are several things that I may do at a football game, going over the top rope ain't one of 'em. Stop by the orange lot and we'll get you and the crew some grub to even the score.
Orange lot? Pffft. There’s only one lot for me!

We used to have the seats from the aisle in now we got moved Sounds like you are in our row. INTERLOPER!!!
By LUAlum1215
Purple Haize wrote: June 6th, 2021, 5:17 pm
Purple Haize wrote: June 6th, 2021, 4:11 pm

Did you take my seats? Cause Smoothie and I will toss you off the deck
Possibly. While there are several things that I may do at a football game, going over the top rope ain't one of 'em. Stop by the orange lot and we'll get you and the crew some grub to even the score.

We used to have the seats from the aisle in now we got moved Sounds like you are in our row. INTERLOPER!!!
The row is now full as we got the last two seats. Looking forward to getting to know more Flames fans this season.
LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 5:24 pm

The row is now full as we got the last two seats. Looking forward to getting to know more Flames fans this season.
Great. I’m so excited. …. :?
LUOrange liked this
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote: June 6th, 2021, 5:28 pm
LUAlum1215 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 5:24 pm

Great. I’m so excited. …. :?
It's actually a wash. We've been up there with more tickets than we got this year. @LUAlum1215 just picked his seats next to us. Good to know more folks on the row!
By rtb72
LUAlum1215 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 4:02 pm Got 'em! Front row, upper deck, baptist side. For the first time in 10 years I'll get to watch the game and be a fan. Can. Not. Wait. Anyone else in 204?
Don't throw any popcorn over the rail...we're right below you :D . 104 Rows BB and AA
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 10:35 pm
Don't throw any popcorn over the rail...we're right below you :D . 104 Rows BB and AA
I mean......sometimes it’s tough to make it to the rest room to make water
LUOrange, rtb72 liked this
By rtb72
Purple Haize wrote: June 7th, 2021, 12:05 pm
rtb72 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 10:35 pm
I mean......sometimes it’s tough to make it to the rest room to make water
Keep an empty cup handly :D . Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll have the "bottomless soda cups" this year for $10? Or I think it was 10 bucks...may have been $20. Either way...what a deal. PH..if you're above me...I DO NOT want you having that much soda based on your....uhhuummm....weak bladder. Might have to pay you not to get one.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 4:02 pmAnyone else in 204?
The Cider Crew is in 203. Close enough to see Purple eating his contractor-size bag of kettle corn. :popcorn
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: June 8th, 2021, 10:06 am
LUAlum1215 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 4:02 pmAnyone else in 204?
The Cider Crew is in 203. Close enough to see Purple eating his contractor-size bag of kettle corn. :popcorn
This is true
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Im not sure my group will be able to set together this season. 22k seats and maybe 5k season tickets sold and we get split :lol: Not to mention Im working with over 200 loyalty pts.

Long story, but here's the short(er) version. Last year I bought 2 seats and a family member bought 2 seats, 4 together. Then they were canceled due to covin19. They gave us a choice, refund or roll same seats to this year. We agreed to rolled them.

Fast forward, payment was rolled but not our seats. So now we have two very different selection days 🙄 Okay we'll try and get lucky. I wanted to leave an aisle seat open and select the next two and pray my family can get the aisle and the 4th on the inside next round. Then it say you can't leave a single seat open anywhere when choosing your seats. So I had to selected two together ... on the aisle and most likely the ones beside me will be gone before we select again.

The person I spoke to this morning suggested we try and change my first two seats when we select the next two if we have to. Then as I'm checking out It says no refunds and no switching seats :roll:

Oh well when served lemons make lemonade :lol: :football
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
My 3 tailgating buddies and I upped out Flames Club membership to $120 (whatever that is called), so we can get reserved parking for TAILGATING. :tailgate So what parking lots have you big spenders chosen?

They opened up a pink lot, but no way am I parking there! :oops: Instead, I'll be in the crowded yellow lot called Speakman, by the bookstore.
rtb72 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: June 8th, 2021, 6:51 pm My 3 tailgating buddies and I upped out Flames Club membership to $120 (whatever that is called), so we can get reserved parking for TAILGATING. :tailgate So what parking lots have you big spenders chosen?

They opened up a pink lot, but no way am I parking there! :oops: Instead, I'll be in the crowded yellow lot called Speakman, by the bookstore.
Obvious what lot I chose!
By rtb72
Cider Jim wrote: June 8th, 2021, 6:51 pm My 3 tailgating buddies and I upped out Flames Club membership to $120 (whatever that is called), so we can get reserved parking for TAILGATING. :tailgate So what parking lots have you big spenders chosen?

We do yellow lot by bookstore, too. It's a bit crowded, but that's our favorite place to tailgate. The band comes right through and plays also. I think you'll enjoy it. Maybe we'll get to meet and put faces with ASOR handle.
By willflop
TH Spangler wrote: June 8th, 2021, 6:31 pm Im not sure my group will be able to set together this season. 22k seats and maybe 5k season tickets sold and we get split :lol: Not to mention Im working with over 200 loyalty pts.

Long story, but here's the short(er) version. Last year I bought 2 seats and a family member bought 2 seats, 4 together. Then they were canceled due to covin19. They gave us a choice, refund or roll same seats to this year. We agreed to rolled them.

Fast forward, payment was rolled but not our seats. So now we have two very different selection days 🙄 Okay we'll try and get lucky. I wanted to leave an aisle seat open and select the next two and pray my family can get the aisle and the 4th on the inside next round. Then it say you can't leave a single seat open anywhere when choosing your seats. So I had to selected two together ... on the aisle and most likely the ones beside me will be gone before we select again.

The person I spoke to this morning suggested we try and change my first two seats when we select the next two if we have to. Then as I'm checking out It says no refunds and no switching seats :roll:

Oh well when served lemons make lemonade :lol: :football
I have a similar problem. I've always bought 7 tickets, but this year they are telling me I can only choose up to six on my day. I have to wait until non priority day to select the seat for the 7th ticket, which will most likely be completely split off. I wouldn't have bought an extra ticket if I knew someone would have to sit by themselves. I may have an extra ticket to scalp all year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I think I’ll only be in town for half the home games so I might be right there with you
By LU 57
105Z. I let the Ticket office auto-select. Biggest thing was being under the overhang for my wife. I believe that is the case. Hope so. :lol:

Should hopefully keep us out of the rain and any debris coming from sections 204/205. :lol:
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Not happy with the way this went down. Just now had my seat selection time slot and my seats were gone. The seats I have had for years. They are going to price me out. This will be my last year getting tickets if we have only sold a few thousand tickets. I was at LU when it was a dump and they could not pay the professors. Not the best way to move forward. I can’t spend the extra money to have an earlier slot. I gifted my tickets last year I would be able to be guaranteed my same seats. Thank you Liberty.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote: June 9th, 2021, 2:55 pm Not happy with the way this went down. Just now had my seat selection time slot and my seats were gone. The seats I have had for years. They are going to price me out. This will be my last year getting tickets if we have only sold a few thousand tickets. I was at LU when it was a dump and they could not pay the professors. Not the best way to move forward. I can’t spend the extra money to have an earlier slot. I gifted my tickets last year I would be able to be guaranteed my same seats. Thank you Liberty.
Next year might be worse since BYU and VT are coming to town.
LU 57, CCWMichael liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Maybe I'm just not used to how other FBS programs work, but this entire system seems way too complicated for cheap people such as myself. I can understand it for people who contribute much financially.

It's also a bit annoying when I know someone else will get season tickets closer to the season starting, and I may not be able to sit with them.
LUOrange liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: June 9th, 2021, 7:12 pm Maybe I'm just not used to how other FBS programs work, but this entire system seems way too complicated for cheap people such as myself. I can understand it for people who contribute much financially.

It's also a bit annoying when I know someone else will get season tickets closer to the season starting, and I may not be able to sit with them.
We use the same system for tickets as most/all FBS schools for tickets/seating. I have been a LU season ticket holder for 25+ years. As we grow and put out a better product, things change. I used to purchase 8 Club tickets every year. Now, you can only buy 6. I am pretty high up there in points, but we have to sit 3 and 3 to get the seats where we want. I am not complaining, happy for the growth. I can and have complained about the parking. They basically force you to come in and out on 29, if you have premium parking spots.
I have also been a season ticket holder for NCSU and the NHL Hurricanes for several years. I would say that based on the experiences of those teams, LU is very fair and in many ways better. I know Wolfpack club members who have given mega-bucks for 25-30 years and have to park a lot further from the stadium than the average LU fan.
No place is perfect, but the bigger the demand for tickets and the fan base comes some consequences.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Another unhappy camper here. The tickets that I've had for years were given to someone else, and the tailgating lot I requested is now FULL.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]