Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
LIBERTY LB ANTHONY BUTLER RECEIVING INTEREST FROM SEVERAL NFL TEAMS

Liberty linebacker Anthony Butler, who elected to forego his super senior season with the Flames, has been in contact with a number of NFL teams ahead of the 2021 NFL Draft later this month. According to Justin Melo of The Draft Network, Butler has made contact with the Dallas Cowboys, Las Vegas Raiders, Cincinnati Bengals, Green Bay Packers, Baltimore Ravens, San Francisco 49ers, New York Giants, Kansas City Chiefs, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Indianapolis Colts.

Butler spent the 2020 season at Liberty after transferring from Charlotte. He recorded 67 tackles to go along with four tackles for loss, one sack, two interceptions, and four passes defended during the 2020 season. The 6’1″ 222 pound linebacker tallied 18 total pressures, including four sacks, along with 15 tackles for loss over the previous three seasons. This past season, he was PFF’s 17th highest graded coverage linebacker.

Click Here For More
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I want to be careful not to make light of what Anthony did for us last year, providing maturity and experience at a position where it was desperately needed, but I can't say I'm surprised. I would be happy to see him ultimately prove me wrong, but I don't think he has NFL talent. As far as whether he should have come back is concerned? Time will tell, but I believe we have significantly upgraded the LB position. My guess is, his role would have been reduced.
By tyndal23
olldflame wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 9:25 am I want to be careful not to make light of what Anthony did for us last year, providing maturity and experience at a position where it was desperately needed, but I can't say I'm surprised. I would be happy to see him ultimately prove me wrong, but I don't think he has NFL talent. As far as whether he should have come back is concerned? Time will tell, but I believe we have significantly upgraded the LB position. My guess is, his role would have been reduced.
Absolute baller and leader in a key position we needed last year. He made a dramatic difference for us. Was really disappointed he left for NFL. We may have upgraded on paper but will have to wait and see - Symons has proved he can get 11 guys flying around to the ball and remain disciplined and playing in a scheme, easier said than done.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]