Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
HUGH FREEZE PC QUOTES: RETURNEES, NEWCOMERS, LB ROOM, CLOSER TO FULL FBS ROSTER

On Tuesday, Liberty head coach Hugh Freeze met with the media as his team has opened spring practice. The Flames hit the field on Monday morning for the first of 15 scheduled practices during the month of March as Liberty begins preparation in earnest for the 2021 football season. Here’s everything Freeze said during his media session, beginning with his opening statement.

“I’m teaching a series to our players and staff for the month of March from Win the Day by Mark Batterson. This week’s theme is flipping the script. I shared in about a 20 minute session yesterday with our staff and kids of what that should look like for us. How do we flip the script from a fantastic yet challenging 2020 to how do we flip the script and get past that, as great as it was, all the great memories we will have, but how do you sustain that? I think it’s based around this theme of being a program that is about good habits. That’s the challenge for me and our staff and our players. I was real pleased with the body language, the energy, our attention to little things yesterday was really good. I was pleased with day one.” Click Here for more
By CCWMichael
PA opened outdoor event seating and if I am correct VA is still shut down so the chances of a spring game are looking bleak :( :evil:
By LUOrange
CCWMichael wrote: March 16th, 2021, 11:00 am PA opened outdoor event seating and if I am correct VA is still shut down so the chances of a spring game are looking bleak :( :evil:
\

We should be back to 30% occupancy or 1,000 tops. Although I haven't heard LU change anything for Spring sports except for allowing the caboose to be rented during baseball games.
By CCWMichael
Well poo.
I could not plan for this quickie. Unfortunately, or fortunately, my daughter is scheduled for her second inoculation that day.
POO
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
HUGH FREEZE PC QUOTES: SPRING PRACTICE, YARBROUGH, RECRUITING, NASCAR, THE MASTERS

Liberty concluded its spring practice last week, and head coach Hugh Freeze held a press conference on Wednesday to discuss the conclusion of the spring session. Here’s everything Freeze had to say during this media session, beginning with his opening statement:

“I was very pleased (with spring practice). I thought with the 15 days, obviously 3 of those are in non-padded practices. If you take those out, the remaining 12, I really thought we had 11 of 12 really, really good practices. I think that’s a high percentage, it’s a high mark for it, I think that speaks to some of the maturity on our team. It felt like we had productive practices most all of those days.”

“Was really pleased with the way they came back from the open practice on that Saturday, we had two remaining the following week. Was real pleased at the work they got, the effort they brought into those last two. Really pleased, I think we’ve added depth at some places we needed. We’re still looking for a little additional help at a couple of spots, but all in all, I was really pleased with spring ball.”

Click Here For More
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
LIBERTY FOOTBALL PROJECTED DEPTH CHART FOLLOWING SPRING

Liberty has concluded spring practice and the countdown to the start of the 2021 season begins in earnest. The Flames are scheduled to open the season on September 4 against Campbell at Williams Stadium in Lynchburg, Virginia.

Under 3rd year head coach Hugh Freeze, the Flames finally have a nearly full FBS roster and are poised to build off the program’s best ever season in 2020 when Liberty finished 10-1 and ranked No. 17 in the Associated Press final top 25 poll.

Here’s a look at our projected depth chart following the conclusion of spring practice
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]