Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
This news was first reported via the Rumor Mill for ASOR Club members and is now official. (If you haven't joined the club yet, what are you waiting for!!?? :D )

LIBERTY WR CJ YARBROUGH HAS OPTED OUT OF SPRING PRACTICE

Multiple sources told ASOR that Liberty wide receiver CJ Yarbrough is no longer on the football team. We reached out to Liberty football to confirm this news, and we were told that the redshirt-freshman wide receiver has “opted out of spring practice” and will not be on the spring roster.

In a Facebook post on February 4th, Yarbrough stated, “Let’s clear the air now. I am in ROTC at Liberty University.”

The 6’3″, 205 pound receiver played in 11 games over the past two seasons with the Flames. He recorded 23 receptions for 392 yards and 1 touchdown. As a true freshman in 2019, the Tanner, Alabama product played in four games and had six receptions for 124 yards while preserving his redshirt season. In 2020, Yarbrough fought through injuries throughout the season to play in 7 games while making 6 starts. He finished the year with 17 receptions for 268 yards and 1 touchdown (Click Here for more)
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Is this injury related? I am thinking he wants to fully recover this spring from the stress fracture so he would be a full go this fall.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Its in the post above. He is focusing on ROTC in the spring. For now, he just isn't participating in spring practice.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I saw the ROTC thing. I just wonder if the injury situation was the main factor in his decision to skip spring practice.
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
An update on CJ

CJ YARBROUGH NO LONGER PLAYING COLLEGE FOOTBALL

As ASOR was first to report earlier this year, Liberty wide receiver CJ Yarbrough is no longer on the football team. Multiple sources told ASOR at that time, that Yarbrough was no longer playing football. When reaching out to Liberty football, we were told that he had opted out of spring practice and would not be on the spring roster, leaving the door open for him to return. On Wednesday, during a press conference, Flames’ head coach Hugh Freeze helped clarify Yarbrough’s future.

“CJ is a great kid,” Freeze said when asked about Yarbrough. “I think his decision was made that he was going a different direction than college football. That is my understanding in my conversations with him. We respect that and wish the best for him.”

Click Here For More
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
He is obviously very committed to ROTC, which is great, but I wouldn't be surprised if he starts missing football this summer and realizes he can do both. Apparently that was not an option this Spring due to specific ROTC assignments, but those are not a factor all the time.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I really respect CJ for how he has handled this move. From the moment of his verbal commitment, he has been nothing but an amazing ambassador on behalf of the university. I would love to see him back on the field but understand if he has a different calling.
phoenix, Baybird, LU 57 and 1 others liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]