Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

TalesOfLiberty wrote: February 1st, 2021, 8:17 pm Any news for the 'ol Tulane DC Coordinator? Like, when will this be finalized. As far as I can see he had the top 3 or 4 defense in the AAC. I believe this will be a great hire going forward.
I went back and looked up this guys resume. If this rumor is true this would be a slam dunk hire. Anytime you have a guy with roughly a decade of coordinator experience and some P5 position coach experience as a safeties coach you can't really go wrong.

It's amazing the type of staff hugh freeze has always been able to put together. That's always something that is overlooked when it comes to head coaches.
LU Official Site wrote:Curtis Joins Football Staff as Safeties Coach
February 4, 2021 Lynchburg, Va.

Jack Curtis, who previously served as the defensive coordinator at Tulane, will bring his vast experience to Liberty Mountain as the Flames' new safeties coach.

Liberty Head Football Coach Hugh Freeze has hired Curtis to replace Corey Batoon, who left the Flames after one season to become the defensive coordinator at South Alabama.
Click Here for Full Story
TalesOfLiberty liked this
No, my Father is in heaven :D Though Jack Curtis is just a good and solid football defensive coordinator who just so happens to be from the AAC which is probably the highest rated non power 5 conference in college football. And, by the way, his defense(s) has been rated near the top of that said conference. So, it would seem akin to be a perfect match and exactly the quality type of coach LU should be looking for.
flamehunter liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]