Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Assuming that attendance restrictions will be lifted before the 2021 season starts, I think we will average over 20k per game.
There has been a trend of falling attendance overall in college football in the past decade, but that will end next year. Will the people come back in larger numbers? I think so.
Dalegarz1 wrote: January 25th, 2021, 1:52 pm I don't care what the restrictions are-I'm coming down from NJ to every home game. I'll find a way to get in - Ballcoach, can you help me out with that?
Join the Flames Club and start building up points. You can also be assured of buying some seats that way and priority for away games.
Use me for a reference if/when you join the Flames Club. Everyone gets points for referring people. The Club Level is very nice, as you know, but the level right in front is good too, if you don't care about the food, etc.
I doubt I will have any tickets this coming year, but if I do, I will let you know. Good luck. We should have some good wins in the next few years with our trajectory. I believe Army is coming to LU this year.
flameshaw wrote: January 25th, 2021, 2:02 pm
Dalegarz1 wrote: January 25th, 2021, 1:52 pm I don't care what the restrictions are-I'm coming down from NJ to every home game. I'll find a way to get in - Ballcoach, can you help me out with that?
Join the Flames Club and start building up points. You can also be assured of buying some seats that way and priority for away games.
Use me for a reference if/when you join the Flames Club. Everyone gets points for referring people. The Club Level is very nice, as you know, but the level right in front is good too, if you don't care about the food, etc.
I doubt I will have any tickets this coming year, but if I do, I will let you know. Good luck. We should have some good wins in the next few years with our trajectory. I believe Army is coming to LU this year.
Total points don't do much for you. The level you join at next season is what they look at first.
I don't think the restrictions will be nearly as restrictive but the fall has been identified as to when we will START to get back to normal not to actually be fully back to normal. So I have no expectations that will mean we will be back to zero restrictions.

With that said, if there aren't any then we will have record attendance. 20,000+ seems doable.

As far as large sporting events, I kind of wonder if the long layoff will have a negative impact on live sports attendance moving forward. We have already seen this to be the case across the board pre-covid but as people changed their habits over the past year I have got to wonder if that will negatively impact behavior in the long term. Maybe it won't but it is something I have been curious about.
TH Spangler wrote: January 25th, 2021, 2:24 pm
flameshaw wrote: January 25th, 2021, 2:02 pm
Total points don't do much for you. The level you join at next season is what they look at first.
Current level of membership is looked at first, but within each level, total points can be very valuable. That is why I got 6 tickets for every game last year and many people at the same level of membership, didn't get any.
Regardless, we should all be members of the Flames Club. IMHO.
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 25th, 2021, 2:47 pm I gotta think we'll be back in outdoor stadiums by the fall.
And I'm totally fine with giving President Biden all the credit for that. :clapping
jinxy wrote: January 25th, 2021, 6:30 pm Trump has been ousted so the virus poses no threat now. Michigan illinois Boston DC and Ny hypocritical govts are opening up now despite the virus being as high as ever.

So yes we should be 50 to 75 percent by that logic.
Agree. No need for Blue State Democrats to hold their states hostage anymore since Biden is in office.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]