Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
LIBERTY TE CHRIS BARRETT ENTERS TRANSFER PORTAL
The 6’2″, 245 pound tight end is originally from Clearwater, Florida where he attended Countryside High School. He signed with Georgia Southern out of high school before ending up going the JUCO route and attending ASA College Miami where he had 10 receptions for 114 yards.

Joining the Flames as the program began the transition to the FBS, Barrett saw extensive playing time over his three seasons with the program. He caught in 8 passes for 51 yards and 2 touchdowns, including 5 receptions for 29 yards and 2 touchdowns this season. Barrett will have one season of eligibility remaining after the NCAA’s decision to not count the 2020 season against anyone’s eligibility.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So, after entering the portal several weeks ago and then changing his mind and coming back to the team for the last few games, Emmanuel Dabney is back in the portal again. Not sure what is going on with this one, since he seemed to project as being very much in the rotation, if not a starter. Wouldn't be surprised if he has non-football reasons.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
FWIW McMurphy said we're returning 21 of 22 starters in his preseason poll. I don't know if he's speculating or has inside sources for this.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: January 15th, 2021, 2:59 pm Maybe another defender?!

https://www.americanfootballinternation ... e-latvian/
Oh FFS (Sorry about the language)
The year 2020 has been a year of surprises in college football but when tiny Liberty University toppled undefeated No. 12 Coastal Carolina in the Cure Bowl on Boxing Day, they may have become the most shocking team of all.
They can't be serious. Tiny Liberty? Toppled CCU as if they're some blue blood program and we're......
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
He's not going there to sit on a bench. He already has the NFL looking at him here and he's in the perfect system for him to put up big numbers. He's not going anywhere.
Liberty22 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Obviously he would now be a grad transfer if he did leave.

But I have seen no indication that he plans to go anywhere.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I expect Malik to stay, but there is certainly an opportunity at OSU. Fields has declared for the draft, and the current "heir apparent" FR CJ Stroud, did not throw a pass in the few snaps he had as backup this year.
By Jonathan Carone
If he has a legit shot at being a starter for a College Football Playoff team, he should go. As much as I want him here and thing he's a perfect fit for Liberty, I'll support him doing whatever is best for him.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
He should go? Thats such a short sighted statement on numerous levels.

Qbs get to the NFL from even from the FCS see Wentz and Lance and even get drafted early. He can certainly improve his stock at LU. That's before you even get into fit and comfort level. Hes already experienced one p5 program that didn't give him a fair shake. If he were to go to osu and stumble early he's going to the bench. They have no loyalty to him. He's the guy here. Plus there's no guarantee he dominates at that level like he has here. The draft is a lot about the mystery.

Not to mention what he's built here leadership and respect wise. Also rapport with a coach and knowing how he will use him. I'm glad he doesn't see it the way Carone does and I hope more kids think that way.

If your developing having fun and love your teammates oh and winning. You should stay. Joy is something that isn't easy to come by.

Now if freeze would have left I get it. But this is the perfect set up for a big season to stay.
By Jonathan Carone
stokesjokes wrote: January 21st, 2021, 1:10 pm ...but does he though? He’s great, but he’d have a lot to clean up to be on that level, imho.
That’s why I said if. I don’t know. I think he has significant passing issues he needs to improve on before he can be effective as a starter at that level, but if Ryan Day tells him he can be the starter, then I don’t see how he can pass that up.

I want him here. I think his best path to the NFL is here. But just like Seth Curry, there’s a benefit to playing at the highest level.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]