Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Geraldos Mustache
Here's to a ranked Liberty being 9-0 going into Oxford, MS in week 10.
Liberty pulls the upset vs. Ole Miss and runs the table to finish the regular season 12-0.

Final two games at Williams stadium vs. Louisiana and Army will be absolute pandemonium sell-out games.
Can't wait for 2021 season. HCHF will have our boys ready ready ready!
LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: January 30th, 2021, 12:21 am I'm definitely curious to see if Army is a better Thanksgiving/no students weekend draw than NMSU and UMASS. One would hope so.
I’ll probably make an effort to attend
LUOrange liked this
By rtb72
LUOrange wrote: January 30th, 2021, 12:21 am I'm definitely curious to see if Army is a better Thanksgiving/no students weekend draw than NMSU and UMASS. One would hope so.
My lovely wife has even agreed to come home early from the in-laws so we could make the game. This may need to be a trend for LU on Thanksgiving....not that I don't love my in-laws, mind-you.... :D
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Well you would have to think it would be a bigger draw for opposing fans too. I wonder how much army fans like to watch their team when it’s not navy
By LUOrange
rtb72 wrote: January 31st, 2021, 1:07 am
My lovely wife has even agreed to come home early from the in-laws so we could make the game. This may need to be a trend for LU on Thanksgiving....not that I don't love my in-laws, mind-you.... :D
I understand family obligations and all. But c'mon Man! It's Liberty Football!
rtb72 liked this
By LUOrange
alabama24 wrote: January 31st, 2021, 9:37 am Well you would have to think it would be a bigger draw for opposing fans too. I wonder how much army fans like to watch their team when it’s not navy
I don't partake in a lot of local media, so I'm not exactly sure how much Liberty actually markets and advertises their games. But it appeared to me in 2019m when they honored the Bedford Boys against NMSU that the advertising for that was minimal. I think they could've sold that pretty effectively with a little more effort. Again, I could be wrong (the weather was crappy), but I hope that they do push the Army game. Army is really our first noteworthy home opponent since Syracuse and in some ways, they should be more appealing. Maybe, Liberty could offer (dare I say it) free or discounted admission to veterans for Army. Especially since we'll be without thousands of students.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 31st, 2021, 3:24 pm Army is a bigger name than Syracuse.

I've never been happy with sports marketing effort.
Considering you know nothing about the field it’s not surprising
thesportscritic liked this
By rtb72
I am not at all sure where to put this...but wanted to share. Had a conversation with a guy from Flames Club admin today to complete all my 2021' membership matters and asked about Spring Game. He said, as it stands, they plan to have a Spring Game. Of course, restrictions and all...but he said they would be having that debut.
By tyndal23
LUOrange wrote: January 31st, 2021, 12:34 pm
alabama24 wrote: January 31st, 2021, 9:37 am Well you would have to think it would be a bigger draw for opposing fans too. I wonder how much army fans like to watch their team when it’s not navy
I don't partake in a lot of local media, so I'm not exactly sure how much Liberty actually markets and advertises their games. But it appeared to me in 2019m when they honored the Bedford Boys against NMSU that the advertising for that was minimal. I think they could've sold that pretty effectively with a little more effort. Again, I could be wrong (the weather was crappy), but I hope that they do push the Army game. Army is really our first noteworthy home opponent since Syracuse and in some ways, they should be more appealing. Maybe, Liberty could offer (dare I say it) free or discounted admission to veterans for Army. Especially since we'll be without thousands of students.
Purple and a host of others will tell you all about how Veterans don’t attend football games...even with major celebratory and Military paid sponsored events surrounding the game.... ( unless of course they have changed their minds the past two years...)
By LUOrange
tyndal23 wrote: February 7th, 2021, 11:51 pm
LUOrange wrote: January 31st, 2021, 12:34 pm
Purple and a host of others will tell you all about how Veterans don’t attend football games...even with major celebratory and Military paid sponsored events surrounding the game.... ( unless of course they have changed their minds the past two years...)
I know. I've been chastised before, which is why I added the "dare I say." :D
By rtb72
As a veteran, and one fortunate enough to be able to have time and means to attend....I've not thought about this much. I would love to see LU offer some promotions to military, but I'm not sure there are any bases close enough to make it feasible for military to attend, and I'm not sure there is a large contingent of veterans near Lynchburg. When I was stationed in New Orleans many years ago...and the Saints were known as the "Aints", we use to get free tickets on base. Obviously, they wanted anyone they could find in the stands back then...but it was a nice gesture and enjoyable. It may be something to give thought to...especially since LU is a Purple Heart University. Anyway, in regards to the LU v. Army game, and as a Marine vet.....I hope we crush the 2nd best ground fighting force of the US Military :D
LUOrange liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]