Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By rtb72
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 29th, 2020, 12:36 am I guess I just don’t see the need to focus on the other team to enhance my celebration. We beat them. Let them call themselves whatever they want and we’ll take the trophy back to Lynchburg and know we were better than they were. That’s enough for me.
Everybody's fandom is different.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Did anyone else watch the replay of the Cure Bowl on ESPNU at 9:00 this morning? :football
thesportscritic liked this
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 29th, 2020, 12:22 pm Did anyone else watch the replay of the Cure Bowl on ESPNU at 9:00 this morning? :football
I found it on YouTube and I've watched it at least twice
By jmclaughlin
Watched again with numerous replays on key moments. A few takes:
1. We are really well coached. Very few breakdowns on either side schematically. On D, we was in position to make a play and in most cases knew where the ball was moving. Just watch the movement of Scruggs. He was always in position to make the play. You can tell he puts in the work in the film room.
2. Did not tackle well. Butler would grade very poorly in this one. Over played containment on the edge and missed numerous drive stopping tackles. Most likely result of limited live tackling for a month coming into action.
3. Our O line plays well above ability. Won in the trenches with great technic.
4. We missed Yarbrough on the outside. We needed more height on opposite sides of the field. Had to rely on Huntley outside and he just doesn’t stretch the field
5. Need more speed in the backfield. Both JMack and Picket are great, patient backs but we need a playmaker. 4-5 runs could have been game changers with one tic of more burst. This kid from Utah may be a huge add for ‘21!
6. Coastal is a dirty, undisciplined bunch. So many plays (20+) ended with 94, 52, 10, etc twisting appendages well after the play.
7. We won! That is all that matters

2021 can’t get here soon enough!

Happy New Year and God Bless ASOR family
Purple Haize, tyndal23, LU 57 and 2 others liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 1st, 2021, 8:55 pm Liberty finished the season with a better record than Notre Dame.
Thank you Capt Obvious. Do you have a point?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 1st, 2021, 10:41 pm The point would be liberty is better than notre dame this season
I mean ND is totally overrated but not that much
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sheesh. Let me “coach you up“. Of course wins and losses matter. But not all wins and losses are equal. The New York Yankees won 33 games this year. But no one believes they’re gonna play in the Super Bowl. :lol:
Just John liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote:So wins and losses no longer matter?
They do, but the quality of competition Notre Dame faced throughout that season, top to bottom, was much tougher than our schedule. So I guess you're saying you believe we are better than ND?
By jmclaughlin
Purple Haize wrote: January 1st, 2021, 9:02 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 1st, 2021, 8:55 pm Liberty finished the season with a better record than Notre Dame.
Follow me...Ohio State didn’t belong in the championship (per LU’s version of Lou Holtz) therefore LU is superior to Clemson.
Purple Haize, Baybird liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 12:28 am
Purple Haize wrote: January 1st, 2021, 9:02 pm
Follow me...Ohio State didn’t belong in the championship (per LU’s version of Lou Holtz) therefore LU is superior to Clemson.
Now it’s all making sense
jmclaughlin liked this
By Tnobes
thepostman wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 12:13 am
Tnobes wrote:So wins and losses no longer matter?
They do, but the quality of competition Notre Dame faced throughout that season, top to bottom, was much tougher than our schedule. So I guess you're saying you believe we are better than ND?
The scoreboard would say that. Talking heads will say a 4 loss helmet school is better than an undefeated mid major. The W's don't lie
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]