Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
That is an old take.
Throw the narrative out from the team and anywhere else. I am the authority here.
Mack knew no end zone and honestly did his best not to do that.
Just one of those things in the fog of battle.
Yes, I could say boneheaded but really it was him doing his best to stay out. FOG OF BATTLE! A teachable moment for sure.
This type of stuff happens at any level of football and in occupations everywhere.
That is why non athletes and athletes have staff meetings and so on to rectify issues.
I have worked with the best military and civilian professionals and all have after action reviews to improve even after the best efforts.
He did his best effort and as heartbroken as I was I know it was his best effort and not some get up and try to pee like a dog moment. Mack was working hard and just like when a great effort does not go our way it hurts.
I feel for Mack knowing he was trying to do as instructed. Coach, shush. Good job protecting your guy from the arm chair idiots but man this was just a tough break and he did what he was taught. In real life I get what coach is doing to protect his guys. Job well done!
Me now waiting for HF to scold me :shock: :lol:
Water under the bridge.
Mack just needs to let it go and I think he has been coached well to.
Liberty fans. Chill. It's all good.
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
This play was basically a revelation of where the game is going, and we now know what to do. In the past, there was never a second thought about not scoring. You take the touchdown. The new reality says, "no, we need to run the clock down". OK we do that. You couldn't really expect the player or the coach to anticipate that the Coastal defenders would not just ALLOW him to score, but would actually try to pull him into the end zone. That trick is now no longer new. If the situation comes up again, you coach the back to pick a spot on the ground and dive for it, killing the play and reducing the chance for a fumble to almost zero, while still allowing the clock to run.
CCWMichael, LUOrange liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]