Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
JCS Crew wrote: December 27th, 2020, 9:53 am Anyone know whey LU went with the fair catch on every kickoff?
I just assumed it was because coastal kept intentionally kicking high kicks and we could just fair catch ans get the ball at the 25.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My guess is Coastal saw how explosive we've been on kickoffs and did that to sacrifice field position in exchange for not giving up a kick return touchdown. We had a huge return called back by a holding penalty at one point.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Geraldos Mustache wrote: December 27th, 2020, 1:10 am Peeked in on the Coastal message board.
They largely feel they lost because of the officiating. What a bunch of cry babies.
Liberty set the tone on this game from the first possession. Coastal is a good team but Liberty was just a little better all night and earned that W.
They just need to accept the fact that we're a better team than BYU ........ and THEM :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 27th, 2020, 10:57 am Without being a homer, Liberty is best team I have seen during bowl season so far.
My only complaint is we left too many Coastal receivers uncovered.
You are the epitome of a Homer
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: December 27th, 2020, 9:43 am It's funny that the Coastal fans are pretending they didn't care if they won this game anyway. :rofl
https://www.coastalfans.com/forum/index ... c=60803.15
Yea I saw that too. They were saying things like, "I didn't even care who the opponent was, Liberty was acting like this was some big rivalry or something, they had beatcoastal gear on like it's 2015".
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That is what happens when fans downplay an opponent. They have to come up some kind of excuse or pretend not to care.

With that said both fan bases were really bad at underselling the other program or overselling their own program. I think Carone mentioned it on here at some point but that doesn't do either program any favors.

These are 2 very good non-P5 programs. Whoever won this game should be very proud. I'm just glad its us.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Interesting that this was our first win over a ranked FBS opponent. That seems strange (about as odd as Coastal being ranked No. 9) since we’ve had wins that sure feel bigger — Virginia Tech, Baylor and maybe a couple more. But this one no doubt has importance because we’re going to end the season solidly in the top 20. Never saw that coming this quickly. That’s huge.
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
I drank a gallon of kook aid last night. I am now a firm believer that the typical Liberty monicker can now be laid to rest! What an amazing finish and GO FLAMES!!!!
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
LU Grad 11 wrote: December 27th, 2020, 12:21 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 27th, 2020, 8:09 am I'd love to put 2 LU flags on my truck and ride around Conway, SC.

Wore my beat Coastal shirt and Liberty mask all over Myrtle Beach yesterday before the game. :D Go Flames!!!! Awesome game! Love the way Willis represents our school!
In terms of fan turnout did you see more red or teal?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 27th, 2020, 11:12 am @ballcoach15 were you able to get tickets? I really am wanting to hear about the fan experience there.
I went online Monday for 4 hours, attempting to get ticket. Could not solve Ticketmaster. Gave up. Then 2 days later I get call from Cure Bowl, asking if I still wanted 1. By then gene had been moved to 730, thus I canceled plans to go to game. I went to Florida and rode bicycle for 2 days. I received 2 or 3 calls while in Florida offering me a ticket.
Ticket operations for this game was screwed up from day 1. Should have made tickets available thru flames club/LU ticket office.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
I went online Monday for 4 hours, attempting to get ticket. Could not solve Ticketmaster. Gave up. Then 2 days later I get call from Cure Bowl, asking if I still wanted 1. By then gene had been moved to 730, thus I canceled plans to go to game. I went to Florida and rode bicycle for 2 days. I received 2 or 3 calls while in Florida offering me a ticket.
Ticket operations for this game was screwed up from day 1. Should have made tickets available thru flames club/LU ticket office.
Probably couldn’t figure out that pesky www thing.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 27th, 2020, 1:09 pm
thepostman wrote: December 27th, 2020, 11:12 am @ballcoach15 were you able to get tickets? I really am wanting to hear about the fan experience there.
Wait, you went all the way to Florida and were given multiple opportunities to get tickets and you still chose not to go because you think the Cure Bowl ruined ticket operations? What kind of fan does that!!??

So did you just hang out in your hotel room and watch the game???

I'm so confused.
Liberty22 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 27th, 2020, 1:23 pm
Wait, you went all the way to Florida and were given multiple opportunities to get tickets and you still chose not to go because you think the Cure Bowl ruined ticket operations? What kind of fan does that!!??

So did you just hang out in your hotel room and watch the game???

I'm so confused.
You assume 2 things
1- he had a hotel room
2 - if he was in a hotel room it was actually his and not one rented by one of his “Lady Friends of the Evening “
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
That’s a sad sad story. And you call yourself a Fan
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully he at least watched the game and didn't get lost on the bike trail.

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see where we rank in the final CFP rankings. Sadly since we were never ranked in those rankings, Coastal will probably still finish ahead of us.
By BlueBlood
thepostman wrote: December 27th, 2020, 1:53 pm
Anyways, it'll be interesting to see where we rank in the final CFP rankings. Sadly since we were never ranked in those rankings, Coastal will probably still finish ahead of us.
The final rankings reverts to AP post bowl games. So that is good.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Ahh ok. For some reason I thought they did a final CFP ranking. I'm not sure why.

So I am sure we will be top 20 in both media and coaches polls but I doubt we jump coastal. We probably should though.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-h[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]