Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
What a great win! Couldn't be happier for our guys. But yes, I could be happier! Watching NC State wet the bed in their bowl game makes our single loss so much more frustrating. If LU plays anywhere close to a game on par with the rest of the season it would have been a win. I still believe that Dave Doeren let the grass grow long before that game, knowing that LU had not played on grass all season. He's a weasel! Not only did it negate our speed, but saw Malik and others lose their footing several times during the game.
sstaedtler liked this
By tyndal23
Racenut wrote: January 4th, 2021, 10:59 pm What a great win! Couldn't be happier for our guys. But yes, I could be happier! Watching NC State wet the bed in their bowl game makes our single loss so much more frustrating. If LU plays anywhere close to a game on par with the rest of the season it would have been a win. I still believe that Dave Doeren let the grass grow long before that game, knowing that LU had not played on grass all season. He's a weasel! Not only did it negate our speed, but saw Malik and others lose their footing several times during the game.
Watching the game again, I think it is our best performance in terms of effort and will with exception of QB.( nothing to do with effort or will on his part, was just way too juiced up ). Our D played their butts off. Our receivers were open. Look at the size of NC State vs CCU - jumps off the screen - NC state isn’t well coached, CCU is - but the size level at every position, especially skill players is dramatic. Hugh would win the ACCwith NC State roster...they took away the run, but didn’t dominate our O Line - Willis had time to throw, just couldn’t settle down. That is the part that amazes me the most is we hang tough in the trenches - for 4 quarters - it isn’t gimmicks. Very impressive for a young FBS team.
By Tnobes
thepostman wrote: January 6th, 2021, 7:57 pm He didn't say that. What are you talking about?
"A 3 point loss to Oregon is better than a 14 point win against Western Carolina"

He did say that. Here's the quote. You are welcome.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He still didn't say he would rather lose than win. So thanks for proving my point.

PH can fight is own battles well enough without me.

So now I ask, what is your point in all of this? If we just schedule low end teams and go unbeaten we should get into the CFP as it is currently constructed? I really don't know what your point is but if you're willing to make one, feel free! I am all ears.
By Tnobes
thepostman wrote: January 7th, 2021, 1:36 pm He still didn't say he would rather lose than win. So thanks for proving my point.

So now I ask, what is your point in all of this? If we just schedule low end teams and go unbeaten we should get into the CFP as it is currently constructed? I really don't know what your point is but if you're willing to make one, feel free! I am all ears.
Ok. One more time for the kids on the short bus.

"A 3 pt LOSS to Oregon IS BETTER THAN A WIN against western kentucky"

So yes he likes losing. My point is very easy, schedule teams and beat them whether you play alabama or you play UMass, beat them. A loss to Alabama by 3 is still a loss and makes your season a failure, just ask ohio state after they lose to Alabama if they like their moral victory or would they rather be holding the trophy?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 7th, 2021, 7:17 pm
thepostman wrote: January 7th, 2021, 1:36 pm He still didn't say he would rather lose than win. So thanks for proving my point.

So yes he likes losing. My point is very easy, schedule teams and beat them whether you play alabama or you play UMass, beat them. A loss to Alabama by 3 is still a loss and makes your season a failure, just ask ohio state after they lose to Alabama if they like their moral victory or would they rather be holding the trophy?
Where did I say I like losing? :dontgetit
If you lose to Oregon by 3 you’re probably good enough to beat Western Kentucky pretty handily. Just because you beat Western Kentucky doesn’t mean you can compete with Oregon. Since the discussion has to do with how we can determine who is a better football team and that all games and teams are not created equal that gives, what grown ups call “context” to the comment. You take LU’s schedule this year and replace one of the FCS wins with a 3 point loss to Clemson or Alabama the media respect and exposure would have been off the charts.
Now, before you get your pampers in a powder, yes it’s great to win every game you play. And scheduling out of your lane resulting in multiple losses against Power 5 power schools is going to have a detrimental effect up and down your program. But in the context in which we adults were discussing scenarios, yes a 3 point loss to Oregon would look better than a 14 point win against WKU.
By Tnobes
Purple Haize wrote: January 7th, 2021, 8:08 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 7th, 2021, 7:17 pm

Where did I say I like losing? :dontgetit
If you lose to Oregon by 3 you’re probably good enough to beat Western Kentucky pretty handily. Just because you beat Western Kentucky doesn’t mean you can compete with Oregon. Since the discussion has to do with how we can determine who is a better football team and that all games and teams are not created equal that gives, what grown ups call “context” to the comment. You take LU’s schedule this year and replace one of the FCS wins with a 3 point loss to Clemson or Alabama the media respect and exposure would have been off the charts.
Now, before you get your pampers in a powder, yes it’s great to win every game you play. And scheduling out of your lane resulting in multiple losses against Power 5 power schools is going to have a detrimental effect up and down your program. But in the context in which we adults were discussing scenarios, yes a 3 point loss to Oregon would look better than a 14 point win against WKU.
Oregon ducks are not a good football team by any stretch of the imagination, they haven't gone undefeated since 1916
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:51 pm So you start out with "where did I say I like losing"? And end with liking a moral victory of a close loss. You are a trip and so fun to troll
Well. Trolls suffer only one consequence.
cruzan_flame13 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:51 pm Didn't know where else to put this, but this is interesting. Before the national championship game this upcoming Monday, take a look at Japan's college national championship :) :

This is fascinating - thanks for sharing. I had no idea there was college football in Japan. How could I have lived this many years and never known that? Fun and competitive game. Would love to know how many colleges in Japan play the equivalent of our Division 1 football.
By cruzan_flame13
Geraldos Mustache wrote: January 8th, 2021, 1:13 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:51 pm Didn't know where else to put this, but this is interesting. Before the national championship game this upcoming Monday, take a look at Japan's college national championship :) :

This is fascinating - thanks for sharing. I had no idea there was college football in Japan. How could I have lived this many years and never known that? Fun and competitive game. Would love to know how many colleges in Japan play the equivalent of our Division 1 football.
They have different levels I believe. These two teams are part of an East/West division. Both teams were the best of each division and played in this championship. The team in the blue, is a private Christian university so Irooted for them lol. They have a long history, founded in the 1880's. If interested, look in the description and look them up (KGU).
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]