Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
Watched all of Coastsl games twice and I believe I have found Achilles Heel and understand Freeze’s game plan for Offense and philosophy for D plan. Won’t post it here but I see the plan. Executing it is another story...really well coached team and some baller’s on their side. But they do have a weak spot on both sides of the ball. Malick NC St style - we lose, but if he just sets his feet and isn’t overhyped we win.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 11:22 pm Watched all of Coastsl games twice and I believe I have found Achilles Heel and understand Freeze’s game plan for Offense and philosophy for D plan. Won’t post it here but I see the plan. Executing it is another story...really well coached team and some baller’s on their side. But they do have a weak spot on both sides of the ball. Malick NC St style - we lose, but if he just sets his feet and isn’t overhyped we win.
You should probably send Freeze an email with your insights. Coached really love it when fans so that.
LU 57, LUOrange liked this
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 11:24 pm
tyndal23 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 11:22 pm Watched all of Coastsl games twice and I believe I have found Achilles Heel and understand Freeze’s game plan for Offense and philosophy for D plan. Won’t post it here but I see the plan. Executing it is another story...really well coached team and some baller’s on their side. But they do have a weak spot on both sides of the ball. Malick NC St style - we lose, but if he just sets his feet and isn’t overhyped we win.
You should probably send Freeze an email with your insights. Coached really love it when fans so that.
Nope. I leave the coaching to the coaches. Took me 80 hours to figure out what he saw in 8 minutes. But I think I figured. It out. You just keep Mrs. Purple happy and focus on your concert tour and I will do the football research Mr. “FCS success before FBS” Haize....
flameshaw, LU 57 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 11:30 pm
Nope. I leave the coaching to the coaches. Took me 80 hours to figure out what he saw in 8 minutes. But I think I figured. It out. You just keep Mrs. Purple happy and focus on your concert tour and I will do the football research Mr. “FCS success before FBS” Haize....
Yeah, if it took you 80 hours to figure something out you best leave the coaching to the coaches
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: December 24th, 2020, 12:05 am
tyndal23 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 11:30 pm

Yeah, if it took you 80 hours to figure something out you best leave the coaching to the coaches
Burn....feeling the purple stain and “it hurts so good “ quick name the band...
By tyndal23
thepostman wrote: December 24th, 2020, 12:21 am So @tyndal23 you came up with the perfect game plan and are keeping it under wraps for what reason?
Why would I before game time.on a public board? I will say it is the opposite of NC State for our O.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 24th, 2020, 12:05 am you best leave the coaching to the coaches
That's what Ballcoach has said for YEARS! :exactly :oldhag :fineprint
ballcoach15 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: December 24th, 2020, 12:31 am
thepostman wrote: December 24th, 2020, 12:21 am So @tyndal23 you came up with the perfect game plan and are keeping it under wraps for what reason?
Why would I before game time.on a public board? I will say it is the opposite of NC State for our O.
That is kind of what we do on message boards. I sure hope coaches aren't wasting their time getting tips from random dudes on a message board.

But you do you man, I just don't get it.
Purple Haize liked this
By tyndal23
thepostman wrote: December 24th, 2020, 12:39 am
That is kind of what we do on message boards. I sure hope coaches aren't wasting their time getting tips from random dudes on a message board.

But you do you man, I just don't get it.
Well now. With that shot I can’t contain myself any longer....here is the blue print... outscore your opponent.
By Dalegarz1
Bummed that I can't make the game this year. Big party in NJ over my son's house for the game. We will be wearing red and I'm sure will be loud. I'm hoping the outcome (during prime time) will result in my family parading around Clinton, Nj in all our LU garb for the rest of the winter. This is the opponent I have wanted all along. They are the darlings of ESPN and, frankly, I'm sick of it. GO FLAMES!
ballcoach15, jmclaughlin, LU 57 and 1 others liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Our local TV station, WSET, will be doing a special program tonight at 7:00 on LU's participation in the Cure Bowl. :shock: :football
ballcoach15, LUOrange liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
We all have something. I drink too much coffee. Tyndal injects football directly into his veins. We all have something. You be you.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: December 24th, 2020, 1:21 pm We all have something. I drink too much coffee. Tyndal injects football directly into his veins. We all have something. You be you.
Oh he has something alright. Hopefully not the same thing that killed Capone :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
In other words, warp speed tempo. The beach chickens will only be able to fake so many injuries before the zebras catch on, and I actually think their previous shenanigans have gotten enough attention that they will be on to it from the kickoff.
ballcoach15 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 9:38 pm I guess I am. I have postponed Christmas until Monday as far as giving gifts is concerned.
Biggest game in LU history. :football
If we were playing SC instead of CCU, would this still be the "biggest game in LU history"?
By therealbodoyle
Registration Days Posts
Hey guys. Merry Christmas to you all. Asking a legit question, not trying to troll.

What are your guys thoughts on your offense facing their first legit D and vise versa (Defense facing the best offense they have seen all year)?

Thanks, see ya! #Beat!iberty
By therealbodoyle
Registration Days Posts
You guys and Miami were the only two decent teams they played all year. Florida State was not the usual FSU, Duke...this isn't hoops, etc lol.

Total D rank: CCU is 25th. NCSt is 73rd.
3rd Down D: 38th NCSt 40th
4th Down D: 20th NCSt 57th
Opponent 1st Downs: CCU 74th NCSt 124th
Passing Yds Allowed: CCU 32nd NCSt 93rd

etc etc etc
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
therealbodoyle wrote: December 24th, 2020, 2:32 pm Hey guys. Merry Christmas to you all. Asking a legit question, not trying to troll.

What are your guys thoughts on your offense facing their first legit D and vise versa (Defense facing the best offense they have seen all year)?

Thanks, see ya! #Beat!iberty
You didn’t think BYU was a legit offense?
I think this game is a complete unknown. Neither team has really played anyone. Yes, you all played BYU but that was more of a pick up game with out a lot of prep time for either squad. But each squad has a gaudy record and each squad has received love from the Sporting Press.
This game could be a blow out or 15 OT’s neither would surprise me.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
With Covid causing issues practice wise for both teams, it adds even more unknowns. I think we need to move fast on offense to give their defense trouble but can our defense handle being on the field more with Coastal's offense? I'm not so sure.

I hope for a good game and think we have just as good of a chance at winning as Coastal does
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Geraldos Mustache wrote: December 24th, 2020, 2:15 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 9:38 pm I guess I am. I have postponed Christmas until Monday as far as giving gifts is concerned.
Biggest game in LU history. :football
If we were playing SC instead of CCU, would this still be the "biggest game in LU history"?
Playing a SEC team in a bowl game, I'd have to say yes.
But with SC dropping out, I'm glad we didn't play them.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]