Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
They’re America’s biggest pansies now. Couldn’t even win a tight game this year without faking injuries. I can’t think of a more classless tactic than to coach your players to wuss out.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah but we have to beat them. We can play fast so hopefully that'll work out in our favor as it is appears they may have some conditioning problems.

Can't wait to settle in on Saturday night to watch this game. Will be a fun one.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Just by looking at the scores of the App State and BYU bowl games makes an already impressive CCU look much better. This is a great football team with a high powered offense everyone likes to talk about but their defense held those two teams in check...really impressive and I’m nervous about this. By far the best coached team we’ve seen this year.
Geraldos Mustache liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 11:35 pm But were they America's team back then :wink:
If Coastal Carolina was 50-100 miles farther inland, they would still be FCS or maybe even D2. Their location near the beach makes people slobber over them.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 6:06 am Just by looking at the scores of the App State and BYU bowl games makes an already impressive CCU look much better. This is a great football team with a high powered offense everyone likes to talk about but their defense held those two teams in check...really impressive and I’m nervous about this. By far the best coached team we’ve seen this year.
Their D fakes injuries. And they’re coached to do it.

Chadwell is a shady snake, and he has shown such at EVERY stop he’s made. He and Coastal are simply a match made in ... somewhere.
flameshaw liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 8:45 am
aredd33 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 6:06 am Just by looking at the scores of the App State and BYU bowl games makes an already impressive CCU look much better. This is a great football team with a high powered offense everyone likes to talk about but their defense held those two teams in check...really impressive and I’m nervous about this. By far the best coached team we’ve seen this year.
Their D fakes injuries. And they’re coached to do it.

Chadwell is a shady snake, and he has shown such at EVERY stop he’s made. He and Coastal are simply a match made in ... somewhere.
100%. Chadwell is a punk.
ballcoach15 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 6:26 am
thepostman wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 11:35 pm But were they America's team back then :wink:
If Coastal Carolina was 50-100 miles farther inland, they would still be FCS or maybe even D2. Their location near the beach makes people slobber over them.
What a foolish comment ballcoach15.
There are plenty of FBS football programs which are NOT located near a beach. Including Liberty.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Geraldos Mustache wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 6:26 am
What a foolish comment ballcoach15.
There are plenty of FBS football programs which are NOT located near a beach. Including Liberty.
That isn't a foolish comment, the beach is what drives CCU's sports. They use it as their primary recruiting tool. And media slobbers over CCU.
chris leedlelee liked this
JK37 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 2:54 pm I’m actually with BC on this: if Coastal Carolina were 200 miles inland, it would be named Lander.
It'd be named Frances Marion.

But that's like saying if LeBron was only 6' tall he wouldn't be as good at basketball. Sure, it's true, but it's a stupid criticism.
Purple Haize, LUOrange liked this
By LU 57
Hoping we perform better at Camping World (the old Citrus Bowl) than we did in years past against UCF :oops:

In all seriousness, I really like our chances. I do not think anyone expected us to shutdown the GA Southern option like we did last year. Should be even better this year with Butler and extra depth on the D-line. They will not be able to keep us off the field like they did to BYU. Can’t wait🔥🔥🔥
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 6:18 pm
Key Injuries
Liberty: CJ Yarbrough WR (Questionable), Tim Kidd-Glass S (Doubtful), Anthony Butler LB (Questionable).
Coastal Carolina: No injuries to report.
I just hope those poor Chanticleers can stay hydrated. Cramping can be horrible :cry:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Is anybody else (God forgive me), looking more forward to this Cure Bowl game against Coastal than they are Christmas Day? :football
chris leedlelee, LU 57 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]