Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CinciFlame
Registration Days Posts
I think he'll get some offers and his name may never be hotter than it is right now. If I had to guess I would say he ends up at Vanderbilt. He grew up in TN and played at ETSU. Vandy paid D. Mason around 2.8m so they'll probably go to 3m for the new guy. Chadwell makes around $375 right now. I could see his offense working at a place like Vandy. Question is does McCall go with him wherever he ends up?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Vandy won’t let him cut academic corners like CSU and CCU do
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
CinciFlame wrote: December 6th, 2020, 11:18 pm they'll probably go to 3m for the new guy. Chadwell makes around $375 right now.
Wow, that's almost a 10 times his current salary, but Nashville is a long way from the beach. 8)
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 7th, 2020, 7:37 am According to Charleston SC newspaper, he was a finalist for SC job, that went to Shane Beamer.
Wow and if Shane got that - then nobody must want him or he's asking to much.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
He's definitely hot right now. I wouldn't take the Vandy job if I was him. Great school, but it's tough to get the type of talent you need to compete in the SEC. Guys just can't qualify, and if they do, will they want to be pushed academically?

Also, the grass is not always greener at a P5 school. Sure you'll have a bigger budget, nicer facilities, and better competition, but you'll also have a lot more pressure to win. If you have a good formula and a job you enjoy, it might be better to stay put.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Jonathan Carone
A Vanderbilt like team is where he needs to go. His system doesn’t need elite athletes and takes a couple years to perfect. He needs a place with lower expectations and major hurdles to have success.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
therealbodoyle wrote: December 7th, 2020, 1:21 pm You guys need to shut it! Chadwell is not going anywhere! He is going to stay right where he is and turn CCU into the next Alabama damnit! Image
I like this guy way better than most CCU fans I’ve interacted with, especially that Carone fella :lol: 8) :wink:
By CinciFlame
Registration Days Posts
I think Beamer got the SC job due to some big SC alumni going to bat for him and he was an assistant there a few years ago. Personally, I don't think SC would have been a good fit for Chadwell. Vandy is close to his home town and will be patient enough with him to let him build his team. Vandy offers some challenges, but 5 years at 3m a season would be tough to turn down. Nashville is also a fantastic city to live in.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I read today that Shane Beamer has been a college assistant coach for 20 years. That makes me feel older than I am. I remember when he was VT's long snapper.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
therealbodoyle wrote: December 7th, 2020, 1:21 pm You guys need to shut it! Chadwell is not going anywhere! He is going to stay right where he is and turn CCU into the next Alabama damnit! Image
Just like Freeze is going to stay at Liberty forever.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
CinciFlame wrote: December 7th, 2020, 10:46 pm Beamer's new contact is 2.3m a year.
Isn't that almost $2 million more than Jamie Chadwell is making on the other end of the state for his top 10 team?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sources say that Chadwell was a finalist for the SC job just but didn't pass the background check. :nono
By therealbodoyle
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: December 7th, 2020, 5:24 pm
I like this guy way better than most CCU fans I’ve interacted with, especially that Carone fella :lol: 8) :wink:
And the best thing is I actually exist. Mr. Carone met me years ago at your stadium lol.
Liberty22, alabama24 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
therealbodoyle wrote: December 8th, 2020, 1:02 pm
Liberty22 wrote: December 7th, 2020, 5:24 pm
And the best thing is I actually exist. Mr. Carone met me years ago at your stadium lol.
I wouldn’t brag about that :D
ballcoach15, Liberty22 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 8th, 2020, 9:46 pm
Purple, didn't you feel the same way when you met Ballcoach in person for the first time? :wink:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 9th, 2020, 8:41 am
Purple Haize wrote: December 8th, 2020, 9:46 pm
Purple, didn't you feel the same way when you met Ballcoach in person for the first time? :wink:
I felt like I needed a decontamination bath :D
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I seem to recall reading early in year that CCU and all state schools in SC were "hurting for money", and COVID losses will not help.

Maybe they have some "big" boosters.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 11th, 2020, 6:46 pm I seem to recall reading early in year that CCU and all state schools in SC were "hurting for money", and COVID losses will not help.

Maybe they have some "big" boosters.
Their former coach paid for the program and bought the position and then gave Chadwell the job. We can guess where the money is coming from
ballcoach15 liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]