Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I don't like Chadwell at all, but he would be absolutely crazy to sign a 7 year extension. He should take the opportunity, while he is a hot commodity, to move to a better spot. They are probably not going to play such a weak schedule every year.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: December 11th, 2020, 11:29 pm I don't like Chadwell at all, but he would be absolutely crazy to sign a 7 year extension. He should take the opportunity, while he is a hot commodity, to move to a better spot. They are probably not going to play such a weak schedule every year.
Not so sure about that last part. 9 of 12 games every year will be SBC opponents. Then they will try to fill out the schedule with one P5 bottom feeder and a couple of G5s. They have scheduled us at least 3 or 4 times this decade, so there's that.
By Jonathan Carone
He wouldn't be crazy at all to sign a 7 year contract. By signing it, he:

1) Gets more money for as long as he's at Coastal.
2) Gets his assistants more money as long as he's at Coastal.
3) Has a larger buyout so that Coastal is taken care of if he chooses to take a new job somewhere else.
4) Reduces the chances of being fired if he stays and isn't able to live up to the success he had this year.

The seven years does absolutely nothing in terms of taking a new job.

I would say the same exact thing about Freeze's extension.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 12th, 2020, 12:22 pm He wouldn't be crazy at all to sign a 7 year contract. By signing it, he:

3) Has a larger buyout so that Coastal is taken care of if he chooses to take a new job somewhere else.
4) Reduces the chances of being fired if he stays and isn't able to live up to the success he had this year.

Sad but true.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: December 12th, 2020, 1:03 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 12th, 2020, 12:22 pm He wouldn't be crazy at all to sign a 7 year contract. By signing it, he:

Sad but true.
One of my favorite songs

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts

Points well taken. I guess it doesn't lock him into 7 years. However, I do think it would be better for him to move now, while he is a hot commodity. It is hard to imagine him being in a better position in the future. But that is a gamble he will have to decide on. Good to have choices.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]