Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Coastal Carolina University
Conway, South Carolina

CCU Football Official Site

CoastalFans Message Board

Brooks Stadium
Opened in 2003 - Seats 20,000

Jamey Chadwell
2nd Season as CCU Head Coach

2020 Schedule/Results

SEP 12 - @ KANSAS ......................................................................... W, 38-23
SEP 18 - CAMPBELL ........................................................................ W, 43-21
OCT 03 - ARKANSAS STATE* ............................................................ W, 52-23
OCT 14 - @ #21 LOUISIANA* ............................................................ W, 30-27
OCT 24 - GEORGIA SOUTHERN* ....................................................... W, 28-14
OCT 31 - @ GEORGIA STATE* ........................................................... W, 51-0
NOV 07 - SOUTH ALABAMA* ............................................................ W, 23-6
NOV 14 - @ TROY* ........................................................................... Postponed
NOV 21 - APPALACHIAN STATE* ....................................................... W 34-23
NOV 28 - @ TEXAS STATE* ................................................................
DEC 05 - LIBERTY
By chris leedlelee
Honestly, the CCU schedule doesn't look too impressive when you compare it with the Liberty schedule. Their sole P5 win is vs. Kansas, which, umm, doesn't really count...
I really see Liberty with a good chance to take this one.
By Jonathan Carone
Kansas and Syracuse are equal.

VT and NC State are better than App St and Louisiana.

I’d say the rest of the Sun Belt is better than the rest of our schedule.

NC State was better than them. VT might have been as well.

These two teams are very equally matched. I hope we win by 30 but I think it’s going to be a really well played game that stresses us out for three hours.
Class of 20Something, rtb72, Baybird and 1 others liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 27th, 2020, 8:25 pm A fellow I know, said LU would win by 20.
Was he sober? That's some serious :koolaid drinking.
ballcoach15 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
We are going to have to play better than we did today to win. UMass is just an awful team. I suspect we had a hard time getting up for them, plus we played pretty vanilla on offense.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
And don't forget the TEAL turf. :shock:
By Ill flame
flameshaw wrote: November 27th, 2020, 9:47 pm We are going to have to play better than we did today to win. UMass is just an awful team. I suspect we had a hard time getting up for them, plus we played pretty vanilla on offense.
45 points, over 600 yards, 8 yards/carry, willis nearly had a 70% completion rate. I get UMass has a dumpster fire of a defense but i can't look at this offensive performance as anything but a great game.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 27th, 2020, 10:08 pm One thing to consider:

This will be the biggest crowd we’ve played in front of all year. Only 5k, but 5 times bigger than anything else.
Fake news. Was at the State game. Looked like 4-6k there. Looking forward to being at this one as well! #lightemup
Since Freeze has gotten here it has been great to see things being done for the first time and this is going to be another one of them. First win vs an FBS top 20 team. Plus it will be against the beach chickens. Next Saturday can't come soon enough!
CCWMichael liked this
By rtb72
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 27th, 2020, 8:06 pm Kansas and Syracuse are equal.

VT and NC State are better than App St and Louisiana.

I’d say the rest of the Sun Belt is better than the rest of our schedule.

NC State was better than them. VT might have been as well.

These two teams are very equally matched. I hope we win by 30 but I think it’s going to be a really well played game that stresses us out for three hours.
Three hours???...I started stressing, and looking forward to it as well, after the last tick of today's game :D . One for the history books, especially if we are both ranked going in.
By Jonathan Carone
LU Grad 11 wrote: November 28th, 2020, 12:39 am

This will be the biggest crowd we’ve played in front of all year. Only 5k, but 5 times bigger than anything else.
Fake news. Was at the State game. Looked like 4-6k there. Looking forward to being at this one as well! #lightemup
NC State had 4032 people in a 57,600 seat stadium.

Next week will have 5000 in a 21,000 seat stadium.

While 5000 isn’t much, Marty Smith said it had a legit impact on the Coastal/App game.
sstaedtler liked this
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 28th, 2020, 9:03 am
LU Grad 11 wrote: November 28th, 2020, 12:39 am

NC State had 4032 people in a 57,600 seat stadium.

Next week will have 5000 in a 21,000 seat stadium.

While 5000 isn’t much, Marty Smith said it had a legit impact on the Coastal/App game.
I say that it had a legit impact on the State game, as well. Most fans were close to the sidelines. Regardless, not five times anything we've seen, and don't believe it will wow us. Interested to see how many Liberty fans show up. Were a fair amount at the State game. As for the game, ball security for Malik will be key. He has had a tendency to lob deep throws up for grabs, lately. Can't do that against good teams. Coastal's D'Jordan Strong has 5 picks on the year. Was fortunate to be able to go to the blocked field goal game six years ago. Was an epic win against #1 Coastal, with our backup QB! Looking forward to some more fried chicken! #lightemup
By Jonathan Carone
Yeah I was wrong on the 5x. I didn’t realize State was before Cooper’s most recent mandate. I’m good admitting that.

Still think the crowd could be a factor in a way we haven’t had to deal with this year.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I do not think the crowd will be factor in the game at all. Quite often, the players are so focused, they don't even hear the crowd noise. Been there done that, many times. Plus 4-5K fans is smaller than most of these guys played in front of in HS.
As a follow up to my earlier comment about us having to play better to win, I was talking more about the defense, than the offense. Yes we shut out UMass, but we were not as sharp as we were against NCSU. On offense, we missed some easy passes, made passes that were too high,etc. I believe we tried to run more by design and were able to run between the tackles for big gains, that we could not do against State. I also believe we were intentionally vanilla in our game plan.
jinxy liked this
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]