Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 4:45 pm Our new LDS friends may not be familiar enough to make a judgment, but I’m pretty sure dating ballcoach is a pretty sure way to get excommunicated.
No, but if she married him and started attending a Methodist church not only would she be excommunicated from LDS org, her family might do the same thing to her. Ask my buddy if you don't believe me :lol: :lol:
By BYUHgrad
TH Spangler wrote: December 4th, 2020, 7:36 am
stokesjokes wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 4:45 pm Our new LDS friends may not be familiar enough to make a judgment, but I’m pretty sure dating ballcoach is a pretty sure way to get excommunicated.
No, but if she married him and started attending a Methodist church not only would she be excommunicated from LDS org, her family might do the same thing to her. Ask my buddy if you don't believe me :lol: :lol:
Don't have to ask your buddy...I am LDS. This is completely wrong. I have many 'active' LDS friends that are married to someone that isn't LDS...all of them are not excommunicated.
(There's more to your buddy's story, I would guess...)
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
BYUHgrad wrote: December 4th, 2020, 9:14 am
Don't have to ask your buddy...I am LDS. This is completely wrong. I have many 'active' LDS friends that are married to someone that isn't LDS...all of them are not excommunicated.
Mike Smith, lives in Winston Salem. Married a Methodist gal. He converted and his family cancelled him for it. You'll have to ask him, he's not shy. :lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
TH tends to base opinions on "one buddy". Don't mind him.

I have my own disagreements with the LDS church but obviously there are variations out there.
BYUHgrad liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yeah but ballcoach is a whole other story. Excommunication would be appropriate :D :D
TH Spangler, BYUHgrad liked this
By Risewithus
ballcoach15 wrote: December 4th, 2020, 6:36 pm Earlier in week, I heard a game with BYU was good possibility .but now I don't think it is.
If we get a bowl game, it likely will be too close to the dec 19th date to squeeze in BYU. Kind of sounded like Ian was saying it is possible but depended on the bowl selection next week.
By jmclaughlin
Jonathan Carone wrote:I knew I was bummed that Liberty/Coastal got cancelled, but watching GameDay is like torture.
Seeing the BYU helmet in front of the set just got me all kind of bothered. Good for Coastal. Hate to be the scorned “other” but today would have been huge for the LU brand.
Risewithus, TH Spangler liked this
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I really think Ian has had discussions with BYU about the 19th but they’re waiting on Bowl Selection. If LU gets a post Christmas selection, I think they’ll play. If they get something earlier I don’t think it’s possible.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I think BYU is off the table for us this season. Even if we get an after Christmas bowl game the time table is too tight. There's no telling at this point when they would be able to resume football operations. My guess would be early-mid next week at the very earliest. I'm leaning toward thinking our season is done unfortunately.
Edit to add: I hope I'm wrong.
By BlueBlood
We are of course looking at BYU/LU from LU perspective. So, in addition to our issues (COVID, bowl?, timing)...

I would think that BYU will only play an extra game if they feel they will benefit from it. They need to play today’s game, see where they are ranked and determine if one more game is desirable/needed.

And...we have to assume that there may be other schools interested in playing BYU on Championship Saturday.

So, lots of variables.
By Rubicon
I think most regulars here know that I am a BYU graduate/fan. I would love for another religious private school not named Notre Dame to force the committees into difficult decisions (difficult, because they want desperately to exclude us on "woke" grounds, while trying to justify it ). If they had to reckon with an undefeated Liberty with wins over P5 programs . . . heh, heh. It warms my heart.

My guess is that if BYU beats Coastal badly (by no means a given) and beats SDSU, it will get invited to the Fiesta Bowl (but not the playoffs). Given our schedule, I'm okay with that. It is what it is, but what was once a hefty schedule became the best we could do under the circumstances.

To be honest, I think the cabal just doesn't like paying out to the outsiders. They like to keep the payouts among the P5 programs. Sometimes, they are forced to throw G5 a bone, but they don't want it to be a very big bone.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Rubicon, most Flame Fans are Cougars today. BEAT COASTAL. :fbplayer
Rubicon, LU 57 liked this
By Rubicon
Liberty22 wrote: December 5th, 2020, 5:43 pm How many guys would have had to miss if we played? Ohio St had 23 guys out today including their HC. I’m not saying I’d want to play like that but I am genuinely curious.
It's probably up to each school. Ohio St., and top tier schools, can afford to play most teams without 23 players (although they probably would cancel or reschedule if it was a high-ranking team, etc.). Most schools, though, have a sharp drop-off in talent between their first team and reserves.

I think Liberty wanted to be able to give their best effort against Coastal, and without Malik (and others), it was best not to play with a handicap.

Is he ill, or did he just test positive?
Liberty22 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]