Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Today's game will be the calm before the storm next week at Coastal. Time to get a win today to right the ship and return our players' confidence heading down to Conway next Saturday.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Since we remained so close to the top 25 after our loss last week, getting back into the top 25 this week isn't out of the realm of possibilities. Obviously we have to take care of UMass and win convincingly and have some help but I'd love for us to slide back into the top 25 to end our season with a top 25 clash against our old friends at Coastal.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 27th, 2020, 10:44 am Hopefully everyone in Top 25 will lose this week, INCLUDING Clemson and Alabama.
FIFY

Ballcoach, are you a fan of LU or more of a fan of Alabama/Clemson??? Our Lord said, "be for me or against me." The same allegiance applies to LU football.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Based on HF's pregame interview with York, it looks like several players are out with Covid issues.

Yarborough is in the concussion protocol. I'm not aware that any of those others were injured.
By rtb72
olldflame wrote: November 27th, 2020, 1:01 pm Based on HF's pregame interview with York, it looks like several players are out with Covid issues.

Yarborough is in the concussion protocol. I'm not aware that any of those others were injured.
Not good for today....could be a REAL PROBLEM next weekend against Coastal if they aren't back.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Could anyone explain that 4th down fake punt rule? I’ve never heard that. Definitely a new one to me.
sstaedtler liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Only thing I can figure on the fake out DPI scenario is a high lifting pass is a lot like a punt, and the players downfield may be confused if a lifted pass was in fact a punt or a pass.
By sstaedtler
A lot of positives. Malik looked good throwing the ball. Mack and Pickett did well running. Enjoyed seeing Henderson run the ball as well. Reese got playing time and got an interception. Run defense was very good. If there was one negative, Chris Ferguson was just brutal again. I don't know how Bennett hasn't passed him. If Willis ever gets hurt, we are cooked.
Liberty22, rtb72 liked this
It was very wise to pick up this "late addition" game with UMass to our schedule. This allowed us to work out any kinks and boost some confidence in our players (especially MW) prior to our season finale vs. #16 Coastal Carolina on the road.

I think I would rather have this "tune up" game vs. a week off going into what may be our biggest game of the year.
Geraldos Mustache wrote: November 27th, 2020, 7:37 pm I think I would rather have this "tune up" game vs. a week off going into what may be our biggest game in the history of LU football.
FIFY
If we beat Coastal, we likely finish the regular season ranked in top 25, maybe even top 20. :shock: Then we go bowling again.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]