Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, North Carolina

NCSU Football Official Site

Dave Doeren
7th Season as NCSU Head Coach

Carter-Finley Stadium
Opened in 1966 - Seats 57.583

2020 Schedule/Results

Sep 19 - Wake Forest* .......................... W 45-42
Sep 26 - @ #20 Virginia Tech* ............... L 24-45
Oct 03 - @ #24 Pittsburgh .................... W 30-29
Oct 10 - @ Virginia ................................ W 38-21
Oct 17 - Duke ........................................ W 31-20
Oct 24 - @ #14 North Carolina* ............ L 21-48
Nov 06 - #11 Miami* ............................. L 41-44
Nov 14 - Florida State* ......................... W 38-22
Nov 21 - #22 Liberty .............................. 7:30 PM
Nov 28 - @ Syracuse*
Dec 05 - Georgia Tech*

Key Players

#16 Bailey Hockman
6' 2" 200 lbs Junior Quarterback
In 6 Games: 84-of-132 (63.6%) for 1044 Yds with 8 TDs & 6 INTs + 31 Carries for 15 Yds and 3 Rushing TDs

#7 Zonovan Knight
5' 11" 206 lbs Sophomore Running Back
Thru 8 Games: 99 Carries for 558 Yds (5.5 YPC) with 5 Rushing TDs + 13 Catches for 111 Yds

#86 Emeka Emezie
6' 3" 220 lbs Senior Receiver
Thru 8 Games: 31 Catches for 515 Yds with 4 TD Receptions

#1 Isaiah Moore
6' 2" 242 lbs Junior Linebacker
Thru 8 Games: 61 Tackles including 7.5 for Loss + 2.5 Sacks + 1 Fumble Recovery

#11 Payton Wilson
6' 4" 240 lbs Sophomore Linebacker
In 7 Games: Team-Leading 75 Tackles including 6.5 for Loss wth 1.5 Sack + 2 INTs
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
On the post-game show today, they said the Democrat NC governor is only allowing 17% attendance in the college football stadiums (which is too much math for me).

Early in the third quarter, NC State is beating Florida State 21-3. :shock:
By tyndal23
Tough task for DC - good stable of RB’s and big athletic receivers with a good QB who can run when necessary.
defense - they have a weakness between the hashes on run and and pass, but LU will have to attack - the more you sit back and read the worse. Quick hitting plays or we will get sacked and turn it over. Edges or Passing Downs their D Line is pretty legit. Not so much on inside run game and secondary is sketchy. I foresee HF going some more Tempo this week vs slow like VT. First One to 50 wins...
By CCWMichael
Our toughest game match up wise all year IMHO, no matter what Coastal does. But I don't know much about football.
I want to be a homer here but I will wait for injury reports to make my prediction. We can win ......
badger74 liked this
By Geraldos Mustache
"We can win"

The truth is, our coaches and players KNOW we can win and EXPECT to win.
So does the fan base. The VT win set new expectations and confidence levels.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I had a good feeling against Tech. For some reason I’m more reserved here. I think it’s because I’m expecting at least one let down this year. I think we beat Coastal but I’m currently feeling reserved here.
CCWMichael liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
NC State is a better team than tech so it'll be extremely important to take care of the ball better than we did against tech. If we can do that and we play as well as we did at tech, then we have a shot. I'm expecting a very tight game throughout.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 15th, 2020, 10:26 am NC State is a better team than tech so it'll be extremely important to take care of the ball better than we did against tech. If we can do that and we play as well as we did at tech, then we have a shot. I'm expecting a very tight game throughout.
Not sure why you would categorically state that the Pack is a better team than VT when the Hokies beat them by 3 touchdowns. Yes, that was early. I wouldn't put much stock in State beating FSU yesterday. The Seminoles are struggling. I think it will be a tight game similar to VT.
Kricket, jinxy liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Ok, they are arguably better. NC State has gotten better and Tech has been hit with injuries. Khalil Herbert only played shortly before sustaining a hamstring injury which was a big blow for them. Don't get me wrong, LU outplayed Tech, but injuries plaguing Tech certianly helped.
ATrain liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 15th, 2020, 11:30 am Ok, they are arguably better. NC State has gotten better and Tech has been hit with injuries. Khalil Herbert only played shortly before sustaining a hamstring injury which was a big blow for them. Don't get me wrong, LU outplayed Tech, but injuries plaguing Tech certianly helped.
Do you argue with yourself? :)
LUOrange liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I mean I still think the NC State team we will be playing next week is clearly a better team than the team we played in Blacksburg last week.

@olldflame questioned my very matter of fact assessment that NC State is better than Tech so I added the arguably portion since I guess it isnt universally believed that NC State is better than Tech at this time like I thought it was.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I believe, without question, that NCSU is a better team than VT. The "anything can happen any day" saying comes into play as well.
I think that regardless of the above, we are going to have to play our best game yet to beat the Pack.
If anyone has access to any tickets, kindly let me know. GO FLAMES.
By LUDad
Both teams recently lost close games against Miami. Should be good competitive game. State seems to have more speed than VT. At least we know that the coaching staff will have a great game. Don't think we want to get into a shoot-out with them.
By LUDad
flameshaw wrote: November 15th, 2020, 1:49 pm I believe, without question, that NCSU is a better team than VT. The "anything can happen any day" saying comes into play as well.
I think that regardless of the above, we are going to have to play our best game yet to beat the Pack.
Got two tickets but using both of them. I think Vivid has a few tickets available.
flameshaw liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: November 15th, 2020, 10:23 am I had a good feeling against Tech. For some reason I’m more reserved here. I think it’s because I’m expecting at least one let down this year. I think we beat Coastal but I’m currently feeling reserved here.
That was the old Liberty. We ahve turned the corner on a new era of Flames football.
(At least that's what I keep telling myself)
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: November 15th, 2020, 2:57 pm
Liberty22 wrote: November 15th, 2020, 10:23 am I had a good feeling against Tech. For some reason I’m more reserved here. I think it’s because I’m expecting at least one let down this year. I think we beat Coastal but I’m currently feeling reserved here.
That was the old Liberty. We ahve turned the corner on a new era of Flames football.
(At least that's what I keep telling myself)
I wasn’t saying a letdown meaning “typical Liberty”. I don’t believe that’s us anymore. I meant letdown because it’s really hard to go undefeated for an entire season no matter who you are.
flamehunter liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: November 15th, 2020, 2:16 pm
flameshaw wrote: November 15th, 2020, 1:49 pm I believe, without question, that NCSU is a better team than VT. The "anything can happen any day" saying comes into play as well.
Got two tickets but using both of them. I think Vivid has a few tickets available.
Glad you are able to go. Still have a couple of chances of getting tickets. Happy for you.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: November 15th, 2020, 2:12 pm Both teams recently lost close games against Miami. Should be good competitive game. State seems to have more speed than VT. At least we know that the coaching staff will have a great game. Don't think we want to get into a shoot-out with them.
That is a good thing to have on our side. We will almost zero chances of getting out-coached with our current staff, regardless of who we play.
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]