Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 16th, 2020, 10:01 am I have no inside info on this but seeing these suggests an 'Ahoy, Mateys' might be in our future. That bowl is scheduled to have an SEC/ACC team vs. Pool. Since we know which side of that equation we would occupy, I would assume that the bowl is awaiting word from those two leagues on whom will be available.
With us being one of the top ACC teams, who do you think the pool is? 8)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Last week before Christmas. I'm trying to finish everything work related this week and I'd imagine a lot of people are in the same boat.

Thanks for always caring about how active the board is @ballcoach15 :lol:
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Risewithus wrote: December 17th, 2020, 2:26 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 17th, 2020, 2:13 pm Message board sure is "dead" today.
Lol. Back practicing today so we must be close to a bowl.
According to sources, it will be Sunday before we know anything officially.

Meanwhile I guess we could load equipment truck and stage it in Atlanta,
chris leedlelee liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: December 16th, 2020, 9:31 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 16th, 2020, 9:20 am I just received a text message that told me to start planning to be in Tampa, FL on December 26.
Hope its right! Because I'm already here :-D
Can you recommend a good hotel within 5-10 miles of stadium.
By chris leedlelee
If we are practicing today (as we are) I assume that it is expected that we will be getting a bowl bid. It is just a matter of the pieces falling into place.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 17th, 2020, 3:37 pm
BlueBlood wrote: December 16th, 2020, 9:31 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 16th, 2020, 9:20 am I just received a text message that told me to start planning to be in Tampa, FL on December 26.
Hope its right! Because I'm already here :-D

Google Sailport Inn & Suites. Its about 5 miles from the stadium on the bay and the rates are decent. We stayed there awhile back and it was close to everything. If your willing to make the drive, you can always head south down here and stay in Anna Maria Island.
By BlueBlood
I'd stay downtown on the water at either the Westin or the Marriott (regular and JW are across the street from each other).

Folks also seem to like the Epicurean Hotel - I've been to the restaurant there, but never got a room.

If you want a beachy feel without trekking all the way to the beach, the hotels on Rocky Point aren't too far from the stadium (they are on the bay, not the gulf).
By BlueBlood
Risewithus wrote: December 17th, 2020, 4:44 pm Wow sailport is still around???? Use to stay there with my parents 30 years ago.
Yes it is! I was just at the Rusty Pelican the other day right across from Sailport. It has aged well.
Risewithus liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: December 17th, 2020, 4:43 pm
I'd stay downtown on the water at either the Westin or the Marriott (regular and JW are across the street from each other).
Folks also seem to like the Epicurean Hotel - I've been to the restaurant there, but never got a room.
If you want a beachy feel without trekking all the way to the beach, the hotels on Rocky Point aren't too far from the stadium (they are on the bay, not the gulf).
Did Ballcoach forget to tell you that the likes the CHEAP hotels? He's more of a Red Roof, Motel 6, or Best Western kind of guy. And he likes a hotel with bike trails nearby.
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]