Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By prototype
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote: December 7th, 2020, 9:46 am What SEC could we get? Missouri or Ole Miss. I doubt we can get Auburn or somebody else.
It would be cool to play a SEC team - but that would garner very little national attention. I think CCU/LU would - just because both would be ranked and we at 19-1 combined.
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
UPDATED LOOK AT LIBERTY BOWL PROJECTIONS FOLLOWING REGULAR SEASON
By: Jon Manson

Liberty moved up from No. 25 in both the Coaches and Associated Press Top 25 polls to No. 21 and 22, respectively. The Flames now wait for a potential bowl invitation and here’s a look at what bowl game Liberty is being projected into by various publications.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Any bowl is good bowl, and some better than others. With that being said, I hope we don't play UVA, Fresno State or Nevada.
By chris leedlelee
ballcoach15 wrote: December 7th, 2020, 2:09 pm I don't want to be in same stadium as the Boo hoos. or around their fans, who are among the worst in the country.
I will say I really appreciate your nicknames for our rivals.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: December 7th, 2020, 2:12 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 7th, 2020, 2:09 pm I don't want to be in same stadium as the Boo hoos. or around their fans, who are among the worst in the country.
Ballcoach calling anyone a crybaby related nickname is pretty epic hypocrisy. I mean, we're talking Gavin Newsome level.
Purple Haize liked this
By Dalegarz1
Rivalry games gather national attention because they generate a lot of emotions. I say a LU/CCU bowl game can be a preview of what an annual matchup could bring. If it would bring a fraction of the excitement that historically has been associated with the likes of Alabama/Auburn, UCLA/USC, Michigan/Ohio State, the old Penn State/Pitt rivalry, Texas/Oklahoma and several others, then that's the game we should want this year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am being extremely nice, when i just refer to them as Boo hoos.
By chris leedlelee
Risewithus wrote: December 7th, 2020, 4:13 pm Who in the ACC???? After Clemson and Notre Dame, ......its basically next best team, . .....aka miami and us. :D
As someone who has gone to both Liberty and UCF, I'd love to see UCF beat the brakes off of Miami. Miami is always overrated and begins every year with far too much hype simply because they are "The U". When UCF and LU play however, I'll for sure be rooting for the Flames.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Which now makes me really want a UVA v LU bowl game. Just not on the 23rd
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: December 7th, 2020, 2:43 pm
Ballcoach calling anyone a crybaby related nickname is pretty epic hypocrisy. I mean, we're talking Gavin Newsome level.
Well fraudcoach is a Liberal...so...
By sstaedtler
Purple Haize wrote: December 7th, 2020, 10:20 pm
Which now makes me really want a UVA v LU bowl game. Just not on the 23rd
I want a UVA vs. Liberty bowl game only because I thought Mendenhall ran up the score on us a lot last year and seemed pretty arrogant in post game. Freeze did not seem like like how the end of the game was handled and even opted to kick a FG with a few seconds left. I want revenge.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sources say that if a UVa-LU bowl would happen, Ballcoach would skip it, because his hatred for UVa is stronger than his love for LU.

In the past, he skipped both LU football games played in Charlottesville (the only exception to this rule is when UVa plays LU in softball, because he will attend those games in Charlottesville).
chris leedlelee liked this
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
McMurphy is predicting VT vs. UCF in Boca. We aren't in one according to his latest projections. Start preparing yourselves now.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote: December 8th, 2020, 11:07 amStart preparing yourselves now.
I would love for LU to go bowling 2 years in a row, but finishing 9-1 and staying in the top 25 aren't the worst things in the world.
chris leedlelee liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]