Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Geraldos Mustache wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 11:49 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 8:50 am Personally I would have liked Gasparalli Bowl vs South Carolina . It's hard for me to get excited about any Sun Belt team.
But playing on ESPN in primetime will be good PR for Liberty.
Ballboach15 - this is one of the more foolish posts I've seen from anyone on this board.

Who cares if CCU is a Sun Belt team or not. This is an 11-0 team who straight up beat #13 ranked BYU. That's a quality win! This CCU team deserves a lot of credit and respect. Beating a 2-win SEC team (with NO quality wins) does little for Liberty's credentials.
You have to consider the source. In his world it’s about par for the course
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 8:50 am Personally I would have liked Gasparalli Bowl vs South Carolina . It's hard for me to get excited about any Sun Belt team.
Ballboach15 - this is one of the more foolish posts I've seen from anyone on this board.

Who cares if CCU is a Sun Belt team or not. This is an 11-0 team who straight up beat #13 ranked BYU. That's a quality win! This CCU team deserves a lot of credit and respect. Beating a 2-win SEC team (with NO quality wins) does little for Liberty's credentials.
I understand the rationale, but South Carolina is still SEC.
LUOrange liked this
By Dalegarz1
The fact is that the true football fan (not necessarily affiliated with LU or CCU) is very intrigued by this bowl matchup. If it was South Carolina, the consensus would be that they would rather watch paint dry.
Geraldos Mustache liked this
By Geraldos Mustache
ballcoach15 wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 12:19 pm

Who do you believe has a stronger football team - Coastal Carolina or South Carolina?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Typical ballcoach self-contradiction. 10 minutes ago he was complaining that losing teams should not even be in bowl games, but now he prefers playing a 2-8 SC over 11-0 CCU. :roll:
By BlueBlood
I could argue either side of this.

For this year, Coastal is better and this is a better game. But, years from now people will forget how good Coastal was in 2020.

Years from now (and even now to a certain degree), a win over SC sounds much more impressive. Most folks won’t remember just how down on their luck SC was.
ballcoach15, LUOrange liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 12:51 pm I could argue either side of this.

For this year, Coastal is better and this is a better game. But, years from now people will forget how good Coastal was in 2020.

Years from now (and even now to a certain degree), a win over SC sounds much more impressive. Most folks won’t remember just how down on their luck SC was.
I'm going to disagree on that one. Whether they win or lose Saturday in Tampa, I don't think people will forget the ridiculousness of a 2 win team going to a bowl.
By BlueBlood
olldflame wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 12:58 pm
BlueBlood wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 12:51 pm I could argue either side of this.

I'm going to disagree on that one. Whether they win or lose Saturday in Tampa, I don't think people will forget the ridiculousness of a 2 win team going to a bowl.
It’s a testament to the team and HF/Ian that folks are poo pooing how great a win over an SEC team - any SEC team would be for LU.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 4:13 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 4:05 pm South Carolina has backed out of bowl game, due to COVID. No decision on status of bowl yet .
Army please. :pray
I believe Army is playing WV in Liberty Bowl, as a replacement for Tennessee.
By BlueBlood
Kind of wondering if we see another time switch.

Gasparilla was noon on ABC. Now the only games on Sat are two at 3:30 ABC/ESPN and us at 7:30.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Geraldos Mustache wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 12:31 pm

Who do you believe has a stronger football team - Coastal Carolina or South Carolina?
SC
By Geraldos Mustache
flameshaw wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 7:46 pm

SC
You lie.
You honestly believe SC would beat CCU?
By cruzan_flame13
Geraldos Mustache wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 7:48 pm
flameshaw wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 7:46 pm

SC
You lie.
You honestly believe SC would beat CCU?
Yes. You think Coastal would have the same record if they had SC's schedule? Come on man! *Biden's voice*
LUOrange liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I don't know who would win if SC faced CCU, but Coastal is certainly more deserving of a bowl bid. Also, the way BYU is handing it to FCU in the Boca Raton Bowl right now makes Coastal's win over them all the more impressive.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Broadcast crew for BYU/UCF just talked up the cure bowl as the one they both most want to see.

Dave Neal
DJ Shockley

“2 really good clubs”
thepostman liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 9:29 pm Broadcast crew for BYU/UCF just talked up the cure bowl as the one they both most want to see.

Dave Neal
DJ Shockley

“2 really good clubs”
They really played up the match-up, without saying a word about the former BSC rivalry. My guess is they didn't even know.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 7:42 pm Kind of wondering if we see another time switch.

Gasparilla was noon on ABC. Now the only games on Sat are two at 3:30 ABC/ESPN and us at 7:30.
Hope not. 7:30 is a much better time slot than noon eastern. Games at that time are typically reserved for worthless ACC teams like Duke, UVA, etc.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 10:59 pm
BlueBlood wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 7:42 pm Kind of wondering if we see another time switch.

Hope not. 7:30 is a much better time slot than noon eastern. Games at that time are typically reserved for worthless ACC teams like Duke, UVA, etc.
Virginia Tech ... what bowl are they in again? Trash.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]