Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: December 20th, 2020, 3:52 pm Ohio state in the top 4 is a joke, they didn't even deserve to be in the Big10 championship game
OSU is a conundrum this year. Every expert believes they are a Top 4 team. They certainly pass the Eye Test. But yeah, their lack of game play sits wrong.
ND is in because they beat Clemsons 3rd string a few weeks ago but I don’t think they are better than Texas A and M. They do bring more eyeballs though
By BlueBlood
Cure is good by me. Went last year and loved it! They are back in the bigger stadium this year (which is great considering COVID)

Edit: also, it’s on ESPN this year instead of CBS Sports Network
Last edited by BlueBlood on December 20th, 2020, 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By jweaks
Great matchup. Good deal for both schools.

(Yeah, both teams deserve a better Bowl, but it's a crazy year and it really is a great matchup.)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: December 20th, 2020, 5:03 pm Mack Brown promoted a g5 national championship playoff.
Who would be in it this year? Cincy and ???
By Ill flame
Purple Haize wrote: December 20th, 2020, 5:05 pm
LUDad wrote: December 20th, 2020, 5:03 pm Mack Brown promoted a g5 national championship playoff.
All the conference champions.
Cincy, San Jose st, coastal Carolina, UAB and ball st. Throw in Louisiana as an at large team and you would have a fun 6 team tournament.
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote: December 20th, 2020, 5:05 pm
A four team playoff with Cincy, Coastal, San Jose State, and BYU would be really fun.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Personally I would have liked Gasparalli Bowl vs South Carolina . It's hard for me to get excited about any Sun Belt team.
But playing on ESPN in primetime will be good PR for Liberty.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm way more excited about playing a top 15 Coastal team on national TV than I would be South Carolina. That may not be the case had the game not been cancelled a couple weeks ago but it was.

If we pull off a win, it'll guarantee finishing the season in the top 25 and it'll be great exposure for our program.
By Geraldos Mustache
ballcoach15 wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 8:50 am Personally I would have liked Gasparalli Bowl vs South Carolina . It's hard for me to get excited about any Sun Belt team.
But playing on ESPN in primetime will be good PR for Liberty.
Ballboach15 - this is one of the more foolish posts I've seen from anyone on this board.

Who cares if CCU is a Sun Belt team or not. This is an 11-0 team who straight up beat #13 ranked BYU. That's a quality win! This CCU team deserves a lot of credit and respect. Beating a 2-win SEC team (with NO quality wins) does little for Liberty's credentials.
Dalegarz1 liked this
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]