Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 10th, 2021, 12:27 am Stupid move by Kansas. Unless Les wanted out. 7-8 year old allegations? Really? Good luck finding a coach.
If he actually wanted out, there are certainly easier/cleaner ways to go about it. As far as UK is concerned, his record would be plenty reason to fire him, but I suppose they are looking for a way they don't have to pay what they owe on his contract while scoring points with the wokesters in the admin, faculty and student body. I highly doubt the money part will work, but I'm sure they will get their woke points.
By Longshots
thepostman wrote:A. Why are we sticking up for Les Miles?
B. This has zero impact on us or Hugh Freeze
Makes ZERO sense. Kansas is already at a disadvantage because of the dumpster fire the program is. Why would they want any black cloud over their program? I wouldn't want my kid playing for a head coach who might hit on my son's girlfriend.
thepostman liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Longshots wrote: March 10th, 2021, 8:11 pm
Makes ZERO sense. Kansas is already at a disadvantage because of the dumpster fire the program is. Why would they want any black cloud over their program? I wouldn't want my kid playing for a head coach who might hit on my son's girlfriend.
Is she hot? Cause if she is I’d keep her away from ballcoach
LUOrange liked this
By Longshots
Purple Haize wrote:
Purely hypothetical but I hope my future son pulls trim good enough for a head coach.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Longshots wrote: March 13th, 2021, 8:05 pm
Purple Haize wrote:

Purely hypothetical but I hope my future son pulls trim good enough for a head coach.
I like you. You can stay :D :D

Post more!
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote:

Welcome back to the board JF JR...
adam42381 liked this
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote:

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The folks in Lubbock had no trouble hiring Mike Leach and Bobby Knight. I am sure he is somebody they would be considering. West Texas is a bit out of Coach Freeze's Deep South sweet spot for recruiting. But it is not crazy talk. If he were to pull an upset in Oxford today, LSU might be calling his agent to put out feelers.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It is what it is. We knew this would be a yearly thing when we hired him. He isn't going to be here forever so I'm just trying to enjoy it while it lasts. With that said, I hope he stays.
flameshaw liked this
By LUDad
LU 57 wrote: November 6th, 2021, 8:34 am It’s that time of year for speculation about HCHF’s future:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/colle ... er-report/

I kind of doubt he would jump on this one, but who knows? Smart to listen to them all I guess. Just wish this was not coming out just prior to arguably our biggest game of the year.
Same website gave same report about Mike Leach.
By Dalegarz1
Let me start by saying that I am glad that HF is our coach and hopefully for a long time! His reputation as an offensive genius stems from his days at Ole Miss when schematically he was ahead of the curve. His approach of putting defenders in awkward positions and the entire RPO plan enabled his teams to have great success, even beating Bama two years in a row. Defenses were largely unprepared for this approach. This is not the case anymore. Consequently, whereas the scheme remains solid, a higher premium is placed on play calling. IMHO, this is not an area where HF has excelled. Having said this, let me repeat - I'm glad he is our coach!
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
If Freeze leaves, Liberty will just hire Jon Gruden... I say that somewhat jokingly... But it wouldn't be the craziest thing that's ever happened.
Edit*** I guess he may be Catholic, not really sure.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Did anyone else find it interesting that Coach Freeze was not at the C-USA press conference on Friday? :dontgetit He was probably out recruiting.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: November 13th, 2021, 12:33 am If Freeze leaves, Liberty will just hire Jon Gruden... I say that somewhat jokingly... But it wouldn't be the craziest thing that's ever happened.
Edit*** I guess he may be Catholic, not really sure.
Being Catholic would not necessarily be an issue.
Being John Gruden would.
flamehunter liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]