Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ill flame
It wouldn't suprise me if he took the job. He's been pretty open about the fact that he won't leave unless a "special" job comes along. I've always interpreted that as any school where he could realistically win a natty. Not many of those schools exist but auburn would be one of them despite the internal issues they have.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
What am I missing? The coaching carousel has pretty much made it’s rotation already. Why is this rumored to be taking place now? The could have made an overture prior to his contract extension. Or wait till next year So why now?
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2022, 8:40 pm What am I missing? The coaching carousel has pretty much made it’s rotation already. Why is this rumored to be taking place now? The could have made an overture prior to his contract extension. Or wait till next year So why now?
Have you had a power outage the last 3 days? Check out Auburn football right now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: February 7th, 2022, 8:44 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2022, 8:40 pm What am I missing? The coaching carousel has pretty much made it’s rotation already. Why is this rumored to be taking place now? The could have made an overture prior to his contract extension. Or wait till next year So why now?
Have you had a power outage the last 3 days? Check out Auburn football right now.
Nope. I’ve watched several good basketball games, caught up on Archer, watched the most recent installments of Ozark and started watching the Amazing Race
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
If he does leave, we're in a good position to attract interest from big time coordinators at p5 schools maybe even getting another G5 HC.

but according to Auburn internet "insiders" their boosters want HCHF and are willing to pay $$$.
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2022, 9:11 pm
tyndal23 wrote: February 7th, 2022, 8:44 pm
Nope. I’ve watched several good basketball games, caught up on Archer, watched the most recent installments of Ozark and started watching the Amazing Race
Good choice. Archer is cleaner and more realistic than the Auburn drama.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
1. Since the Iron Bowl, 20 players have left via the transfer portal.
2. A number of former players are trashing Bryan Harsin.
3. 5 assistants have left. These were people Harsin brought in.
4. AU recruiting class was 8/14 in the SEC.
5. They lost to BAMA.

There are many rumors going around about Harsin having an affair with a staff member, but none of these have been substantiated. Thankfully the big sports websites have not printed them, but the talkshows have been covering it.
By tyndal23
alabama24 wrote: February 8th, 2022, 12:32 am
5. They lost to BAMA.

There are many rumors going around about Harsin having an affair with a staff member, but none of these have been substantiated. Thankfully the big sports websites have not printed them, but the talkshows have been covering it.
A powerful booster faction never wanted him and have been waiting to pounce since day 1. This has been brewing at a fever pitch since loss to Houston in the bowl. AD may also be in trouble, fans are mad at boosters who use media and rumors to help their cause. More people mad at boosters causing problems than Coach, but things have gotten so rotten last week in public - most are saying he can’t survive. Really nasty. Rumor HF was seen at Auburn airport last Thursday, board meeting was today and caller said HF will be announced Thursday ( Harsin is out of country until Wednesday and refused to come back from vacation early when summoned by AD ). There are detailed articles by espn and Athletic on all the trouble. HF is all conjecture and not part of the articles - just the Finebaum caller and a few others on Twitter and boards. So much smoke for weeks that I wouldn’t be shocked if they actually were dealing with HF and or Steele’s agent for a successor while buying time as they dig for proof of being able to “fire with cause”. Go spend a few minutes on Auburn tiger message board if you are bored....
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
5. They lost to BAMA.

Thank you for the summary. I went to espn page but nothing came up which is why I was curious
Losing that many assistants in a year is tough. Unless they all took head coaching gigs or stepped up position wise. I’m sure Gus M is glad to be out of there
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: February 8th, 2022, 1:15 am
5. They lost to BAMA.

Thank you for the summary. I went to espn page but nothing came up which is why I was curious
Losing that many assistants in a year is tough. Unless they all took head coaching gigs or stepped up position wise. I’m sure Gus M is glad to be out of there

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/bo ... 67/?page=1

espn.com bryan harsins ( search ) - multiple articles

https://theathletic.com/3114929/2022/02 ... s-him-out/

auburn tiger harsin article ( google search multiple )
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
There was just so much attention, really too much attention, last week aimed in Malik's direction. On the surface, we can see how an Auburn fan might view HF as some kind of answer. After all, he landed their top talent, and now everyone's talking Malik. But that would be a significant stretch to what actually happened. Malik walked away from Auburn knowing he needed to up his game, particularly on the preparation side. HF is very good at what he does. But so is Kent Austin, our resident QB guru. Bottom line is it all worked out. Maybe it was meant to be. Malik is likely grateful to all. There are many who never get the opportunity.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I get the feeling that based on what has officially trickled out of Auburn the past few days that the administration with their freshly promoted president is simply looking for enough dirt to fire him for just cause and avoid an $18M buyout. He was a horrible hire from the get go and everyone but the soon-to-be-departed AD knew it.

While Auburn may be a mess, it remains in that blueblood category. Both of the prior to coaches managed to get the Tigers to the National Championship game. So they will have options when Harsin is canned. Remember the trustees allegedly tried to force the AD to promote Kevin Steele a year ago when they hired Harsin. He's still a very well paid option thanks to Knoxville.

Coach Freeze very wel may be a serious option for Auburn. Then again he may not even be on their radar due to the baggage residue. We shall see.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Making the address change to Auburn-Opelika from Tuscaloosa several years ago I am continually surprised by the dysfunction that is Auburn and it's boosters. Hugh is friends with Gus so he has no doubt heard plenty. If he wants to enter this cesspool now then he is not the man to lead our team. Auburn has a new President who was hired from within after a national search was unsuccessful. He has not started yet. The AD is in the last year of his contract and most likely gone next year. The next coach will likely have all new bosses in 2023 who did not hire him and still a bunch of Bubba boosters wanting to call plays. They have fired the last four coaches who either played for a national championship or had an undefeated season. They self destruct themselves here. They eat their own. Pick a metaphor. It won't change anytime soon.
jinxy liked this
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Also, while witnessing the talk shows and social media viciously attact this man's family and the young woman on his staff with such obvious glee and no regard for the people involved, I would be disappointed if HF wanted to subject his family to that fishbowl. With what happened at OM they will never let that go and it will be discussed and joked about every day on the airwaves of this state.
By Ill flame
Sly Fox wrote: February 8th, 2022, 9:59 am I get the feeling that based on what has officially trickled out of Auburn the past few days that the administration with their freshly promoted president is simply looking for enough dirt to fire him for just cause and avoid an $18M buyout. He was a horrible hire from the get go and everyone but the soon-to-be-departed AD knew it.

While Auburn may be a mess, it remains in that blueblood category. Both of the prior to coaches managed to get the Tigers to the National Championship game. So they will have options when Harsin is canned. Remember the trustees allegedly tried to force the AD to promote Kevin Steele a year ago when they hired Harsin. He's still a very well paid option thanks to Knoxville.

Coach Freeze very wel may be a serious option for Auburn. Then again he may not even be on their radar due to the baggage residue. We shall see.
Considering auburn hired one of the biggest scumbags in college basketball (Bruce Pearl) I don't think baggage will be an issue.
By LUOrange
Freeze would absolutely turn Auburn into an SEC/National Title contender, and it'd be a job that he'd take IF he were in the market. But I don't think he is. I believe him when he says he's happy because of how he's been treated and more importantly, because his family is happy here. Obviously, I could be wrong and Freeze like any other public figure could just be saying the right things. But I think he's not going anywhere, and his Convo sermon posted above proves that. I listened to it on the way to UVA and it was excellent. Where else can he preach to 8-10K folks almost whenever he likes?
ballcoach15 liked this
By BuryYourDuke
Registration Days Posts
I mean, no one would ever stand up in front of Convo and say Liberty is the place for them, and then leave…right?
PAmedic liked this
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Repping the old guys

And I still remember senior giving Ken Karcher the “full vote of confidence“
Last edited by PAmedic on February 8th, 2022, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sly Fox liked this
By LUOrange
BuryYourDuke wrote: February 8th, 2022, 4:21 pm I mean, no one would ever stand up in front of Convo and say Liberty is the place for them, and then leave…right?
He didn't say that in his sermon and that wasn't my point. But again, he could just be saying the things public figures need to say and I could be proven wrong. According to my wife, I'm wrong a lot anyways. But if he does leave maybe he'll take that horrible new love for baby powder blue with him.
tyndal23 liked this
By LUOrange
PAmedic wrote: February 8th, 2022, 4:54 pm Repping the old guys

And I still remember senior giving Ken Karcher the “full vote of confidence“
Maybe you old Farts can help liven things up on these boards again. It's gotten rather stale.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]