Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
So the Auburn beat writer who just published a column stating Bruce Pearl is the best ambassador for the school (!?!) states he believes Hugh Freeze will automatically accept an offer from the TIgers. Forgive me if I consider the source a bit tainted.
jmclaughlin, LUalum12, LUOrange and 2 others liked this
By jmclaughlin
I will double down on, there is no source for any of this. This is all speculative and trumping up fantasy's by people who make a living off of hypothetical analysis. Click bait.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: February 8th, 2022, 4:55 pm But if he does leave maybe he'll take that horrible new love for baby powder blue with him.
No, that’s here to stay for awhile. Many other teams using it now as well. It may be his lasting legacy on the mountain!
By LUOrange
JK37 wrote: February 9th, 2022, 7:45 am
LUOrange wrote: February 8th, 2022, 4:55 pm But if he does leave maybe he'll take that horrible new love for baby powder blue with him.
No, that’s here to stay for awhile. Many other teams using it now as well. It may be his lasting legacy on the mountain!
We are losing our way...

I'll say this. I really llike Freeze and hope he retires here. BUT his sense of style and scheduling philosophy are really vexing. :D
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Honestly, it wouldn't say much for either party if this somehow happens. Whether they terminate their coach or not, their behavior appears strikingly misguided and impetuous.

If Hugh is ever serious about moving on, he can do much better. But he's gonna have to keep building quality here and sustain it, first. That would appear to be the best ticket.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
The players from just about every sport wanted baby blues. So it's not a HCHF issue.

If he does leaves, I'd think the safe bet would be is to promote Austin to HC. Same offense, one of the best QB coaches and will probably keep our roster intact.
JK37 liked this
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I hope Freeze stays a long time!!
As far as the colors...the original fight song lyrics for fan the flames have the line:
FAN THE FLAMES, AND BE TRUE,
TO THE RED, WHITE, AND ROYAL BLUE...
LET THE THE FIRE IN YOUR NAME SET THE
SPIRIT AFLAME, WIN A VICTORY FOR OL' LU.

LU is referred to as Ol' LU...and the color is royal not navy.

The blue seatbacks above the red use to be basically baby blue in color...when Rocco came and we went with the darker navy blue patriots look...but under Rutigliano we had uniforms that were much close to baby blue than navy.

They change the words to the fight song from royal to navy.

I say we EMBRASE THE BABY BLUE...it fits the fight song perfectly...

FAN THE FLAMES AND BE TRUE TO THE RED, WHITE, AND BABY BLUE. LET THE FIRE IN YOUR NAME SET THE SPIRIT AFLAME WITH A VICTOR FOR OL' LU.

BABY BLUE AND OL' LU SIGNS. EMBRACE IT!!!
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Liberty. I meant embrace. But I don't get the joke. I like the baby blue uniforms. And it fits with the fight song. Ol' LU. And it's closer to our old colors.
By tyndal23
jimflamesfan wrote: February 9th, 2022, 3:27 pm Liberty. I meant embrace. But I don't get the joke. I like the baby blue uniforms. And it fits with the fight song. Ol' LU. And it's closer to our old colors.
We were navy ( like Penn St deep navy ) then Sam brought in Royal year 2. Much prefer Navy. I hate Navy and Baby combined - UNC looks terrible when they do it. Baby Blue goes well with red or white but even a little Navy as an outline looks terrible. I guess if you want to redesign logo and yank out all navy blue seats, then go for sissy blue and stick with it. Trying to combine them both is garbage.
LUOrange liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
No offense to anyone or any team in America, but I think navy blue is the ugliest uniform color there is. I wish Liberty would switch from navy to royal blue. Best color combo is red/gray
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote: February 8th, 2022, 10:21 am Making the address change to Auburn-Opelika from Tuscaloosa several years ago I am continually surprised by the dysfunction that is Auburn and it's boosters. Hugh is friends with Gus so he has no doubt heard plenty. If he wants to enter this cesspool now then he is not the man to lead our team. Auburn has a new President who was hired from within after a national search was unsuccessful. He has not started yet. The AD is in the last year of his contract and most likely gone next year. The next coach will likely have all new bosses in 2023 who did not hire him and still a bunch of Bubba boosters wanting to call plays. They have fired the last four coaches who either played for a national championship or had an undefeated season. They self destruct themselves here. They eat their own. Pick a metaphor. It won't change anytime soon.
Just to add a point to this: Auburn created a policy literally YESTERDAY to try to drum up cause to not pay Harsin. Who wants to coach for these guys? Seems like career suicide...But I guess you could have a 2nd career as a US Senator down the road...
Purple Haize liked this
By LUOrange
tyndal23 wrote: February 9th, 2022, 3:52 pm
jimflamesfan wrote: February 9th, 2022, 3:27 pm Liberty. I meant embrace. But I don't get the joke. I like the baby blue uniforms. And it fits with the fight song. Ol' LU. And it's closer to our old colors.
We were navy ( like Penn St deep navy ) then Sam brought in Royal year 2. Much prefer Navy. I hate Navy and Baby combined - UNC looks terrible when they do it. Baby Blue goes well with red or white but even a little Navy as an outline looks terrible. I guess if you want to redesign logo and yank out all navy blue seats, then go for sissy blue and stick with it. Trying to combine them both is garbage.
I agree with you and Ed Orgeron on this- baby powder blue is sissy blue. Oh and royal blue is not baby powder blue. The royal blue Coach Sam used inthe 90's was much better than the baby powder blue were using now, As far as football goes, the navy blues is the best looking uniforms, even Ole Miss looks better when the use the navy blue.
Purple Haize liked this
By LUOrange
ALAFlamesFan wrote: February 9th, 2022, 7:45 pm
ALAFlamesFan wrote: February 8th, 2022, 10:21 am Making the address change to Auburn-Opelika from Tuscaloosa several years ago I am continually surprised by the dysfunction that is Auburn and it's boosters. Hugh is friends with Gus so he has no doubt heard plenty. If he wants to enter this cesspool now then he is not the man to lead our team. Auburn has a new President who was hired from within after a national search was unsuccessful. He has not started yet. The AD is in the last year of his contract and most likely gone next year. The next coach will likely have all new bosses in 2023 who did not hire him and still a bunch of Bubba boosters wanting to call plays. They have fired the last four coaches who either played for a national championship or had an undefeated season. They self destruct themselves here. They eat their own. Pick a metaphor. It won't change anytime soon.
Just to add a point to this: Auburn created a policy literally YESTERDAY to try to drum up cause to not pay Harsin. Who wants to coach for these guys? Seems like career suicide...But I guess you could have a 2nd career as a US Senator down the road...
Again, I don't think he's leaving us. Freeze didn't want to wade in the mess that is/was LSU, I don't think he's ready to wade into the mess that is Auburn right now. Besides, the job isn't even opem yet, and it's still hard for me to see them buying out Hraspin, LU, and still pay Freeze. Anything's possible though.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
jimflamesfan wrote: February 9th, 2022, 3:27 pm Liberty. I meant embrace. But I don't get the joke.
Its not a joke.

What does "Liberty" mean? What are our colors? Why do we have the colors that we do? If you can't figure out why "Baby Blue" doesn't fit, I can't help you.
LUOrange liked this
By tyndal23
alabama24 wrote: February 9th, 2022, 9:16 pm
jimflamesfan wrote: February 9th, 2022, 3:27 pm Liberty. I meant embrace. But I don't get the joke.
Its not a joke.

What does "Liberty" mean? What are our colors? Why do we have the colors that we do? If you can't figure out why "Baby Blue" doesn't fit, I can't help you.
Don’t be so hard on him, It even took Jerry Sr a couple of years to figure that out, we originally modeled our colors after Green Bay Packers...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Not for nothing but Team USA is wearing light blue pull overs in curling tonight
jimflamesfan liked this
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Its not a joke.

I just posted information how our colors have changed over time...I didn't mean to push any of your buttons. Sorry.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
jimflamesfan wrote: February 9th, 2022, 11:59 pm
Its not a joke.

I just posted information how our colors have changed over time...I didn't mean to push any of your buttons. Sorry.
I think I understand what you are trying to say
Maybe you are saying you think our school's colors should match our country's flag colors??? I can understand that argument.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
They say that Junior wanted just plain black silk for home games and leopard-skin for away games. But I think people just looked at him, turned their heads, and pretended he was jesting
Purple Haize, LUOrange liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
jimflamesfan wrote: February 10th, 2022, 12:11 am I think I understand what you are trying to say. Maybe you are saying you think our school's colors should match our country's flag colors??? I can understand that argument.
You didn't push any buttons and I'm not "triggered." :lol:

Yes, LIBERTY's colors represent the Flag. Our colors are RED, WHITE, BLUE for a reason.
LUOrange liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: February 9th, 2022, 9:53 pm Don’t be so hard on him, It even took Jerry Sr a couple of years to figure that out, we originally modeled our colors after Green Bay Packers...
...not when we were LIBERTY.
LUOrange liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]