Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUAlum1215
Humble_Opinion wrote: November 28th, 2022, 12:16 pm I have it on good authority that HF's family was not at the game on Saturday and were "out of state." That's the first game they've missed all year. I think this is mostly a done deal.
Your sources need further vetting. I saw Jill on the sideline towards the end of the game and who I believe were all three daughters. My wife saw them as well and said it was them. Jill met HF around the 15 yard line and walked off the field with him.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Reality is setting in on the Auburn boards. It is best for AU and LU that this finishes up soon. I know Ian has to be making a shortlist of replacements. We need to get on with it.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Makes you wonder what Freeze will think once he’s around a fan base that doesn’t love him like he had here. Course if he wins there, which he will, they’ll love him too, but on the off chance he doesn’t succeed to expectations there and he’s booed and hated, he’ll probably wish he’d appreciated it here more.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Every minute that ticks off the clock increases the chances that Coach Freeze is back for 2023. Ian doesn't need names in his back pocket. If the opening occurs, we will move promptly.
By Touchdownmaker
Freeze was ready to go….. If aren’t ready to hold a press conference by now, they are looking for a prettier girl to dance with. If I’m Freeze, I’d leave the party.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: November 28th, 2022, 3:43 pm Surely no one would fly directly into Lynchburg to pickup HF for press conference, would they?
There is a nonstop commercial flight from Roanoke that arrives in Dulles at 355pm
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I gotta believe they’d have met in Roanoke if that was the case. Why have both parties meet in Washington? Additionally wouldn’t that AU plane be able to land in Lynchburg?
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Fair point.

I could see not wanting to come into LYH though. Local press ambush trying to get ahead of the announcement or ask tough questions.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Jon Tweets Sports

@jontweetssports

The Auburn University plane has landed at Dulles International Airport, which can only mean one thing: Joe Biden will be the next head football coach at Auburn.

2:27 PM · Nov 28, 2022·Twitter Web App
ballcoach15 liked this
By jmclaughlin
Chippy wrote: November 28th, 2022, 4:23 pm Jon Tweets Sports

@jontweetssports

The Auburn University plane has landed at Dulles International Airport, which can only mean one thing: Joe Biden will be the next head football coach at Auburn.

2:27 PM · Nov 28, 2022·Twitter Web App
That is hilarious!

Uncle Joe would tell you he played professionally at Auburn College in the 60’s. He was the only man to ever tackle Alabama famed tail back, Corn Pop. He passed up future football fame to join Syracuse Law school where he went on to finish 76th out of a class of 85 (the last part is the only excerpt he would discredit as a lie)
Chippy liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
https://www.aseaofred.com/hugh-freeze-i ... 0fvQoQY0Y4
What has been wildly speculated over the past 24 or so hours is now being widely reported and ASOR sources can confirm – Hugh Freeze will be officially named head coach at Auburn.

This ends his four year run as Liberty’s head coach. There were many highs during his tenure in Lynchburg – guiding the program to many firsts. Under his watch, Liberty posted its first ever wins over an ACC opponent (Syracuse, 2020), first ever wins over an SEC opponent (Arkansas, 2022), had its first ever national ranking in the FBS (2020), won three straight bowl games in the program’s first three years as being a bowl eligible member of the FBS, and saw the program’s first ever quarterback to be drafted to play that position in the NFL (Malik Willis, 2022).
I am more disappointed in ballcoach's sources than anything else :)
jmclaughlin, Purple Haize, rtb72 and 1 others liked this
By aj7
Congrats to Hugh Freeze. Auburn is one of maybe 15 jobs in the country that can win a national title. Biggest opportunity he's ever had.

On the flip side Liberty should be in a great position to find someone great again. Flush with cash to land a name (similar to Freeze) who probably wouldn't consider other G5 programs. Plus the opportunity to absolutely annihilate CUSA with our resource gap allows Liberty to be possibly the biggest springboard to an elite program. UCF is the blueprint. Lots of success no matter who the coach is and they eventually found their way into a P5 conference.
Purple Haize, LUOrange liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach let us down AGAIN. Crybaby
Election 2022 and 2024

The last 2 elections were decided by very […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]