Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Recon-32
I honestly think UT knew what was gonna happen and they already have their AD and coach lined up. They just don't want to move to fast and draw attention. Who it is i have no idea but i think it's a done deal already and just waiting to announce the AD and then the coach about a week later. I may be wrong but this President and Chancellor are professional and know what they are doing.
Touchdownmaker liked this
By Recon-32
Purple Haize wrote: January 19th, 2021, 12:27 am
Recon-32 wrote: January 18th, 2021, 11:33 pm I wouldn't be surprised to see Lane Kiffin get serious consideration for the job.
They’d rehire him? Plus, I think he’s got a better gig where he’s at
Kiffin wants to be top dog and beat Saban. He would stand a better chance at UT than Ole Miss. The facilities at UT are 2nd to none in the country and it is easier to recruit to UT than Ole Miss. Kiffin will go where his feels he can wis so his ego can get stroked more. I think he is a fantastic coach but Kiffin is about Kiffin
By Recon-32
lawrenceq wrote: January 19th, 2021, 7:05 pm Tennessee fans are campaigning on Coach Freeze's Twitter page. It's pure comedy. The desperation is real.
I don't see them hiring Freeze especially now
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Recon-32 wrote: January 19th, 2021, 11:12 pm
lawrenceq wrote: January 19th, 2021, 7:05 pm Tennessee fans are campaigning on Coach Freeze's Twitter page. It's pure comedy. The desperation is real.
I don't see them hiring Freeze especially now
Probably not. I get that the SEC is the place to be, but he's in a good situation right now. If I'm in his shoes and want back in the SEC, I'm holding out for Bama, Georgia, LSU or Florida.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Yeah i knew that didnt sound right but didnt want to look up facilities.

Anybody else hear sankey on outkick this am. He deflected the freeze blackball question. It sounds pretty clear than the expectation is for sec schools not to hire him.
By Recon-32
Sly Fox wrote: January 20th, 2021, 1:30 pm Yeah about those best facilties in the nation ...

247sports Top 25 - Unranked

Lineups Top 10 - Unranked

Bleacher Report Top 25 - #16

Yeah, there are some strong facilties in Knoxville. But they are significantly behind many of the schools they face head-on in recruting battles.
I know they just spent over 600k upgrading the weight room. The Anderson training center was supposed to be upgraded also with a new recovery area adn players lounge. The practice locker room was also to be upgraded. I'm too lazy to look it up but maybe after the weight room was done they put a hold on the others or they could be done.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I just can't imagine that Coach Freeze would want to get in the middle of this mess and according to Dan Patrick's sources it won't be happening.

That give snew meaning to the term Happy Meals? :lol:

Jason Witten? Great guy with no baggage and ZERO coaching experience.
stokesjokes, Recon-32 liked this
By LUOrange
Sly Fox wrote: January 20th, 2021, 3:23 pm I just can't imagine that Coach Freeze would want to get in the middle of this mess and according to Dan Patrick's sources it won't be happening.

That give snew meaning to the term Happy Meals? :lol:

Jason Witten? Great guy with no baggage and ZERO coaching experience.
I'm definitely going to that orange and white McDonald's the next time I'm in Knoxville.
ballcoach15, LU 57, alabama24 and 1 others liked this
By Jonathan Carone
I forgot Randy Boyd was president! He's one of the few people who I think could get a grip on their boosters because he's essentially an equal to them.
By rtb72
This sort of dialogue I would hope only sour HCHF with the idea of UT or even the SEC. Peace and happiness of your family and for yourself...what's the price tag on that? I think/hope it only fortifies him to stay at LU for a long time.
Liberty22 liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: January 21st, 2021, 1:45 am Imagine Coach Freeze & Co. remain with LU for the 2020's.... :nod :pray :dance :woohoo
Yo, let us play this out. What if HCHF stays at LU for the next decade:

What is the overall win loss total?

What is the highest end of season ranking?

How many losing seasons?

How many bowl games?

What is the best bowl game?

Ready, set & go!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Danny White getting hired so quickly makes the situation interesting. Great hire by the way based on everything I have heard about him at UCF. Forgive me if I still picture him punting and slinging it for Coach Landry im my mind.

Not sure what White's hiring means for the coaching search. But one way or the other things can commence immediately.
By rtb72
Sly Fox wrote: January 21st, 2021, 5:59 pm Danny White getting hired so quickly makes the situation interesting. Great hire by the way based on everything I have heard about him at UCF. Forgive me if I still picture him punting and slinging it for Coach Landry im my mind.

Not sure what White's hiring means for the coaching search. But one way or the other things can commence immediately.
Ah yes....that was the good ole days. Wonder how many on here remember the days of Danny White and Tony Dorsett with the C'boys when Riggins was at the Skins. That was when the rivalry was really fun.
phoenix liked this
By Rubicon
Are we sure that the Danny White who was athletic director at UCF is the Danny White who played at ASU and for the Dallas Cowboys? I can't find anything to confirm that. If true, that would be Tennessee people excited about a Mormon athletic director, which is more than fine by me . . . :wink:

ETA: Just found this.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... c-director

"A former college basketball player at Towson University and Notre Dame, White is the son of former Duke athletic director Kevin White. Danny White's brother, Mike, is Florida's head basketball coach."
flamehunter liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Rubicon wrote: January 21st, 2021, 9:56 pm Are we sure that the Danny White who was athletic director at UCF is the Danny White who played at ASU and for the Dallas Cowboys? I can't find anything to confirm that. If true, that would be Tennessee people excited about a Mormon athletic director, which is more than fine by me . . . :wink:

ETA: Just found this.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... c-director

"A former college basketball player at Towson University and Notre Dame, White is the son of former Duke athletic director Kevin White. Danny White's brother, Mike, is Florida's head basketball coach."
Nice catch Rubicon. I was assuming it was the former Cowboy's QB too.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]