Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By sstaedtler
First off, I wish Hugh Freeze a speedy recovery. That is the most important thing. I just got out of quarantine after having COVID. People acting like he will feel 100% in 2 weeks, I seriously doubt it. This happens at a bad time, trying to prepare for a bowl game and also with early signing period, I believe December 16th. Freeze would normally be recruiting somewhat right now.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
sstaedtler wrote: December 11th, 2020, 11:24 am First off, I wish Hugh Freeze a speedy recovery. That is the most important thing. I just got out of quarantine after having COVID. People acting like he will feel 100% in 2 weeks, I seriously doubt it. This happens at a bad time, trying to prepare for a bowl game and also with early signing period, I believe December 16th. Freeze would normally be recruiting somewhat right now.
I believe the recruiting dead period is still in effect, thus no visits are allowed. All recruiting is done via telephone.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 11th, 2020, 9:15 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 11th, 2020, 12:43 pm All recruiting is done via telephone.
No it’s not.

Coaches can't visit players. The Dead Period has been in effect since March, if my memory is correct.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Is there anything that ball coach is ever right about? Other than “I not know football.”
rogers3 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 13th, 2020, 3:27 pm Auburn is now open.
This would be an opportunity he would bolt for. And I would not blame him
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I thought about that. Cristobal is getting a lot of pub too though.

One thing is certain. They didn't fire him without a clear target in mind and probably even some back channel chatter. I think we will know by tomorrow if freeze is the top target and if he's entertaining it.
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
Gus was 68-34 and still got canned. That's a lot of win pressure. 68-34 at LU would be legendary. Hopefully it's something Hugh considers, but you can't fault him if he does leave us for Auburn.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
By all accounts Freeze is Auburns number 1 target and for that I think this is one of the jobs he can’t refuse and can afford his current buyout.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: December 13th, 2020, 3:53 pm Gus was 68-34 and still got canned. That's a lot of win pressure. 68-34 at LU would be legendary. Hopefully it's something Hugh considers, but you can't fault him if he does leave us for Auburn.
Auburn can offer him life changing money
Auburn can offer him a chance at. a National Championship
Auburn can offer him 5-8 years of job security
LUOrange liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
According to USA Today Auburn owes Gus Malzahn a $21.4 million buyout. Then they would owe us a massive amount of money to buyout Freeze.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: December 13th, 2020, 4:37 pm According to USA Today Auburn owes Gus Malzahn a $21.4 million buyout. Then they would owe us a massive amount of money to buyout Freeze.
Yep! They'll pay half within 30 days and the rest over the next 4 years. Then the Liberty buyout. It'll be expensive. The next couple of days will be interesting.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/st ... 531484002/
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I’ll throw out some wild speculation: maybe all our decommits are related. Auburn doesn’t make this move unless they know they can get their guy. They talked to Freeze, Freeze backs off his recruits.

That’s my tin foil hat moment. Probably not true and Freeze hopefully stays.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]