Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I like Coach Freeze. :mrgreen:
thepostman, rtb72 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 10th, 2021, 9:06 pm Since we already do Jerry’s Jokers, when does Mr. Freeze start to show up?
The Freezer?
Frozone?
By rtb72
Purple Haize wrote: January 10th, 2021, 9:27 pm
stokesjokes wrote: January 10th, 2021, 9:06 pm Since we already do Jerry’s Jokers, when does Mr. Freeze start to show up?
The Freezer?
Frozone?
I was thinking since we already have students as jokers...maybe we could complement them with some of the kids from FCK as little ice cubes, or maybe freeze pops???
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Surely a Coach Freeze thread is warented, but how about a shout out to Ian McCaw for having the foresight to hire this guy. Watching this National Championship and hearing Coach Freeze insight during the game, there is no doubt, he is among the elite coaches in all of college football. True, there was a risk involved in the hire, but the characterer that Coach Freeze has exibited over the past two years has been exemplary. He has proven to be worthy of the trust that has been given. Looking at the schedules that have been put together in the coming years and the way that he has positioned Liberty for success across the board, Ian deserves a mountain of respect for all he has accomplished in a short time. If there was a adminstrator of the year in college sports, he would have to be a candidate. Just FYI, have never met the man, he may be a jerk, but there is no question that Liberty is not on the National radar as it is today without him.
Liberty22, PAmedic, Touchdownmaker and 5 others liked this
By michaeleyou
Registration Days Posts
Racenut wrote:Surely a Coach Freeze thread is warented, but how about a shout out to Ian McCaw for having the foresight to hire this guy. Watching this National Championship and hearing Coach Freeze insight during the game, there is no doubt, he is among the elite coaches in all of college football. True, there was a risk involved in the hire, but the characterer that Coach Freeze has exibited over the past two years has been exemplary. He has proven to be worthy of the trust that has been given. Looking at the schedules that have been put together in the coming years and the way that he has positioned Liberty for success across the board, Ian deserves a mountain of respect for all he has accomplished in a short time. If there was a adminstrator of the year in college sports, he would have to be a candidate. Just FYI, have never met the man, he may be a jerk, but there is no question that Liberty is not on the National radar as it is today without him.
@Racenut,
Racenut wrote:Surely a Coach Freeze thread is warented, but how about a shout out to Ian McCaw for having the foresight to hire this guy. Watching this National Championship and hearing Coach Freeze insight during the game, there is no doubt, he is among the elite coaches in all of college football. True, there was a risk involved in the hire, but the characterer that Coach Freeze has exibited over the past two years has been exemplary. He has proven to be worthy of the trust that has been given. Looking at the schedules that have been put together in the coming years and the way that he has positioned Liberty for success across the board, Ian deserves a mountain of respect for all he has accomplished in a short time. If there was a adminstrator of the year in college sports, he would have to be a candidate. Just FYI, have never met the man, he may be a jerk, but there is no question that Liberty is not on the National radar as it is today without him.
I have met him. He is a very kind, genuine individual. No arrogance at all. A true gentleman. We are fortunate to have him.
ballcoach15, Baybird, LU 57 and 1 others liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
While that is a source of pride for our folks, it also was apparent to P5 ADs and those in the know as well. Sometimes I prefer when we have something awesome below the radar. But that is just me being selfish.

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Racenut wrote: January 12th, 2021, 12:42 am Surely a Coach Freeze thread is warented, but how about a shout out to Ian McCaw for having the foresight to hire this guy. Watching this National Championship and hearing Coach Freeze insight during the game, there is no doubt, he is among the elite coaches in all of college football. True, there was a risk involved in the hire, but the characterer that Coach Freeze has exibited over the past two years has been exemplary. He has proven to be worthy of the trust that has been given. Looking at the schedules that have been put together in the coming years and the way that he has positioned Liberty for success across the board, Ian deserves a mountain of respect for all he has accomplished in a short time. If there was a adminstrator of the year in college sports, he would have to be a candidate. Just FYI, have never met the man, he may be a jerk, but there is no question that Liberty is not on the National radar as it is today without him.
I have been in Ian's suite 4-5 times for games. I have talked to people who know him away from LU. He is a genuine person and very humble.
We are indeed VERY fortunate to have him as our AD.
The best AD ever hired- after just a 4 day vetting period. 8) 8) :D
Baybird, LU 57 liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
HCHF may have let a nugget out on why Peyton Pickett left on the FlamesCentral Podcast. He mentioned Mack coming back, Shedro, TJ Green who signed in December and then hopefully the addition of one more really good running back for February. Whether transfer portal or high school kid was not indicated but he chuckled when saying it.
LUOrange, sstaedtler liked this
By LUOrange
Recon-32 wrote: January 12th, 2021, 11:37 am It was apparent last night that Hugh Freeze was the smartest coach in the room during the N'tl Championship Game
I was wondering why the NCA&T Coach was even there. It seemed that he was a bit intimidated by Freeze and Clawson.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: January 12th, 2021, 6:50 pm
Recon-32 wrote: January 12th, 2021, 11:37 am It was apparent last night that Hugh Freeze was the smartest coach in the room during the N'tl Championship Game
I was wondering why the NCA&T Coach was even there. It seemed that he was a bit intimidated by Freeze and Clawson.
I think we all know why he was there.
LUOrange, flameshaw liked this
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: January 12th, 2021, 6:52 pm
I think we all know why he was there.
Why?
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
He certainly didn't add much. I think he was also at a disadvantage by not being in-studio with the other coaches with the very large screens they had. I have a 70-inch TV and I had trouble seeing some of the detail on the split screen showing the plays and the coaches. I'm sure he had the same limitations.

HCHF certainly was no wallflower. :D
Kricket, Liberty22 liked this
By Class of 20Something
I was so pleasantly surprised by Clawson. He was able to see and understand both sides of the ball as fast as Freeze. His jab at Freeze about taking a 7 yard out then kicking the field goal at the end of the first half was brilliant and showed that Clawson had watched our game vs VT. It's amazing that he's taken an academic school to 5 consecutive bowls.
LUOrange liked this
By Jonathan Carone
Class of 20Something wrote: January 13th, 2021, 1:05 pm I was so pleasantly surprised by Clawson. He was able to see and understand both sides of the ball as fast as Freeze. His jab at Freeze about taking a 7 yard out then kicking the field goal at the end of the first half was brilliant and showed that Clawson had watched our game vs VT. It's amazing that he's taken an academic school to 5 consecutive bowls.
Clawson is one of those guys who will never win a national championship - maybe not even a conference championship - but is so well respected by his peers because he's such a great coach.
By Recon-32
I think him not being in the same room and doing it thru video hurt his input alot.
Liberty22 liked this

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]