Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Hope you are right. However, I’d think that Tennessee wouldn’t pull the trigger at this stage without their man in place... hopefully it’s not Freeze.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Recon-32 wrote: January 18th, 2021, 1:37 pm Fulmer Retiring also. If a team meeting is called for the football team then something is up with coach Freeze
Package deal?
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote: January 18th, 2021, 1:45 pm
Recon-32 wrote: January 18th, 2021, 1:37 pm Fulmer Retiring also. If a team meeting is called for the football team then something is up with coach Freeze
Package deal?
Is that what they should do? Absolutely.

But with the way the fan base reacted to the idea of hiring Greg Schiano, there's no way they can bring in Ian McCaw and Hugh Freeze together.
By Recon-32
Purple Haize wrote: January 18th, 2021, 1:45 pm
Package deal?
Fulmer will stay til new AD is hired. Fulmer is 70 years old and needs to just enjoy life. I'd say it was retire or be fired. Pruitt is fired for cause so there is no buyout for him (i'm guessing). That saves UT over 10 million $$$$ . This was all started by a recruits family when the recruit went to GA.
By Recon-32
A lot of UT fans want Charles Davis as AD. He does love Tenn. and has offered to help previously with coaching searches but UT has taken him up on the offer.
By jmclaughlin
This is a perfect opportunity for Freeze to become the hero there. If he ever wanted to jump ship and have more credibility than his predecessor, well here you go. The bar is so low that Freeze will have 2 years of 0 expectations to get things moving in the right direction. Pull off one big splash win in those 2 years and he has cemented himself.

All that said, this would be a bad idea for his brand! Let some other sucker take the 3 year hit. Freeze would be wise to keep raising the bar in Lynchburg. The Vols will be in the same situation in 3 years or less. That is a train wreck right now!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: January 18th, 2021, 1:37 pm Hope you are right. However, I’d think that Tennessee wouldn’t pull the trigger at this stage without their man in place
Tennessee is a dumpster fire right now. Pruett was a bad hire from Day 1. NCAA is coming after them for recruiting violations. Fulmer was a bad AD.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
When Tennessee hired Jeremy Pruitt he was far from their first choice. One of my friends said he was their 10th choice.

Tennessee just needed an out to avoid having to pay that buyout and the violation gave them just that.
Last edited by lawrenceq on January 18th, 2021, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I rethought my “wouldn’t pull the trigger” due to the “for cause” clause.

If he is going to leave this offseason, I hope it is sooner rather than later.
By Recon-32
From my understanding UT was gonna be in trouble no matter what. It was Pruitt in the end but could have been Fulmer just as easily.
By Recon-32
I wouldn't be surprised to see UT throw a lot of money at a coach this time around. I think the boosters are tired and ready to pay whatever price they need and it may take a lot for a good coach to come in there right now.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am concerned it may be time for our aviation friends to start watching tail numbers between TYS and LYH/ROA/GSO/RDU.

What is the word from the Vols boards?
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I’m going to wait and see who their new AD is, because whoever it is, is going to have their own preference.

If HCHF is offered then he’s good as gone.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Word is, they need AD before they get a coach. They're searching for AD.
It would take someone desperate to take a job in Knoxville right now.
By Recon-32
I'd say UT has been somewhat planning for a new AD and new coach for a couple weeks. No way the higher ups didn't know what all was going on. It was reported they multiple lever 1 violations and have been preparing for it trying to get ahead of it. I don't know if they would hire Freeze with his history and them now with theirs.
By Recon-32
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 18th, 2021, 2:45 pm So are the Haslems making the hire at Tennessee this time since Ergen, Anderson, and Jubran missed on the last one?
Possibly. I don't think the Haslems like Fulmer very much
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Scrolling through the Vols boards the following seem to be the names that top Rocky Top wish list:

• Hugh Freeze
  • Gus Malzahn
  • Tom Herman
  • Matt Campbell
  • Jamey Chadwell
  • Billy Napier

The word is that with the Browns season done, Jimmy Haslam will be involved in the AD search. Supposedly Peyton Manning will be involved in the coaching search. Obviously the Mannings have ties to Coach Freeze.

Som are suggestng that since Pruitt is getting canned is for just cause around recruiting violations that the situation may be too volatile for Coach Freeze to get the job. Supposedly Sankey was OK with South Carolina pursuing Coach Freeze. But the mess in Knoxville might be a different story,
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Fulmer hired Steele to be DC in the midst of this mess. Steele was a collossal failure winning just one Big 12 game in four years at Baylor. He sports a sterling 9-38 record as a head coach. He might stick around as a DC considering how late Tennessee is in the hiring game. But I just can't see him getting promoted.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]