Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By rtb72
tyndal23 wrote: November 1st, 2022, 11:37 pm
rtb72 wrote: November 1st, 2022, 10:28 pm
soccer7 wrote: November 1st, 2022, 5:14 pm I don’t think that is the case. It is reported that the buy out is only $3 million. I feel that he stays and I hope my instincts don’t let me down.
Mmmm.....that's pocket change for an SEC team. Heck, that's pocket change for a lot of P5s. No added comfort if that's true...
Reported where ?
This is what was posted on another board. Not sure how true it is simply because I've seen it NO WHERE else. I would find it suspect, since I think our AD probably has more business acumen than many. That "buyout" seems incredibly low to me.

https://footballscoop.com/news/despite- ... ong-others

"Freeze, of course, recently agreed to a contract extension with Liberty that could pay the former record-setting Ole Miss coach approximately $5 million per year to continue atop the Flames’ FBS program.

However, multiple sources with direct knowledge told FootballScoop both last week and again Monday that Freeze’s new pact at Liberty “would not preclude” Freeze was leaving for the right Power-5 opportunity. Per sources, Freeze – or his potential new employer – would owe Liberty less than $3 million should he leave after this season for a P-5 job."
By jmclaughlin
One thing I know, no one knows what Freeze will do. 2nd thing I know, we will have this same discussion every fall that Freeze is the head ball coach.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 9:58 pm One thing I know, no one knows what Freeze will do. 2nd thing I know, we will have this same discussion every fall that Freeze is the head ball coach.
I’d say if he sticks around for 3-4 more years he’s in for the long haul
By Ill flame
When he was hired I never thought he would stick around more than a couple years. I figured he would stay just long enough to win a few games, improve his image and go back to a P5. I don't think he's going anywhere this year now that he already signed a new contract but if he leaves i'm thankful that he stayed as long as he did and established a very solid foundation to build from.
jmclaughlin liked this
By jmclaughlin
Purple Haize wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 10:05 pm
jmclaughlin wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 9:58 pm One thing I know, no one knows what Freeze will do. 2nd thing I know, we will have this same discussion every fall that Freeze is the head ball coach.
3-4 more years would be the definition of a long haul for a college coach!
By tyndal23
jmclaughlin wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 11:52 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 10:05 pm
3-4 more years would be the definition of a long haul for a college coach!
That would put him at 7-8. The Average tenure is now under 4.
By Tnobes
The more I think about it, freeze is not going to Auburn. Everyone and their mother knew Auburn was going to fire their coach this season, it was just a matter if they did it now or before a bowl game. Hugh Freeze and Ian BOTH knew the Auburn job was going to be open, I believe the raise and contract extension are BECAUSE the Auburn job was going to be open and the extension and raise were made to keep him at Liberty. The Auburn job was used as leverage. Hugh freeze is not going to Auburn (which is a dumpster fire)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:25 am I hope you’re right. I’m not emotionally ready to find out what happens after HF :lol:
Has he accomplished everything he wanted to/ can do at LU? It can be argued he has. It can also be argued he hasn’t
Has he accomplished everything he’s wanted to professionally? I dunno. Can he do it at Auburn? Probably

I hope he stays. I hope he becomes the LU version of Bobby Bowden. But if he leaves I totally understand as well.
JK37, LUOrange, alabama24 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ok. I have made my decision. HCHF stays. Auburn Community loves them some Carnell Williams and big money people are ALREADY pushing for him to be hired. You also have The Pirates AD now at Auburn, so he’s in play. HCHF can accomplish just about everything he wants to professionally at LU Can he win a Natty here? I’m not gonna say No, but I am gonna say probably not. BUT there’s no guarantee he can at Auburn either. What he CAN do here is build a culture and legacy like Jo Pa, Bowden etc and he certainly cannot do that at Auburn.
Yes, if Auburn shown up with a 8 year $68 million off er it’s going to be difficult to say no. But if you are already making $4 million a year does that play a big factor? I mean you are already making life changing and generational money.
So The Dark Side official position is He Stays
ballcoach15, Liberty22, Baybird and 1 others liked this
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 6th, 2022, 9:36 am Ok. I have made my decision. HCHF stays. Auburn Community loves them some Carnell Williams and big money people are ALREADY pushing for him to be hired. You also have The Pirates AD now at Auburn, so he’s in play. HCHF can accomplish just about everything he wants to professionally at LU Can he win a Natty here? I’m not gonna say No, but I am gonna say probably not. BUT there’s no guarantee he can at Auburn either. What he CAN do here is build a culture and legacy like Jo Pa, Bowden etc and he certainly cannot do that at Auburn.
Yes, if Auburn shown up with a 8 year $68 million off er it’s going to be difficult to say no. But if you are already making $4 million a year does that play a big factor? I mean you are already making life changing and generational money.
So The Dark Side official position is He Stays

Just saw this on Twitter. I have a hard time seeing the AD that turned him in for infractions turning around and hiring him.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Here is a thought:

Lane Kiffin takes the Auburn job. Does Ole Miss feel the need for a Freeze 2.0 era? Does going back to Ole Miss fit that "special" job still?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Coach Freeze will probably stay at Liberty until Coach Saban retires, and then go to Tuscaloosa.

I picked up on this from an Alabama source 2 weeks ago.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 17th, 2022, 12:08 pm Here is a thought:

Lane Kiffin takes the Auburn job. Does Ole Miss feel the need for a Freeze 2.0 era? Does going back to Ole Miss fit that "special" job still?
I'm not sure if this is a joke (impossible to sense sarcasm online) but no...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Kiffen is a good coach, but he jumps ship too quickly. Freeze and Swinney are the only 2 candidates as of now. Someone else could emerge in future, but doubtful.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 17th, 2022, 2:12 pm
SumItUp wrote: November 17th, 2022, 1:53 pm I heard Trump wants Hugh for his VP candidate. I heard it from a secret source in Alabama.
You are being funny, I am serious.
Which is seriously funny
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 17th, 2022, 2:10 pm

I wish I was that clever to make a joke out of it. Ole Miss message boards have already mentioned the possibility. Some have been ecstatic over it as well. Honestly, I was fishing for some reactions when I posted it. 8)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 17th, 2022, 7:01 pm
aredd33 wrote: November 17th, 2022, 2:10 pm

I wish I was that clever to make a joke out of it. Ole Miss message boards have already mentioned the possibility. Some have been ecstatic over it as well. Honestly, I was fishing for some reactions when I posted it. 8)
I think he’d have to take a pay cut at this point
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
While WVU seems to be buzzing about a possible Rich Rod return, the following tweet emerged from one of the media who covers the team:

Why would a flight from LYH need to stop in Charlottesville? Take it for what it is worth. And frankly, I would say not much.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 10:31 am While WVU seems to be buzzing about a possible Rich Rod return, the following tweet emerged from one of the media who covers the team:

Why would a flight from LYH need to stop in Charlottesville? Take it for what it is worth. And frankly, I would say not much.
WVU is also looking for an AD
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]