Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: December 1st, 2021, 9:35 am Just to give perspective on the new contract for HCHF and what we’re paying him. Pretty crazy to think what he’s making now would have been tops in the country in 09
To give perspective, every dollar was worth a lot more in 2009 than it is today.
By willflop
According to google, since 2009 inflation would only be a factor of 1.29. So, the top today would be 5.6m if it followed inflation, but it's 9.5m.

Adjusted for inflation, Freeze is making what Urban made at Florida.
Liberty22 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Just curious--does anyone know what HF's salary was at Ole Miss?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: December 1st, 2021, 12:48 pm Sorry for posting a graphic i thought was interesting showing what 4 mil a year used to pay. Forgot some of yall just enjoy being contrary.
Don’t look at me. I liked it :D
Liberty22 liked this
By LUOrange
So Freezr said on the Flames Central Podcast that he's waiting on LUHR to finish the approval/paperwork on his splashy new coaching hire. He said that this fella was coaching in the NFL, his team is done, and he coached this guy before. Any ideas?
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:KK
If we had a contest to name the worst coach in Liberty Athletic history KK would have to be near the top. Gosh he was horrible. Just horrible.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 5:02 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 4:05 pm DL on line 1
Chris Kiffin
For DC I guess. Woulda been cool to get his dad, who is not retired, but has a relatively low stress job as a personnel analyst for Lane at Ole Miss.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
According to an article I read, he went from a high school coach to Vanderbilt for 1 year, then to NFL. That's moving up quickly. High school to NFL in 2 years.
Risewithus liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: January 12th, 2022, 11:03 am
Risewithus wrote: January 12th, 2022, 10:23 am Once again, I got overlooked for the job.....despite me having zero coaching experience and never playing the game. I dont get it. :dontgetit
Stand in line, Bub. BJ deserves his shot first.
And then ballcoach
ballcoach15, alabama24 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I am a little surprised, based on his very limited time as a coach. However, HF obviously knows him real well and that is good enough for me. Hope he does extremely well and is an excellent recruiter and coach.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 12th, 2022, 9:41 am According to an article I read, he went from a high school coach to Vanderbilt for 1 year, then to NFL. That's moving up quickly. High school to NFL in 2 years.
Once again, Ballcoach's sources are suspect. Instead, he should read the ASOR article:

Garrett has spent the past two seasons with the Browns as an assistant defensive line coach. Prior to his time in the NFL, Garrett was a defensive quality control coach in 2019 at Vanderbilt. He spent a number of years in the high school ranks, first with Southaven High School and then Ensworth High School.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The fact you put any stock into ballcoach sources….
By jmclaughlin
Nothing Ballcoach said was inaccurate. If you conflate the "2 years" to mean one year HS + one year Vandy = 2 years then I can see some confusion. However, what he said is correct, the wording is just a little confusing.
Ballcoach takes too many beatings in these threads and to his credit he never retaliates in the sophomoric ways in which he is attacked.
ballcoach15, LUOrange, Ill flame and 1 others liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]