Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: November 26th, 2022, 1:22 pm Sean Alexander? I hope Freeze stays, but doesn't feel like it anymore. Would say no to Frost, he really screwed up an Nebraska. Kurt Warner as QB coach.
Kurt's kid is the starter at Temple. I guess I can dream.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 26th, 2022, 2:07 pm
Ill flame wrote: November 26th, 2022, 2:02 pm All I know is it can't be a baggage thing because we don't care about that stuff here.
Clearly. I do though. I have no idea if what I was told is true or not so I won't post it here but no need to take that gamble.

NMSU scores again with little resistance. Hugh has every right to take a better job. I don't blame him for that but the way he has allowed it derail the season isn't a great look.
Yep, coach quit on the team. I’m happy for the quick success, but everyone wanted to use that as cover for character concerns. It always shows up in the end. The kids deserved better.
By Husker-In-Dixie
G5 level would be just the kind of spot that would fit Frost to rebuild his career. He made alot of mistakes in keeping his staff and was not ready to return home. Who knows what you can believe but it sounds like he may need some time away to get his personal life in order.
By Husker-In-Dixie
If he puts 3 games together at Auburn like the last 3 he’s had at LU, they’ll run him out of town in Year 1. Of course he’ll be a really rich guy at that point…
By Tnobes
Ill flame wrote: November 26th, 2022, 1:06 pm
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: November 26th, 2022, 12:55 pm Freeze is gone. He will do well at Auburn. Who’s next at LU? Will be interesting to see.
According to an article from FCA Scott frost is a devout Christian. He would definitely be on my shortlist if I was the AD.
Scott frost slept with Lawrence Phillips girlfriend in college and was hiding in the closet when Lawrence Phillips beat up his girlfriend and dragged her down the stairs by her hair, because Scott frost was the cause of it. Scott Frost is a pathetic human being.
By Ill flame
Tnobes wrote: November 26th, 2022, 3:07 pm
Ill flame wrote: November 26th, 2022, 1:06 pm
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: November 26th, 2022, 12:55 pm Freeze is gone. He will do well at Auburn. Who’s next at LU? Will be interesting to see.
According to an article from FCA Scott frost is a devout Christian. He would definitely be on my shortlist if I was the AD.
Scott frost slept with Lawrence Phillips girlfriend in college and was hiding in the closet when Lawrence Phillips beat up his girlfriend and dragged her down the stairs by her hair, because Scott frost was the cause of it. Scott Frost is a pathetic human being.
I don't know anything about what he did in college but I did just find an article accusing him of not recruiting, showing up to practice on time and generally maintaining a toxic environment. The article looked like something a message board fan put together with no sources but if those accusations are true I don't want him.
stokesjokes liked this
By Liberty_2023
Jimmy Sexton is Hugh, Lane, & Kendal Briles agent.

Hugh gets bigger job with more money
Lane gets big extension/pay raise
Kendal potentially gets 1st HC job

That guy gets his clients jobs/money
ALAFlamesFan liked this
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Worst case scenario now: Auburn Twitter blocks Freeze hire. It's too late to turn back now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote: November 26th, 2022, 4:17 pm BEST case scenario now: Auburn Twitter blocks Freeze hire. It's too late to turn back now.
FIFY
What happens is Auburn beats Bama tonight :shock:
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
If Freeze leaves...how about Chris Creighton from Easter Michigan? He's seems to be a strong Christian...and considering Eastern Michigan's situation when he came he has done well there all things considered. :)
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Heard from a couple of very reliable sources that the kids heard about Freeze leaving just before the game started.
In addition, the QB room has been fractured for a while because of the constant carousel.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
In postgame newser, Coach Freeze admitted that players confronted him about the news and he told him that there had been talks but he had not been offered the job. But he basically admitted it let the wind out of the team's sails and there was zero energy coming into the stadium. Of course that was obvious to everyone.

I honestly believe that there is a still good chance he is back for '23. Of course we will find out later this evening if reports out of the State of Alabama are accurate.
By Tnobes
How do you tell players you have had talks with another team and still come back to be coach? That's like telling your wife you have been talking to another woman about getting married but haven't set the date yet, you may still come back if the caterer falls through
Chippy, rtb72 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The fact he owned up to the situation is his saving grace in that regard.

Big difference between a marriage and a job. I don't suspect too many players will trouble getting over an SEC powerhouse engagaing their coach. You want a coach that schools like Auburn covet.
Liberty22, Purple Haize, Baybird and 2 others liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Liberty_2023 wrote: November 26th, 2022, 3:49 pm Jimmy Sexton is Hugh, Lane, & Kendal Briles agent.

Hugh gets bigger job with more money
Lane gets big extension/pay raise
Kendal potentially gets 1st HC job

That guy gets his clients jobs/money
Funny these 2 have been talked about ad nauseum for the last 3 weeks, and both have lost the last 3 games. Takes its toll on the team, or just coincidence.
Last edited by Chippy on November 26th, 2022, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LUOrange liked this
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]